What's new

Bangladesh woos investors with India-specific SEZs

^^^^^ who is stopping you Dadas. Why don't you leave us alone then. Really pathetic mentality you indians have. You guys are dying to have corridor via our land so much so that you have propped up stooge regime here. Giving you guys corridor is a security risk
for our country. SO stop crapping BS.

@CaPtAiN_pLaNeT ...

Bondhu you Bangladeshi always nicely play your victimization card. We are giving you duty -free access means your goods are getting huge discount and our Indians goods are getting no such preference. I have also one question, you too have huge trade imbalance with Chinese, if they are too providing you duty free access to your goods, then its nice our fault!!! :undecided:

Anyway, there is a trade imbalance because whatever Bangladesh has to offered to India, we already produce them in India and you are importing them because you need them, not our fault. Only dominant thing you have to offer to India is the transit route(but we too have an option through Myanmar), so stop crying and Victimisation card.

We Indians mostly refrain from commenting on poverty of Bangladesh but you paranoid always bring poverty. Remember that India has three times more per capita income than Bangladesh plus you guys have 44% people still living below poverty line. So, keep buying and feeling proud of tauliya-chadar with tag of "Made in Bangladesh".

If you Bangladesh really feeling too much arrogance over transit route then let me make it clear by this map. There are plans for 4 trade corridors with Myanmar with plans to connect it with Thailand and Vietnam and you know the fifth one though Ashuganj won't make much difference for us.

north%20east.JPG

1st of all Bangladesh has less people below poverty line then India which is (31% vs 37%) n quoting day dreaming stuff of 3 times mope per capita gdp of India. This issue has been discussed a lot and debunked couple of time.

The figure which is usually used to represent GDP of Bangladesh is hugely an underestimated one for couple of factor. Bangladesh is still using 1995 base for measuring the economy but since then lots of new industry has emerged and none of these is counted to the GDP. But this year government has planned to upgrade the base year to 2005 which will boost the GDP to a great extant. Majority of the private banks, broadcast stations, business and trading houses, private universities etc are not considered in the counting of GDP. But in Bangladesh now more then 60% of the transactions are done in the private Banks.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangladesh-defence/122151-new-base-year-fy12-gdp-counting2005-06-a.html

In Bangladesh income statement is also faulty. Only 1% of the eligible people provide tax with mostly huge underestimated value. If these figure can be updated this will also hugely boost the gdp. On top of it economic activity in the villages also is not counted in the gdp or economy. But economic activity in the villages is huge as most of the remittance earning goes to villages which is officially 12 billion usd but with hawla it is more.

On top of it, finance ministry recently figured it out that amount of shadow economy which is not counted in the GDP of Bangladesh is around 40-81% which is 50 to 100 billion USD. In all other country it is in between 6-20%.

For more detail see below:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangladesh-defence/117257-magic-figure-shadow-economy.html

So coupling all these 115 billion usd is a hugely underestimated value of GDP of Bangladesh. It is somewhat close or over 200 billion usd if all the effect has been considered.

So there is not much difference between per capita gdp of Bangladesh and India. It may be lagged behind little then some west Indian states but its living condition is much better then all other east Indian states including west Bengal. There is no doubt about that.

---------- Post added at 07:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 AM ----------

N yes regarding transit if India has really lots of other option why it is begging for it for the last 40 years???

CaPtAiN_pLaNeT ....

Told your bullshit about counting GDP to world Bank, not me, every country has a huge private sector.

Poverty Data World Bank 2005
World Development Indicators and Global Development Finance - Google Public Data Explorer

Per Capita Income
World Development Indicators and Global Development Finance - Google Public Data Explorer

So, before talking bullshit do some research.

And regarding transit route Bangladesh, if you guys are feeling humiliated scrap it. I am waiting for the day Khaleda Zia will come back and I want to see her response. I already told you, your transit route do help us but won't dictate your terms on us because Myanmar is offering too much to us. You Bangladesh can negotiate a lot for transit route vs Duty-free access and choice is yours cheap politics and emotions or increased trade relations.

====================
You are really a too much sentimental and hysterical guy.

^^^^^ who is stopping you Dadas. Why don't you leave us alone then. Really pathetic mentality you indians have. You guys are dying to have corridor via our land so much so that you have propped up stooge regime here. Giving you guys corridor is a security risk for our country. SO stop crapping BS.

Jamatis like you are idiots!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

^^^^^ who is stopping you Dadas. Why don't you leave us alone then. Really pathetic mentality you indians have. You guys are dying to have corridor via our land so much so that you have propped up stooge regime here. Giving you guys corridor is a security risk
for our country. SO stop crapping BS.

lol security risk?
Face it, urs is a vassal state..and can be over run any time...don't kid urself, learn to face realties.
India has no Intension of attacking BD and treats it pretty much like another State.

BD can capitalize on this and can learn to coexist. dont bring in unnecessary negativity into BD India relationship.
Jamatis love to fling the trash arnd here ,but cant do anything else.

CaPtAiN_pLaNeT ....

Told your bullshit about counting GDP to world Bank, not me, every country has a huge private sector.

Poverty Data World Bank 2005

Per Capita Income

So, before talking bullshit do some research.

And regarding transit route Bangladesh, if you guys are feeling humiliated scrap it. I am waiting for the day Khaleda Zia will come back and I want to see her response. I already told you, your transit route do help us but won't dictate your terms on us because Myanmar is offering too much to us. You Bangladesh can negotiate a lot for transit route vs Duty-free access and choice is yours cheap politics and emotions or increased trade relations.

====================
You are really a too much sentimental and hysterical guy.

Why you want to sleep in the day dream of 2005 not about 2010 or 2011???

I have some recent food for you..

For Bangladesh...

Poverty declines to 31 pct: UN | Bangladesh | bdnews24.com

For India:

It's official: 37 pc live below poverty line - India News - IBNLive

N regarding upgrading of the economic base year to boost GDP it is IMF which is helping Bangladesh...

Go to the following article to have more details:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangladesh-defence/122151-new-base-year-fy12-gdp-counting2005-06-a.html

We have already done lots of research and debate regarding this issue. So, nothing to do more now.

It seems like indians like to do mental masturbate thinking about jamat & BD. They always scream
jamati..jamati and lose sleep over fear of jamat. Truly epic. I never knew jamat is that influential.:lol:

^^ its ok sonny if u feel compartmentalized ...but at least come with cohesive arguments..

How can one masturbate to something one is fearful off.??...:lol:

at least don't advertise tht ur a complete nutter:tup:.

It seems like indians like to do mental masturbate thinking about jamat & BD. They always scream
jamati..jamati and lose sleep over fear of jamat. Truly epic. I never knew jamat is that influential.:lol:

Yes, they influential that's why I have lots of them trying to jump through the fence.

^^^^Why would people risks lives to live in a garbage dump like INDIA. You guys can't even feed 230 million poor & hungry . Poverty in some of your states is worse than the poorest african countries. Stop living in a fairy tail world and try to deal with reality.

Why you want to sleep in the day dream of 2005 not about 2010 or 2011???

I have some recent food for you..

For Bangladesh...

Poverty declines to 31 pct: UN | Bangladesh | bdnews24.com

For India:

It's official: 37 pc live below poverty line - India News - IBNLive

N regarding upgrading of the economic base year to boost GDP it is IMF which is helping Bangladesh...

Go to the following article to have more details:

We have already done lots of research and debate regarding this issue. So, nothing to do more now.

wow!!! Even Bangladeshi got something to boost about. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dear Pal, World Bank report said India had poverty of 27.5% in 2005-2006, how come it increased to 37% :lol: with Majestic economic boom.:lol: World Bank has designation of $1/day. India has that figure of 31% back in 2001. Haven't you heard about World Bank's $1/day poverty system. :partay:

And the 37% figure is for those people getting more government benefits because we have economic boom and we have lots of spare money to trickle down to our lower class, which your country don't have.

^^^^Why would people risks lives to live in a garbage dump like INDIA. You guys can't even feed 230 million poor & hungry . Poverty in some of your states is worse than the poorest african countries. Stop living in a fairy tail world and try to deal with reality.

Because our Garbage dump in our country has more air to breath than chicken-cages in Bangladesh.

Bangladeshi illegal infiltration is a big trouble for India..So, it will be good for both India and BD if India invest in that part of the world and generates the employment their itself so those people dont ve to cross the border...

I am saying it again, BRIGHT and LEGAL migrants are most and always welcome to our country.

wow!!! Even Bangladeshi got something to boost about. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dear Pal, World Bank report said India had poverty of 27.5% in 2005-2006, how come it increased to 37% :lol: with Majestic economic boom.:lol: World Bank has designation of $1/day. India has that figure of 31% back in 2001. Haven't you heard about World Bank's $1/day poverty system. :partay:

And the 37% figure is for those people getting more government benefits because we have economic boom and we have lots of spare money to trickle down to our lower class, which your country don't have.

That figure was faulty. The reduced figure mainly to allot less amount to the ration food for the poor.Thats why Indian government officially adjusted that. But last year due to further protest to the official base line of anyone earning 30 rupee a day is not poor, Indian government is defining a new base line. So it is likely that it will further increase the poverty percentage.

Bangladeshi illegal infiltration is a big trouble for India..So, it will be good for both India and BD if India invest in that part of the world and generates the employment their itself so those people dont ve to cross the border...

I am saying it again, BRIGHT and LEGAL migrants are most and always welcome to our country.

There you go again. Bangladesh has unemployment rate of 5% where as India has 10%. Do not forget Bangladesh is a bottom-up society unlike India which is top-down society.

Due to top down society majority of the economic boom or development goes to the top class and middle class not to the poor. But in Bangladesh all the development is coming from bottom level. So its poverty rate is lower then India.

Do not forget Bangladesh is employing now 3-5 million woman alone in the RMG sector. Micro finance is also playing a big role to bring woman to the workforce. Unlike India where poor womans are unemployed and is suppressed in the society.

N keep your illegal migration story with you.

Back
Top Bottom