What's new

Bangladesh will buy 5 warships from Britain.

It will be new build only.
@UKBengali, please go through the video where FM moment speaks nothing clear. He spoke from both lips not very clear.

So, let us wait for what becomes the final decision of the GoB/ BN. Everyone would love to see the addition of three new frigates made in the UK and then the other two made in BD.

Most perfect!!!

Bangladesh or Pakistan does not lack brains, and I am not comparing the two by the way.

Pakistan is of course ahead defence wise and science wise, but the fact remains if both countries made it easy for scientists to return and had them set up funded research like India did (whether by foreign company FDI or govt. itself) then none of our countries would be research starved as they are now.

Of course when Sanghis cry and boast about patents being produced in India, we all know its BS, because most of it is educational and theoretical garbage with no practical application anywhere.

@jamahir bhai was correct in pointing out that in last twenty years with all the IT Backoffice work and hundreds of Billions earned, India has no native OS they have developed, or even close to it. Nothing to show for so much TAA-LENT.

Indian Govt. has really not done much to help their school education system and even the larger university system. Why do people start leaving India as soon as they finish their MS and PhD education? No opportunity. Indian leaders have failed miserably in this regard and Indians aren't holding them accountable. Ditto in Pakistan and Bangladesh too.

When HP and Microsoft sets up research labs in India, these are proprietary company research produced using cheap Indian Ph.Ds. Otherwise they wouldn't go to India. For what Indian Ph.D.s make in India, they can easily make three times the salary in the West. This is pathetic when one realizes that countries in the subcontinent are the ones who need the researched products the most to help their populations, but the Govts. in our countries have no strategy to retain talent and pay them in well-funded programs at home.

So what we have left at home then - are these low-talent, low quality, low-achiever people with no exposure, who could not make the grade to make it to the West and are just too happy to have a useless govt. job. That is their auqaat fulfilled, eat daal and rice, squeeze out a few puppies and finish life.

I know this is definitely the case in Bangladesh. MSc. degree holders who can't write a clean paragraph of English.
I don’t know about Bangladesh but in Pakistan people got babu mentality. They expect to sit on their bum in their office and just tell people what to do after graduating from Masters and specially PhD program. Gora don’t do that. Gora make sure PhD guy is standing up in the lab working towards a goal making those with MS degrees crunch data until they break sweat.

PhD researchers in west have Real life problems to solve. Babus in Pakistan want govt provided easy desk job, free home, driver, servant easy life.

@UKBengali, please go through the video where FM moment speaks nothing clear. He spoke from both lips not very clear.

So, let us wait for what becomes the final decision of the GoB/ BN. Everyone would love to see the addition of three new frigates made in the UK and then the other two made in BD.

Most perfect!!!

To be honest this is not "most perfect".

Everyone was expecting all 6 frigates to be built in BD and to have only 2 now out of a total of 5 being built in BD is a massive disappointment.

I suspect that the reasons are rather less than a straight price:performance ratio and strategic calculation but more to do with the UK's substantial leverage with BD in terms of imports, BD disapora in UK, visa permits etc. that is the real reason for this decision. Brexit UK is pushing hard to tout for business wherever it is able to.

Turkey was the best choice to partner up with in order to procure the next-gen frigate programme and BD has just allowed itself less freedom of action as per it's naval doctrine by going with UK. Turkish frigates could have been used freely against both Myanmar and India.

Last edited:
UK did not have frigates sir its means BD will buy some light ships like patrol crafts ?
OFfshore patrol vessels with minesweeping capability most probably
So this is where the 5 "indigenous" frigate plan is going??

I hope no one will claim that BD is buying Type 26s.
Says the people who bought a rusty helicopter carrier for landing fighter jets on 😂

Last edited:
@Michael Corleone bhai didn't we buy a networked war-fighting suite from some company. I am sure we will have the same or better version added to the new frigates.

At this time we aren't even sure these frigate will be added, could be fake news. LOL

Nice day-dreaming though.:lol:
Thales deal with navy ECM in bd
Idk why people are thinking this is the frigate project. Navy had 6 frigate and 5 OPV requirements. Now wonder which is which 🤔
To be honest this is not "most perfect".

Everyone was expecting all 6 frigates to be built in BD and to have only 2 now out of a total of 5 being built in BD is a massive disappointment.

I suspect that the reasons are rather less than a straight price:performance ratio and strategic calculation but more to do with the UK's substantial leverage with BD in terms of imports, BD disapora in UK, visa permits etc. that is the real reason for this decision. Brexit UK is pushing hard to tout for business wherever it is able to.

Turkey was the best choice to partner up with in order to procure the next-gen frigate programme and BD has just allowed itself less freedom of action as per it's naval doctrine by going with UK. Turkish frigates could have been used freely against both Myanmar and India.
Even with the Chinese deal, we were to only build 4 locally and 2 in China.
this is not the frigate deal imho

There is no harm in obtaining Type-23's as stop gaps if they come cheap.

they got the sea ceptor so that's a technological leap for BN.

1636285796351.png

You usually buy rusty Chinese frigates based on soviet designs of the 1960s. Cope.
Rusty he says. How ironic 😂
Indian navy crashing into Pakistani ships while navigating is what’s “rusty”
I dont think we can afford British Frigates. Most probable purchase is OPV...
If you can’t afford British built frigates, what makes you think British built OPV will be great value for your money?

has india approved this purchase?
i am surprised Bangladesh has to buy these ships against Burma.
does India have bad relations woth Burma?

India is nobody to approve or disapprove..... We have good relations with both Burma and BD..... I am just guessing this is against Burma as they have some maritime disputes with Burma and they need some deterrence against ever growing Burma military power.....

Rusty he says. How ironic 😂
Indian navy crashing into Pakistani ships while navigating is what’s “rusty”

What? Doesn't even make sense.

Stop derailing your own thread you fool. I don't have time to waste on you.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom