What's new

Bangladesh wants Bangla as an official UN language: Sheikh Hasina

I can tell you from personal experience that foreigners find it very hard to learn Bangla because it's pronouncing is very hard. It's not a user friendly language. The new generations Bangladeshis living aboard abandoning Bangla over English or other language because Bangla is useless in foreign land. Urud is more useful than Bangla in west.

Bangla has become orphan language in Bangladesh. Try to find a job with knowing Bangla only.

I beg to differ that part, most of the people who tried taking bangla said that the language is very flowy. I think its hindi not urdu, and they mainly spread cause of bollywood. They are abandoning their language cause they are assimilating into that society. It happened with Swedish, german, irish people who moved to america

Trying to find a job with one language is very hard, not just bangla, In china english is a must together with mandarin, In canada french and english. In singapore, the government encourages the learning of Chinese, malay and tamil together with english

why not punjabi be made un language. its impact on south asian languages is enormous. even hindi is getting more and more punjabicised each passing day. bollywood songs are half punjabi and half hindi and some are totally in punjabi. even in canada i have seen banks and street signs n signs at airports in punjabi.

why not punjabi be made un language. its impact on south asian languages is enormous. even hindi is getting more and more punjabicised each passing day. bollywood songs are half punjabi and half hindi and some are totally in punjabi. even in canada i have seen banks and street signs n signs at airports in punjabi.

Maybe for hindi or urdu, but for bengali, gujrati, marwari, maratha, tamil, kannada, etc, i dont think punjabi did not affect them.

Furthermore, bollywood is not the representation of india. Yes in canada, punjabis have a strong population there, thus its used there. The main thing about punjabi is that its wide spread, but the population is not big, for bengali its the opposite

Who cares about UN in the first place!!!???? Hasina just wanted to score some favouritism. But I am not against Bangla being more known around the world. By the way guys did you hear that bangla is an official language of a western african country now? Yes it is. I just forgot the name of the country.

Who cares about UN in the first place!!!???? Hasina just wanted to score some favouritism. But I am not against Bangla being more known around the world. By the way guys did you hear that bangla is an official language of a western african country now? Yes it is. I just forgot the name of the country.

It was way back in 2003, the country is sierra leone. They did it to honor the Bd peacekeepers

lol, in Sierra Leon its not only a official language on paper, people also use Bangla excessively! Recently after visiting ivory coast, Anisul wrote that many of them also speak Bengali...... Thanks to Peacekeepers and their love to mother tongue...

I beg to differ that part, most of the people who tried taking bangla said that the language is very flowy. I think its hindi not urdu, and they mainly spread cause of bollywood. They are abandoning their language cause they are assimilating into that society. It happened with Swedish, german, irish people who moved to america

Trying to find a job with one language is very hard, not just bangla, In china english is a must together with mandarin, In canada french and english. In singapore, the government encourages the learning of Chinese, malay and tamil together with english

Well, Americans were under the British once. Now, Spanish is very common in the US.

I wouldn't say that Bangla is highly adopted in the global stage.

According to futurologists, English, Spanish and Mandarin are going to be the most common languages in the distant future ahead.

Spanish is pretty common in the Americas, but not necessarily on the global stage. I'd agree that the UN is a 'slave' of the West to some extent.

Mandarin is not uncommon in many parts of Asia, especially where there are large and influential Chinese communities.

I do not see Bangla much chance of making it to the world stage or something. Hell, even in Kolkata, people speak Hindi more commonly. But they do know Bangla at the same time. They are Indian first, then Bengali.

I am not saying that Bangla is going to die out, but It'd make people more bilingual in respect to their societies.

And as far as the topic goes, Hasina vomiting as usual :lol: No one on the global stage give a damn about her. That woman has been living in a bubble for the past 40+ years. Literally.

Good move by BD government. India should support Bangla as an official UN language. What is the GOI doing for Hindi btw? There are nearly double the number of Hindi speakers as compared to French. French makes no sense at all, just a meager 200 million speak French.

Good move by BD government. India should support Bangle as an official UN language. What is the GOI doing for Hindi btw? There are nearly double the number of Hindi speakers as compared to French. French makes no sense at all, just a meager 200 million speak French.

Well i think it will be very hard for indian fovernment to support hindi without angering the south indians. But yeah hindi does have a strong foothold around the world

she drink also ?:confused: i am not joking its serious qes is she drink wine or any other drugs? 57 Muslim countries waste 15 years to bring Arabic as UN language .
She is a qadiani.

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 AM ----------

ju hum se bicharta he
sada tarapta he:agree:

Good move by BD government. India should support Bangla as an official UN language. What is the GOI doing for Hindi btw? There are nearly double the number of Hindi speakers as compared to French. French makes no sense at all, just a meager 200 million speak French.
Nothing but gimmick. I am more open to Mamta's paint-kolkata-blue idea.

And nobody is going to start learning bangla because it is official UN language, people who want to study bangla as language will do so anyway.

And the arabic dude who says bangla is difficult to learn, well may be for him, but most north Indians can learn it within 3 months(people from eastern states can understand it within a month)

by volume of the no. of speakers......too little to be a world language
by literary value (punjabi).......lol lol n again lol
by volume of the speakers.......definitely

no offence to anybody....chill

Back
Top Bottom