What's new

Bangladesh will buy 5 warships from Britain.

What? Doesn't even make sense.

Stop derailing your own thread you fool. I don't have time to waste on you.
Your big brain can’t comprehend play on words? I don’t blame you so let me tell you like you’re 5
Your navy’s ships aren’t the only thing rusty about it. Lol

as for derailing, your pig head only contributes to negativity towards Bangladesh, don’t expect me to stop until you do.

Ok, so I guess it will be the Type-31 in this case bearing in mind the Type-26 frigate comes in at over 1 billion US dollars each.

If there is not the extended range version of sea-captor sam available (40km range) then this would be a disaster with only the standard 25km range SAM installed.

Would really have preferred the Turkish option but let us wait and see what the actual specs are as they may be better than the UK version.

to be fair, baseline seaceptor is likely to perform better at shorter ranges than CAMM-ER.

Aside from that, theres always the option of equipping them with LR sams akin to ASTER/SM as the physical space is present.
You are correct, I meant Type 23 (Duke Class). HMS Kent, that visited Chittagong, is one of them.

There is no harm in obtaining Type-23's as stop gaps if they come cheap.

Yes, ideally we wouldn't want more junk but the reality is we are not commissioning new builds any time soon. Might as well use the time to get accustomed to advanced naval tech.

TBH Type 23's actually are reasonably capable-looking ships, like, they carry a fair amount of SAM's, modern electronics and also sensors.

Why kick India out of BOB????
Otherwise India will put hostile naval blockade on Bangladesh.

So it's better Bangladesh remain ally of China , and with the help of Chinese allies encircled India, so that India can't rule the bay of Bengal and impose naval blockade on Bangladesh!

Your big brain can’t comprehend play on words? I don’t blame you so let me tell you like you’re 5
Your navy’s ships aren’t the only thing rusty about it. Lol

as for derailing, your pig head only contributes to negativity towards Bangladesh, don’t expect me to stop until you do.

So you are going to keep crying everywhere till I sing praises about Shonar Bangla?? :rofl:

We all know where this thread is going kiddo. It's going to end up like one of those MRCA discussion pages. Maybe ask your rusty fishing fleet commanders to make up their minds & order a frigate ffs.

So you are going to keep crying everywhere till I sing praises about Shonar Bangla?? :rofl:

We all know where this thread is going kiddo. It's going to end up like one of those MRCA discussion pages. Maybe ask your rusty fishing fleet commanders to make up their minds & order a frigate ffs.
Nah I just want to to remain into your garbage forum subsection. You’re not welcome here but your shamelessness has no bounds

How silly you are!!
not silly at all. RN wants to get rid of them and BN needs to replace some old ships. Win-win for both. There is no confirmation though.

1636321270329.png

The 6 frigates will be brand new maybe some Turkish or European design.

Last edited:
Stopgap with F 23 Frigates? How silly you are!!
Explain. What is the alternative to stop gaps for maintaining/increasing frigate numbers in the short term?
If RN gives us frigates as advanced as MLU'd Type-23's for cheap why should we refuse?

Last edited:
India is nobody to approve or disapprove..... We have good relations with both Burma and BD..... I am just guessing this is against Burma as they have some maritime disputes with Burma and they need some deterrence against ever growing Burma military power.....
you are being too humble. India does jave influence in this region and only china and Pakistan are out of Indian clout.

but still It is very strange indeed.
I was guessing it was part of anti china buildup but apparently BD has suzeable chinese investment.

Where is this list from?
The most trusted defence site on the continent. DEFSECA.com

jokes aside, i'm sure BN needs to replace some ships. And those Type-23s are starting to look very good when you think about them.
the recent HMS Kent visit probably might have had a different agenda than what was officially said.

''oi mate , wanna buy some used cars ?'' kinda thing

we are not at the ''debating ferrari prices'' stage yet @Avicenna

Last edited:
This is a list of requirements from Bangladesh Navy. All points are well known among Navy staff. Defseca just repeated the points.
Yes, I am aware of the requirements but never seen them published like that which is why I asked for the source.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom