What's new

Bangladeshi man arrested for plotting to blow up Federal Reserve Building

Status
Not open for further replies.
2012-10-18__7-US.jpg

Does anybody confirm whether he hold a dual nationality of some other country or not. Did he enter directly from Bangladesh or through third country. Whether Dhaka embassy issued him the visa? Does he have an known address in Bangladesh.

A guy from Bangladesh planning to attack USA Federal reserve and make contacts with people around within a short period of time is quite unthinkable when it takes quite a few years to know your way around in USA let alone the culture and the way of talking.

Looks like your 2050 is not taking off, but keep trying. These guys might eventually start posting there as well ;) But let me tell you why this place is a success, because it has the right "masala", a homogeneous place won't have that.

Kalu_Miah can gain more success in his forum if he takes some strategy but that it is appearing he has not taken. One of the thing that he can do he can ask some Bangladeshi facebook page admin which has more then 200k+ member to share his website. In this way even he gets .1% member that will be 200 more then enough to run a forum. With 1% it will be more then 2000. There are dozens of Bangladeshi facebook page which has more then 50000 member.

But he needs to change some strategy as well that is to be more tolerant like webmaster as the member grows more and will have to give other the freedom to express their view even if that is against his opinion.

Second that should be a neutral forum even in reality that he had written in the forum which it will be.

Thirdly deleting the Pakistan and India centric part from the welcome page.

I have not gone to his forum yet as already this forum is wasting a huge amount of time of time. I can not afford more at least until December.

So that undercover agent must be a middle eastern or south asian by origin....

It looks like he is an english medium student back in Bangladesh and went to South East Missouri Sate University to study on Cyber Security.

He was brainwashed in a facebook page according to the report and by a magazine of Al Qaeda. He may or may not have the capability to carry out the attack but he expressed his desire in a extreme facebook chat room and rest is known. I do not know whether counselling could have been provided to him instead more persuade him to carry out the attack. The same thing expressed in the later part of the video.

Youth needs to be careful what he is saying and doing online specially in anonymous facebook pages or in other chat room.

No amount of counselling would change such clueless brainless idiots, in my opinion, whatever went wrong, went wrong much earlier with his upbringing. I do not feel sorry for him at all, I am glad that FBI entrapped him and caught him in the act, he deserves to rot in jail.

He was old enough, 21 and he has to take full responsibility for his actions. Not only that, unfortunately we Bangladeshi's now have to take full responsibility for creating such an idiot as a nation and community. This should teach us that we are all in this together. One idiots action can affect all of us like this. Now extend that to 1.6 billion Muslims, and then you can get a more clear picture, what is wrong with the Muslim world today. What every Muslim does on world stage affects all of us, so individuals must realize this fact and act accordingly.

What school did he go to? What did his parents do for a living? Was he a pious mosque visiting guy? Did he pick up his ideas from his family, school or mosque, that is what I am after, or is it combination of all of them.

We need a total reorientation of educational system, so people know more about how the world really works, instead of so much memorization of so many subjects. If young students like him can do this kind of thing, this is a national security threat for the entire nation. If there can be someone like him, I am worried that there are many others like him, walking time bombs, who will destroy our image as a nation. So we need to get to the source of the problem.

Lets say he got brainwashed by websites, then we need to look for his character profile what made him susceptible to such brainwashing and how his upbringing gave him this character profile.

2012-10-18__7-US.jpg

Does anybody confirm whether he hold a dual nationality of some other country or not. Did he enter directly from Bangladesh or through third country. Whether Dhaka embassy issued him the visa? Does he have an known address in Bangladesh.

A guy from Bangladesh planning to attack USA Federal reserve and make contacts with people around within a short period of time is quite unthinkable when it takes quite a few years to know your way around in USA let alone the culture and the way of talking.

That also seems strange to me. He lives in Missouri and plotting to blow up an building in New York. But through some searching it is appearing that he studied in Bangladesh International School (BIT). Waiting for more detail report of Prothom Alo that is likely to carry more detail report.

@ Kalu_Miah.

Most of the BD extremist are from Madrasah or English medium school where students were kept in a controlled environment. Bangla medium schools are less prone to extremist as far as I know. :frown:

2012-10-18__7-US.jpg

We will never know if he is really part of it or just victim of Murica :undecided:

Kalu_Miah can gain more success in his forum if he takes some strategy but that it is appearing he has not taken. One of the thing that he can do he can ask some Bangladeshi facebook page admin which has more then 200k+ member to share his website. In this way even he gets .1% member that will be 200 more then enough to run a forum. With 1% it will be more then 2000. There are dozens of Bangladeshi facebook page which has more then 50000 member.

But he needs to change some strategy as well that is to be more tolerant like webmaster as the member grows more and will have to give other the freedom to express their view even if that is against his opinion.

Second that should be a neutral forum even in reality that he had written in the forum which it will be.

Thirdly deleting the Pakistan and India centric part from the welcome page.

I have not gone to his forum yet as already this forum is wasting a huge amount of time of time. I can not afford more at least until December.

Thanks for the advice, in fact I am thinking of starting facebook group for this Bangladesh2050 group/forum. There is a facebook page that I created way back, more than a year ago. But we need more people with facebook experience who can help us launch our own facebook group. This morning one friend told me the same thing that I should pay more attention to facebook as there are at least several million Bangladeshi's in facebook. Apo_asura to his credit also gave this suggestion way back. Anyways this morning I was thinking of looking at the facebook, instead I got hooked to this forum and had no time for that.

By the way, we are quite tolerant about expressing views. Why are you saying we are not tolerant?

What Pakistan India centric part are talking about? What welcome page? Can you please clarify? Sorry for the OT diversion.

We will never know if he is really part of it or just victim of Murica :undecided:

How old are you? 20's, 30's? Let me tell you, he is no victim, he has just destroyed the image of a whole country with his stupidity and his actions.

What part do you not get? How was he a victim?

That also seems strange to me. He lives in Missouri and plotting to blow up an building in New York. But through some searching it is appearing that he studied in Bangladesh International School (BIT). Waiting for more detail report of Prothom Alo that is likely to carry more detail report.

Is it BIS then, BIT is Bangladesh Intl. Tutorial.

You guys will be surprised on how much the Americans monitor the Internet in Bangladesh. I knew a kid around the age of 19 or 20, he used to visit ****** websites and what not; he is deeply religious though. The Americans monitored him for a while and asked NSI to pick him up......the kid got away cause his dad was a retired colonel due to his connections. NSI also asked his dad to let the kid keep on talking to this guy, but he didn't. They left him alone, i bet he was still monitored.

Is it BIS then, BIT is Bangladesh Intl. Tutorial.

You guys will be surprised on how much the Americans monitor the Internet in Bangladesh. I knew a kid around the age of 19 or 20, he used to visit ****** websites and what not; he is deeply religious though. The Americans monitored him for a while and asked NSI to pick him up......the kid got away cause his dad was a retired colonel due to his connections. NSI also asked his dad to let the kid keep on talking to this guy, but he didn't. They left him alone, i bet he was still monitored.

Theres a twitter account of Taleban. A Bangladeshi guy in dhaka once interrogated by US officers after replying to one of the twits!!

Thanks for the advice, in fact I am thinking of starting facebook group for this Bangladesh2050 group/forum. There is a facebook page that I created way back, more than a year ago. But we need more people with facebook experience who can help us launch our own facebook group. This morning one friend told me the same thing that I should pay more attention to facebook as there are at least several million Bangladeshi's in facebook. Apo_asura to his credit also gave this suggestion way back. Anyways this morning I was thinking of looking at the facebook, instead I got hooked to this forum an had no time for that.

By the way, we are quite tolerant about expressing views. Why are you saying we are not tolerant?

What Pakistan India centric part are talking about? What welcome page? Can you please clarify? Sorry for the OT diversion.

Yes that will be a good idea but ask admins of the popular pages to promote the forum directly ... secondary thing will be to promote the facebook page. As forum thing is new to most of the Bangladeshi they may agree to share that and you may get more member.

Yes tolerant needs to be maintained specially when diverse group of people express their view and even when it goes against your opinion...

I have not gone to your forum but one message was posted by you and hammer there some stuff was written about Indian and Pakistanis. Hope you got my point...

You can start with this 2 facebook page by requesting admin... as to the best of my knowledge they have the highest amount of Bangladeshis in the page...

https://www.facebook.com/bd.bridal

https://www.facebook.com/bdcricteam

and imagine if he succeeded. bangladesh would have b-2's flying over head dropping 500 pound bombs.

the public would most definately want retaliation, and the government would have no choice but to but to give into public pressure of face losing re-election.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom