What's new

Bangladesh Vs India World Cup 2019, Birmingham

Errr...I have interactions with English, Indians and other nationalities etc. In fact just today I was discussing world cup with my English CFO.

Warm up match against Afghanistan? The world cup match against West Indies? The world cup match against India? Furthermore, barely winning the Afghani game?

Anyways, let's leave it at that and wait for the game with Bangladesh. Doodh ka doodh aur paani ka paani.
Just look at one day ranking of Pakistan and you were expecting them to win all matches in world cup . Afghanistan is not weak team and gave tough time to even India and they have world class spinners if you look at ranking of their players and they would be threat on slow turning pitches for any team who has to play 35 overs of spins

I was only disappointed with one match against Windies because they were low rank team and match was really one side . Pakistani defeated high rank team NZ/England/South Africa but you are just looking at defeat against India and Australia.

It is far from decent performance, considering the fact the amount of money we spend on cricket as well as the legacy we had.

No reason to whine for now, fair enough. Tell me where do you draw the red line when it comes to our cricket?

Fine

You can whine

Just look at one day ranking of Pakistan and you were expecting them to win all matches in world cup . Afghanistan is not weak team and gave tough time to even India and they have world class spinners if you look at ranking of their players and they would be threat on slow turning pitches for any team who has to play 35 overs of spins

I was only disappointed with one match against Windies because they were low rank team and match was really one side . Pakistani defeated high rank team NZ/England/South Africa but you are just looking at defeat against India and Australia.

The NRR is still in negative, despite having a couple of matches against West Indies and Afghanistan. As I said, time will tell how further down Pak cricket will fall...or rise. Let us wait for the Bangladesh game.

Yes, pretty much. Are you?

Allow me to educate you.

Fact of the matter is that there is no more Pakistan versus India rivalry in cricket. Indian cricket team is FAR SUPERIOR to their Pakistani counterparts in EVERY ASPECT (mentally, physically etc.)

Mental strength: After Pakistan's loss to India the media, past players, fans, every joe was saying horrible things about the team, especially the captain. How did the team respond? They win their next 3/3 games including NZ who were undefeated up to that point.

Physical ability: Batting - Pakistan found the winning combination "late" in the tournament with Babar's excellent 100 under pressure you won't find a single Indian innings like that in the tournament so far. Haris Sohail has been as good as anyone else in the tournament for his role. Bowling - Aamir is among the top 5 wicket takers of the tournament where there are no Indians or Afghanis or Bengalis above him, Shaheen has just found form and has been killing it last 2 games.

Keep in mind management has screwed over some really good players to get to this situation. There are players like Sharjeel Khan, Ahmed Shehzad, Usman Shinwari, Umar Akmal, Junaid Khan sitting out because either the management favors certain players or has let them down.

This world cup has established that Pakistan's new rivals are countries like Afghanistan and Bangladesh. Yes, Afghanistan and Bangladesh. Barely winning from Afghanistan was considered an achievement (and somewhat a face-saving) by many Pakistanis. It's sad to see how far down our cricket has fallen, but alas, that's how things are. I won't be surprised if the Afghans and Bengalis even surpass Pakistan in the next couple of years.

Afghanistan vs. India ended in the last over just like Pakistan vs India did. Bangladesh is yet to play Pakistan and is an aging team whereas Pakistan is a young team.

Lastly, it is extremely pathetic of those Pakistanis who still do all those mental gymnastics, calculations, as well as entertain conspiracy theories as to how they can still make it in to the semis by solely relying on the outcomes of other teams. Shameless and undignified behaviour.

Shameless undignified blah blah blah most of that is called humor try to get some for yourself. Pakistan was also screwed over by rain their game against Sri Lanka was washed out which is 1 point lost considering SL team performance and would be a guarantee top 4 result if they win against Bangladesh with that 1 point. Also rain screwed over NZ vs India the result of which would have left one of those teams still fighting for their spot.

You just have a defeatist mindset and don't really know what you're talking about.

Last edited:
The NRR is still in negative, despite having a couple of matches against West Indies and Afghanistan. As I said, time will tell how further down Pak cricket will fall...or rise. Let us wait for the Bangladesh game.
NRR is still in negative because of heavy defeat against Windies. It was the only really bad performance of Pakistan. Match against Sri lanka got wash out as well

Allow me to educate you.

Fact of the matter is that there is no more Pakistan versus India rivalry in cricket. Indian cricket team is FAR SUPERIOR to their Pakistani counterparts in EVERY ASPECT (mentally, physically etc.)

Mental strength: After Pakistan's loss to India the media, past players, fans, every joe was saying horrible things about the team, especially the captain. How did the team respond? They win their next 3/3 games including NZ who were undefeated up to that point.

Physical ability: Batting wise Pakistan found the winning combination "late" in the tournament with Babar's excellent 100 under pressure you won't find a single Indian innings like that in the tournament so far. Haris Sohail has been as good as anyone else in the tournament for his role. Bowling wise Aamir is among the top 5 wicket takers of the tournament where there are no Indians or Afghanis or Bengalis above him, Shaheen has just found form and has been killing it last 2 games.

This world cup has established that Pakistan's new rivals are countries like Afghanistan and Bangladesh. Yes, Afghanistan and Bangladesh. Barely winning from Afghanistan was considered an achievement (and somewhat a face-saving) by many Pakistanis. It's sad to see how far down our cricket has fallen, but alas, that's how things are. I won't be surprised if the Afghans and Bengalis even surpass Pakistan in the next couple of years.

Afghanistan vs. India ended in the last over just like Pakistan vs India did. Bangladesh is yet to play Pakistan and is an aging team whereas Pakistan is a young team.

Lastly, it is extremely pathetic of those Pakistanis who still do all those mental gymnastics, calculations, as well as entertain conspiracy theories as to how they can still make it in to the semis by solely relying on the outcomes of other teams. Shameless and undignified behaviour.

Shameless undignified blah blah blah most of that is called humor try to get some for yourself. Pakistan was also screwed over by rain their game against Sri Lanka was washed out which is 1 point lost considering SL team performance and would be a guarantee top 4 result if they win against Bangladesh with that 1 point.

You just have a defeatist mindset and don't really know what you're talking about.

Far from an education, just a bunch of feel good hogwash to be honest. Wasn't Pakistani team in England for a while before the world cup even began? How come they missed out on such a significant advantage of getting used to the English conditions? We all saw their performance in their series against the English and then how proceeded to get r@ped by the West Indies, thus permanently dooming our NRR.

Far from an education, just a bunch of feel good hogwash to be honest. Wasn't Pakistani team in England for a while before the world cup even began? How come they missed out on such a significant advantage of getting used to the English conditions? We all saw their performance in their series against the English and then how proceeded to get r@ped by the West Indies, thus permanently dooming our NRR.

Another statement that shows your lack of understanding. The team that played against England was without Aamir, Shadab, Wahab. Shaheen was out of form, there was experimenting with batting/bowling before world cup. True that doesn't excuse the poor performance during the series but when the match came in the world cup England was the loser. Ask anyone about the pitch Pakistan faced WI on they will tell you it is sh!t standard pitch for WC and there has not been a single pitch like that since in the tournament.

Another statement that shows your lack of understanding. The team that played against England was without Aamir, Shadab, Wahab. Shaheen was out of form, there was experimenting with batting/bowling before world cup. True that doesn't excuse the poor performance during the series but when the match came in the world cup England was the loser. Ask anyone about the pitch Pakistan faced WI on they will tell you it is sh!t standard pitch for WC and there has not been a single pitch like that since in the tournament.

So it was the fault of the pitch? The pitch was anti-Pakistan and pro-West Indies? What happened in the game against India?

Are these statistics anti-Pakistan as well? (Just saw these stats in another thread)

upload_2019-7-2_14-1-6-png.567813

Actually Pakistan is sitting at NO 6( 96 points) on one day ranking just above Bangldesh, sri Lanka, West Indies. They should have not lost to Windies( 76 points) but they have beaten NO 1 rank team Engalnd( 123 points), No 4 New Zeeland(113 points) and No 5 South Africa( 109 points)

so if they win against Bangldesh then it would not be bad performance overall considering the present form and ranking

It would be naïve to think that No 6 team will beat all top 5 teams

So it was the fault of the pitch? The pitch was anti-Pakistan and pro-West Indies? What happened in the game against India?

Are these statistics anti-Pakistan as well? (Just saw these stats in another thread)

yet Bangldesh is still behind Pakistan on table

Yes it was. The game against India was a loss you don't win every game you might as well add Australia to the list. Yes the opening partnership is failure I have mentioned it before whats your point? The opening partnership is a problem I've talked about it before feel free to find those posts on my profile but part of that problem is management openers sitting out of team right now: Ahmed Shehzad, Abid Ali, Sharjeel Khan. None for backup unlike the bowlers which we replaced and are now doing the job. You can't replace them with anyone so you're stuck with what you have.

Back
Top Bottom