What's new

Bangladesh urges Pakistan apology for 1971 ‘crimes’

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iajdani,

Pakistan has accepted responsibility. Once in 1974 and once again recently when Musharraf visited your country. There is a financial implication in this demand and thus Pakistan does not want to be dragged into this affair. Recriminations go both ways and would be an unnecessary and distracting affair.

If you really want an apology then how about a tried and tested method of going the route of Truth and reconciliation tribunals as in South Africa? No legal implications but everyone comes clean and accepts his or her responsibility and we can then all move on. This is the best way to deal with this problem.

In 1974 Bhutto promised to come to Bangladesh and personally apologize to the people of Bangladesh and he will put the officer under trial who were involved in crimes. Hamodur Rahman inquiry comission were formed who never asked any question to any Bangladeshis never visited Bangladesh to see the real figures and dead. In one single line he mentioned he did not get the name of 160 officer who Bangladesh accused of war crimes. Whatever report it was, Pakistan never even implemented it even never publish it for 30 years.
Is this called Justice and Apology???

There is no financial implication. Where did you get that? Did Bangladesh ever demanded any compensation??? This is new to me.

All those question of War Crime Tribunal and others are burning question as Pakistan never accepted the truth and the facts and figures in 1971. They never admitted it to the people of Pakistan or to the people of Bangladesh. The civilians who lost their life for no crime whatsoever, the 10 million people became refugee, the 250000 women got raped, none of them accepted by Pakistan. Regretting for any crime in 1971 is not enough but accepting the facts and feeling sorry about it will remove the pain associated with it.
I dont accept any wrongdoing yet feeling regret does not make sense to anybody atleast to Bangladeshis.

"I dont accept any wrongdoing yet feeling regret does not make sense to anybody atleast to Bangladeshis"

plzzz... don't be so strict. Fourteen hundred years ago some Muslims killed IMAM HUSSAIN .... do u still blame them....??????? the ppl who killed had accepted there wrong doing.
I agree that pakistan should go a step ahead as ask forgiveness ... i have mentioned one method in my previous post
But plz.. just feel it, asking for the forgiveness and proving it with ur actions makes "at least some sense". plz.. feel this sense.

Also yes PAK should accept all the figures that u have given but after making an independent commission consisting from the people from both sides.. and then they should come up with the report like Hamood-ur-Rehman commission report. And PAK should accept and own all atrocities.
At the End i should tell u another thing publishing of Hamood-ur-Rehamn commission report is one way of accepting the atrocities committed in 1971. If u read it, u will know that the most of the things bangladeshis say are already written in that

Thanks

I am a pakistani and i am ashamed of my Govt. behavior.
Also please do not consider the thoughts of morons like nick "imran khan" as the opinion of the majority of pakistanis.

The majority of pakistanis are ashmed and suked up from the behavior of black sheeps like "imran Khan" --- i am sure Cricket Legend and now the most Patriotic Politician Imran Khan would be cursing him after observing his behavior.

And let me tell u
"An Apology is not enough" --- Bangladesh asked for very little

Actually The parliament of PAK(National Assembly & Senate), Army Chief with all core-commanders of Pak Army, Naval Chief and PAF chief should gather on constitution avenue in Islamabad, hold each others hand to make Human Chain and sit on there knees for at least a minute.
So, not only begladeshi should see that how a dignified nation accept all the wrong doing that they committed for good or bad reason but also world should see this.
Then PM/President of PAK should give a formal speech with some contents like that
"Let bygones be bygones" --- We own the atrocities committed by the rulers of PAK in 1971, although we all know that, an ordinary PAKistani was not at all informed that what was going on in EAST PAK in 1971 just due to the Govt. controlled media, but still we have to accept the baggage left for us from our ancestors like we own the good things done by our ancestors so bad things has to be owned.

Now i just request bengladeshi people to just consider a confederation (Remember its just a request and If some people in bangladesh get hurt by that then i should say sorry again... )
Also confederation doesn't mean merging of PAK and Bengladesh again rather we should combine our strengths together
PAK has immense defense strength (like JF-17 Planes , Agosta submarines, Al-Khalid Tanks, All range of missiles of PAK, and of course nuclear Umbrella with the option of Platinum or thermo nuclear bomb which is nearing completion ) , and that defense strength should be shared with bangladesh and any attack on bangladesh means attack on PAK and Vice-Versa
Bangladesh should also help us with there experience and progress in the Civil sector like education and health and agriculture and economy ect. etc.

"That is the only way of a proper apology"
Nonsense.Pakistan is not bound by any moral value to apologize.Things went wrong both ways.

In 1974 Bhutto promised to come to Bangladesh and personally apologize to the people of Bangladesh and he will put the officer under trial who were involved in crimes. Hamodur Rahman inquiry comission were formed who never asked any question to any Bangladeshis never visited Bangladesh to see the real figures and dead. In one single line he mentioned he did not get the name of 160 officer who Bangladesh accused of war crimes. Whatever report it was, Pakistan never even implemented it even never publish it for 30 years.
Is this called Justice and Apology???

There is no financial implication. Where did you get that? Did Bangladesh ever demanded any compensation??? This is new to me.

Plz.. search that on google
"Proud Bangladeshi in Pakistan"

"In my humble opinion and still limited purview of the world, I feel that Bangladesh and our hard-earned independence have been vindicated. We have proven to Pakistan, home to our military oppressors and bloodthirsty dictator of 1971, that we have survived and we’ve only gotten better. Now, it’s time to show them just strong we are by sharing some of our strengths with them and helping them out in their struggles."

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. If we now close our doors to Pakistan, we will be shutting out a friend. The people of Pakistan have nothing but respect for Bangladesh. They want to learn. They want to know. But what will be our call? Will we play into the hands of those who have used the sentiments of 1971 to progress their own vested interests or should we promote our inherently peaceful and progressive way of life to a nation that looks up at us with hope and an offer of friendship. Again, at the risk of being labeled, I dare suggest that perhaps, it’s time to call truce and move on. We will never forget 1971, but then taking pride in our history should not be analogous to hating the people of another country, who were also victims of their circumstances and military oppressors.

Do read it... and plzz.. understand the domestic implication of PAK, not only bengladesh we as Pakistanis also suffered a lot due the atrocities committed on us by the AMRY .. today even balochis are saying the same...

So, plzzzzzzzzzzzz..... that is the only thing i can say

Nonsense.Pakistan is not bound by any moral value to apologize.Things went wrong both ways.

Yes but major things went wrong on our side ... not there side plus also the fact that we are bigger brother and bengladesh is and was our younger brother (PLz.. bengladeshis dont feel hurted when i say ourselves ur bigger brother)
So, bigger brother have to take more responsibility. asking for forgiveness for any wrong doing doesn't make u smaller rather it makes us more responsible regarding our future decisions.

And this is my conviction that what ever atrocities happened with us after 1971 .. is just the result of our wrong doings in 1971.. we lost bhutto i believe because of his role in 1971 war.. many say he was not hanged because of this reason but .... i think it was his destiny to be hanged ... the GOD gave him the punishment (u can attach anyreason to that)

Pakistan urges Bangladesh to let bygones be bygones

UNB, Dhaka

Pakistan has urged Bangladesh to let bygones be bygones with regard to atrocities committed by the Pakistani army in 1971.

Foreign Office spokesman Abdul Basit at his weekly briefing yesterday said Bangladesh Foreign Minister Dipu Moni had asked Pakistan to apologize for the war crimes. Quoting the spokesman, the Dawn, a Pak national daily, said Pakistan believes the matter was settled under the April 1974 tripartite agreement between Pakistan, India and Bangladesh in which Pakistan condemned and regretted any atrocities committed.

In 2002, the then President of Pakistan had also regretted any wrongs committed in 1971, the spokesman added.

He said Pakistan gives great importance to good relations with Bangladesh, and it is better for both countries to move forward instead of being frozen in the past.

The New Nation - Internet Edition

Bangladeshis do infact have good will for Pakistan which many Pakistani may not realize. The then prime minister Sheikh Hasina visited Delhi and Islamabad at the time of Kargill war or army mobilisation after Indian parliament attack(cant recall) to defuse the tension. Bangladesh could act as a catalyst for greater integration of south asia. In most of the cases India wants to move ahead without Pakistan whereas BD always keep pressing to keep Pakistan on board. We are yet to sign a FTA with India only because we want comprehensive FTA which should include Pakistan even though we dont have any trade with Pakistan.

If Bangladeshis feel there's still unsettled business from 1971, they should go for JUSTICE first before seeking apologies from others. Apologies mean nothing, justice may give closure. Some of the alleged criminals have ruled Bangladesh, try them first before going all moral on another country.

Bangladeshis do infact have good will for Pakistan which many Pakistani may not realize. The then prime minister Sheikh Hasina visited Delhi and Islamabad at the time of Kargill war or army mobilisation after Indian parliament attack(cant recall) to defuse the tension. Bangladesh could act as a catalyst for greater integration of south asia. In most of the cases India wants to move ahead without Pakistan whereas BD always keep pressing to keep Pakistan on board. We are yet to sign a FTA with India only because we want comprehensive FTA which should include Pakistan even though we dont have any trade with Pakistan.

The reason that Bangladesh keeps Pakistan involved in everything is because we don't want to get squashed by India. At the same time we do everything to offend Pakistan without realizing that it plays into India's hands. A very pathetic type of diplomacy.

The reason that Bangladesh keeps Pakistan involved in everything is because we don't want to get squashed by India. At the same time we do everything to offend Pakistan without realizing that it plays into India's hands. A very pathetic type of diplomacy.

exactly..

india uses its stooges to drive the wage between Bangladesh and Pakistan. Die hard Awami fans with zero self processing capability dance to these indian instigated ploy.

38 years after independence there is no relevance of bogging down relation on the terms of apology. Specially when one was offered just few years back.

BS! There has ben no massacre, just a fairytale. I got complete trust in the soldiers of '71 and if they killed people, it had a reason, they were traitors and supported RAW. Even now Bangladesh is supporting Indian stance though we gifted them so many things.

If Bangladeshis feel there's still unsettled business from 1971, they should go for JUSTICE first before seeking apologies from others. Apologies mean nothing, justice may give closure. Some of the alleged criminals have ruled Bangladesh, try them first before going all moral on another country.

Yes that is the main goal right now. PK soldiers are no more here and they dont live on our face anymore but they left behind their stooges here in our soil which all the time divide our nation and pull us back with medieval prejudices. These people needs to be cleaned up with upmost necessity to protect us from becoming a Taliban state which Pakistan is facing now. If Pakistan did settle those issues in 70's and cleaned up their society they would not have faced the scenario what they are facing now.

BS! There has ben no massacre, just a fairytale. I got complete trust in the soldiers of '71 and if they killed people, it had a reason, they were traitors and supported RAW. Even now Bangladesh is supporting Indian stance though we gifted them so many things.

You make all kind of irrational comments in this forum without any logic and reality. Hope you find peace in your mind and feed us with some constructive posting.

The then prime minister Sheikh Hasina visited Delhi and Islamabad at the time of Kargill war or army mobilisation after Indian parliament attack(cant recall) to defuse the tension.

There is inside story of her visit if some one remember when she meet precedent tarar and she again and again advocate India and repeat many times Mr.president India is big country India is big country.Pakistani president become angry on that meeting and leave her.many Urdu sources post this news.she never come for defuse they tension but scare us from India.

There is inside story of her visit if some one remember when she meet precedent tarar and she again and again advocate India and repeat many times Mr.president India is big country India is big country.Pakistani president become angry on that meeting and leave her.many Urdu sources post this news.she never come for defuse they tension but scare us from India.

Well she did whatever she could. Give some credit to her. After all she is a women and try to avoid violence. Remember BDR carnage.:enjoy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom