What's new

Bangladesh will be the nuclear country?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hahahaha im starting to like u buddy...so what u mean is "u need nuclear power because india is going war with china and u.s is not going to help it????" whats india have anything to do with ur nuclear energy???nuclear power and nuclear arms are to different things..

We will use it for peaceful purpose. We got Energy crisis and we will face complete blackout if we don't have nuclear Energy. We can't afford to buy that much overwhelming energy for our industrialization. Thanks to Malaysia and Arab states,we are growing real good. Bangladesh did look for purchasing Energy from China and India in 2010. But it was utter failure as it was unrealistic! China proposed to build Nuclear facilities in Bangladesh. Bangladesh is yet thinking of it. Bangladesh is playing the waiting game cause within 2016, US will lose significant influence in this region and China will gain. China already got it's stronger navy existence in Indian Ocean. It will grow further. So why to stay back!

So China is going to step in an provide an uranium enrichment facility in a country without any uranium, or a nuclear reactor and with no land border to start an 'energy farm'?

We have uranium mine...
And we are currently working with Russia.

Yup, it's yet another fable, only difference it doesn't belong to Aesop. Besides it's about Japan, possibility may not be ruled out completely. They are master at techs, their history is full of surprises.. Still ambiguous!

Russia is about to help us building nuclear reactors, they are ready for TOT so obtaining uranium for nukes is not an issue, actual issue is the delivery system but that can be dealt as it can be acquired from another country if necessary, whilst we can continue our research an an ingenious delivery system .

Now you my friend deal with the bolded part, can you?

We don't know various percentages of the uranium, don't know missiles capable of carrying nuclear warhead are not sold, but still we argue!

Dude, i'm a nanotechnologist and i do know couple of people working in Nuclear Engineering, heck there was two in my hostel. The time taken for per unit percentage of purification keeps on increasing with increasing purification. One can generate electricity out of a reactor with >40% enrichment, but for a nuclear bomb, it has to be >95%.

See the difference.

And naturally occurring Uranium Ore has concentration of Uranium in single digit percentage. Now calculate the level of enrichment they need to do before getting anywhere near the bomb.

Guys, I have to admit something...

I never expected this thread to be so looonnggg :cheesy:

Bangladesh had a nuclear reactor did it? I'd like to read about it.

Yes since 1962. The site is left as test ground for all those years which are now turning into a 2000 MW plant.

This is the most hilarious thread along with RAW thread of MBI Munshi

Yup, it's yet another fable, only difference it doesn't belong to Aesop. Besides it's about Japan, possibility may not be ruled out completely. They are master at techs, their history is full of surprises.. Still ambiguous!

Russia is about to help us building nuclear reactors, they are ready for TOT so obtaining uranium for nukes is not an issue, actual issue is the delivery system but that can be dealt as it can be acquired from another country if necessary, whilst we can continue our research an an indigenous delivery system .

Now you my friend deal with the bolded part, can you?

We don't know various percentages of the uranium, don't know missiles capable of carrying nuclear warhead are not sold, but still we argue!

As far as the green stuff is concerned, it is the Russians who will be supplying that.

Here is an early report from BBC:
Russia will provide technical support for building the two generators - at Rooppur in Pabna district, 120km (75 miles) north of the capital, Dhaka.

Russia will help to provide legal and staffing support.

Russian officials say that Moscow will supply funding for the plants in addition to providing fuel. Russia will also take back depleted fuel rods for safe storage.

The plants will implement new safety features following the nuclear accident in Fukushima in Japan, they say.
Source: BBC News - Bangladesh agrees nuclear power deal with Russia

It's kind of like your prepaid cellphone service.

It appears folks here are confused between a civilian nuclear project, and a military one :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom