What's new

Bangladeshi PM off to Turkey

RayKalm

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Dhaka, Apr 10 (bdnews24.com) — Prime minister Sheikh Hasina left for Turkey on Wednesday on a three-day official visit.

She left Dhaka at 2:15pm on a flight of Biman Bangladesh Airlines. Hasina is expected to reach the Turkish capital Ankara at 6:45pm local time on Wednesday.

Deputy parliament leader Syeda Sajeda Chowdhury, finance minister Abul Maal Abdul Muhith, local government minister Syed Ashraful Islam along with others cabinet members and chiefs of three armed forces and inspector general of police saw the prime minister off at the airport.

A media release from the foreign ministry on Tuesday said the two countries are expected to sign several agreements and memorandum of understandings during Hasina's visit.

Foreign minister Dipu Moni, industries minister Dilip Barua, Sylhet City Corporation mayor Badar Uddin Ahmed Kamran, ambassador-at-large M Ziauddin, principal secretary Sheikh Wahid-uz-zaman, FBCCI president A K Azad and representatives from the business community are accompanying the prime minister during the trip.

2012-04-11-11-55-21-Hasina_top.jpg

PM leaves for Turkey | Bangladesh | bdnews24.com

:enjoy:Secular Bangla off topic....how did hasina lose so much weight? stress from the fear of losing the job:lol:

Good news. We need to start investing more in bangladesh. Rapidly growing economy along with a huge workforce. They just need to kick start the industrialisation process in earnest.

Plus I would love to see a Milgem class corvette patrolling the bay of Bengal. :tup:

Good news. We need to start investing more in bangladesh. Rapidly growing economy along with a huge workforce. They just need to kick start the industrialisation process in earnest.

Plus I would love to see a Milgem class corvette patrolling the bay of Bengal. :tup:

only one?? there was rumor/plan to introduce Milgem on tot after 2020! Bangladesh is considering Turkey + South Korea as alternative source for Navy beside China!

552403_329774907083058_1039632019_n.jpg

Actually we refer to Bangladeshi PM, not Bengali. Bangladesh has people from different ethnics, like our CHT region. They are Bangladeshi.
Bangladesh has always considered Turkey as a friend. We got a road in Dhaka, " Kamal Ataturk Avenue". We look forward to more co-operation with Turkey.

Milgems look kicka$$,would really like to see them in Bay of Bengal.Fingers crossed as we all know our PM is sort of military freak, hehe wouldn't be surprised if she returns with some deals regarding Milgems,subs and there is a strong possibility BN is looking for subs from South Korea,Turkey but i may be wrong !! And BN SWADS also getting training in Turkey.

Btw,i hope Turkey will cut the restrictions some slacks that they put on Bangladeshi garments.

Thing is Turkey already makes high end garment products themselves that is why they have restrictions.

Then there is not much hope for garments and i think she also knows that.Now i wonder why she is there !!! May be some big surprise waiting for our military:D

only one?? there was rumor/plan to introduce Milgem on tot after 2020! Bangladesh is considering Turkey + South Korea as alternative source for Navy beside China!

552403_329774907083058_1039632019_n.jpg

Milgems with ToT would be awesome. If this happens and Bangladesh can start building advanced warships 'in-house' then other nations would think twice about sending any subs into BD waters.

People need to stop underestimating BD. The potential is most definitely there.

Back
Top Bottom