What's new

Bangladeshi Army Chief on 6-day visit to Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Bangladeshi Army is leftist

With the BNP and Jamaat alliance in power over the last 5 years do you really think they would have allowed promotions to leftists in the army. They made a mistake with Masud and Moeen (maybe) but all the other names you mentioned are on the right.

Who says Right will always mean Pakistan and Left India? It might well be the other way round too. As you said Bangladesh's Armed Forces and Political 'founders' are going to be as anti-Pakistani as they get, and you can hardly call them leftist...

With the BNP and Jamaat alliance in power over the last 5 years do you really think they would have allowed promotions to leftists in the army. They made a mistake with Masud and Moeen (maybe) but all the other names you mentioned are on the right.

The Bangladeshi military was very much apolitical; I'll dare say that prior to the current intervention, the military was politically dormant (at least relatively). Most of the people in the list of names that you mentioned were sidelined not because they were rightist, but because of multiple other factors. Now what does this say? It says that their "rightist credentials" can be ignored by the current set-up. Translation: the left reigns supreme, so much that rightist elements can be ignored.

The current intervention is pro-India, and you know it. Is it organized by us? I doubt that; I think it was more of a collaboration between pro-India factions in the army and RAW & CIA combine. And there are two targets for RAW and CIA here: Religious fundamentalists (Bangladesh has a large and growing Muslim population, and the country is not "rich") and China (breaking of India's encirclement by China).

Plus the military is acting smart; they are not slaughtering the right (which will cause a backlash), they are cornering it and slicing it bit by bit. This indicates that somebody is using brains...

Kasrkin:
Firstly, the definitions of "left" and "right" differ from scdenario to scenario. In Bangladesh, the left means "Bengali first" and the right means "Muslim first." You can do the rest of the Math.

Also, try to not look at it as a zero sum game. Being pro-India does not mean that the current set-up will wage war on Pakistan. It means that you can no longer expect to be comfortably able to poke us in our North-East; it also means the dragon is kept at bay from the Bay of Bengal.

The current intervention is pro-India, and you know it. Is it organized by us? I doubt that; I think it was more of a collaboration between pro-India factions in the army and RAW & CIA combine. And there are two targets for RAW and CIA here: Religious fundamentalists (Bangladesh has a large and growing Muslim population, and the country is not "rich") and China (breaking of India's encirclement by China).

Plus the military is acting smart; they are not slaughtering the right (which will cause a backlash), they are cornering it and slicing it bit by bit. This indicates that somebody is using brains...

That is quite an admission. I wish more people in Bangladesh could read that. But with all the other pro-Indian interventions in Bangladesh it is bound to fail. That the rightists have not lashed out also indicates the use of brains.

That is quite an admission. I wish more people in Bangladesh could read that. But with all the other pro-Indian interventions in Bangladesh it is bound to fail. That the rightists have not lashed out also indicates the use of brains.

Honestly, the right is cornered. They are not capable of acting now. Plus, how many pro-Indian interventions have you seen? This is the first one that really matters. Also, why did you think we intervene? Because Bangladesh was going to the dogs (ie, toward religious fundamentalism)... aka Sharia...

BTW, we are not the only ones with a finger in the pie.

Plus, how many pro-Indian interventions have you seen?

Actually I can mention two. The first occurred in the early 80's with pro-Indian Gen. Khaled Musharraf but he was killed with his whole group and again in 1996 under Gen. Nasim and Gen. Ibrahim who were backed by RAW but were stopped in their tracks by Gen. Matin and Gen. Imamuzzman. This would be the third attempt and there is no reason that this should succeed either.

Actually I can mention two. The first occurred in the early 80's with pro-Indian Gen. Khaled Musharraf but he was killed with his whole group and again in 1996 under Gen. Nasim and Gen. Ibrahim who were backed by RAW but were stopped in their tracks by Gen. Matin and Gen. Imamuzzman. This would be the third attempt and there is no reason that this should succeed either.

LOL Munshi...

General Khaled Musharraf’s coup was in 1975 and not 1986. He attempted the coup against Zia so as to re-install the late Sheikh’s rightful writ by bringing to power the Awami League. Remember Zia’s abetting of the Shiekh’s assassination? We did back this, but not to the extent that you are implying. There were around two dozen coup attempts in Bangladesh against Zia… most of these were by former freedom fighters; we backed many of these, but again not to the extent that you are implying.

General Nasim’s was on his way to Dhaka when a negotiated settlement was reached. Nobody stopped him in his tracks. And please stop glorifying General Matin.

The current intervention, though, is the big daddy of them all… plus, what makes you think India alone is organizing this one? Plenty of your countrymen want Bangladesh to be free of the radical right and the anti-India brigade…

Further, I’m almost too certain that you won’t find anything wrong with Zia’s coup, but Khaled Musharraf… well he’s a murderer, simple because he was backed by RAW.

We did back this, but not to the extent that you are implying.

It doesn't matter if India has its little finger in this thing or its entire foot. An intervention is an intervention. There was one other intervention I forgot to mention and that was the assassination of President Ziaur Rahman but the end result didn't turn out as RAW planned.

General Nasim was stopped at one end of a bridge while another General was on the other side. That pretty much stopped him where he was.

There are not enough Bangladeshis on your side to pull this off and RAW is not the only player in BD.

It doesn't matter if India has its little finger in this thing or its entire foot. An intervention is an intervention. There was one other intervention I forgot to mention and that was the assassination of President Ziaur Rahman but the end result didn't turn out as RAW planned.

General Nasim was stopped at one end of a bridge while another General was on the other side. That pretty much stopped him where he was.

There are not enough Bangladeshis on your side to pull this off and RAW is not the only player in BD.

Gee... look at Munshi act all innocent...

Didn't DGI poke us during Ziar's reign in the North East with the active help of the ISI? Did you guys not start soliciting the Chicoms to piss us of? Well honey, payback's a *****, isn't it?

And you completely forget how Ziar ordered the assassination of Mujhib? How convenient... Well I'm glad RAW pulled the trigger on Ziar... he was a scumbag.

General Nasim's coup was "averted" because everybody got what they wanted at the negotiating table. Proof of this is that Nasim "was told to" put in his papers; he wasn't assassinated.

As I told you, the ISI and the Chicoms no longer run the show in Bangladesh... its the RAW/CIA/MI6 combine that does. Wait and watch...

Yeah, the right is going to the dogs...

But you can live in denial...

Gee... look at Munshi act all innocent...

Didn't DGI poke us during Ziar's reign in the North East with the active help of the ISI? Did you guys not start soliciting the Chicoms to piss us of? Well honey, payback's a *****, isn't it?

And you completely forget how Ziar ordered the assassination of Mujhib? How convenient... Well I'm glad RAW pulled the trigger on Ziar... he was a scumbag.

General Nasim's coup was "averted" because everybody got what they wanted at the negotiating table. Proof of this is that Nasim "was told to" put in his papers; he wasn't assassinated.

As I told you, the ISI and the Chicoms no longer run the show in Bangladesh... its the RAW/CIA/MI6 combine that does. Wait and watch...

Yeah, the right is going to the dogs...

But you can live in denial...

If DGFI poked India in the North-East that was because RAW was sponsoring an insurgency in the CHT. That was payback by the DGFI ....... (if they did what you say they did .....)

Again if Zia was behind the assassination of Mujib then what business is that of India. That was also payback for Mujib's alignment with India.

Zia was not a scumbag it was Indira who played dirty and she got what she deserved.

Nasim's coup was averted because he had no place to go .....

RAW, the CIA and MI6 do not work together because that is not how intelligence agencies work. They are all now stabbing each other in the back trying to get dominance in BD.

^^ Vish, I think it is our duty to prevent Bangladesh from going to the dogs. After all its our little baby.

More power to RAW on this small mission while it looks at the bigger issues.

If DGFI poked India in the North-East that was because RAW was sponsoring an insurgency in the CHT. That was payback by the DGFI ....... (if they did what you say they did .....).

Let me get this straight... RAW poked Bangladesh in CHT even though RAW had a major role in creating Bangladesh... nice. You got it wrong... DGIF with the ISI armed the rebels in North East... hence, we wanted Ziar out.

Again if Zia was behind the assassination of Mujib then what business is that of India. That was also payback for Mujib's alignment with India.

Ladies and gentlemen... the cat is out of the bag. This guy hates his country's founder simply because he (his country's founder) was pro-India. Man, Munshi you jealous of India, na?

Zia was not a scumbag it was Indira who played dirty and she got what she deserved.

Ziar was a traitor, and in my dictionary, it does not get any lower than that. Indira was one psycho, but she did abett the creation of Bangladesh. Perhaps this is what pisses you off... the fact that your country was created...

Nasim's coup was averted because he had no place to go .....

Live in denial Munshi... and glofiry a man as corrupt as General Matin... What can I say?

RAW, the CIA and MI6 do not work together because that is not how intelligence agencies work. They are all now stabbing each other in the back trying to get dominance in BD.

Heard of the Friday Club?

^^ Vish, I think it is our duty to prevent Bangladesh from going to the dogs. After all its our little baby.

I second that. We can't leave Bangladesh in the hands of the likes of Munshi (the man is thankless enough to de-recognize his country's founder)...

Beleive me dude, RAW has a lot to its credit. Also, Bangladesh ain't going nowhere except for under India's sphere.

Care to clarify who you referred to as a dog?

This is not the kind of language we tolerate here at Defence.pk. I will report your post to the admins as this beyond the decent norms upheld here.

Care to clarify who you referred to as a dog?

This is not the kind of language we tolerate here at Defence.pk. I will report your post to the admins as this beyond the decent norms upheld here.

Dude... its an expression of the English language... "going to the dogs" means
"from bad to worse"...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom