What's new

Bangladesh urges Pakistan apology for 1971 ‘crimes’

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saying sorry does not make anybody lesser in any sense but makes somebody bigger.. Pakistan should say sorry which is even the demand of many enlightened Pakistanis. The late Benajir Butto herself admitted the crime committed by the Pakistan including killing and raping on the record. She was very close to say sorry about 1971.
Bygones can only be bygones, once the defaulted party admits the wrongdoing and feel sorry about it.

I dont support Dipu Moni regarding Stranded Pakistanis. They are already given citizenship of Bangladesh. The newer generation dont want to go to Pakistan as they already became Bengalis and mostly forgot Urdu. We dont want any Bangladeshi to be sent to any foreign land anymore. Its a close issue.
Musharraf already gave an apology for the entire 1971 saga. Now to nitpick that apologize for this n that and oh that one thing too... Its an impractical demand on a generation of Pakistanis who had nothing to do with incidents nearly 40 years ago.

Musharraf did the right thing then, but Bangladeshis shouldn't pin hopes on this one, though.

Musharraf already gave an apology for the entire 1971 saga. Now to nitpick that apologize for this n that and oh that one thing too... Its an impractical demand on a generation of Pakistanis who had nothing to do with incidents nearly 40 years ago.

Musharraf did the right thing then, but Bangladeshis shouldn't pin hopes on this one, though.

As far as I know, Musharaff did not apologize for the entire 1971 saga, he only regretted any excesses that may have been committed in the process of defending his country. That is as much as he should say.

Any apology for the saga would be an admission that Pakistan was responsible for it.

My neutral opinion is that Pakistan has nothing to apologize for. It was merely defending its territory from mutiny, and killings that were initiated by the Bangladeshis on Urdu speakers. Excesses were committed by the Pakistanis, as well as the Bangladeshis. One side cannot accept blame, and the other one not. Let them keep their war museums depicting Pakistanis as monsters. It does not matter.

"I wish to express to the Bangladeshi people sincere regrets for the tragic events, which have left deep wounds on both our nations".

"Your brothers and sisters in Pakistan share the pain of the events of 1971"

President Musharraf
Dhaka, 30 July, 2002

if we never apologies for 1971 what BD can do now at this time????????????????? is BD in any case Superior or we must have relations with BD . i will say we have to close our mission in Dhaka and kick them from Islamabad and then they are free for barking as they like.

if we never apologies for 1971 what BD can do now at this time????????????????? is BD in any case Superior or we must have relations with BD . i will say we have to close our mission in Dhaka and kick them from Islamabad and then they are free for barking as they like.

And what will that gain Pakistan ?

are we rise this issue this time.we have nothing any business in internal politics of BD.they have to play with each other if AWAMI LEAGUE blame us or damage our image we have to teach them a lessen .they are really unthankfull last year they get aid of 50.000 tons wheat and much more aid.

Pakistan alone will not solve the problem rather one will become more arrogance. A Neutral and forgiving approach is require to heal the wound and that must come from both side.

I have proposal as a new generation Bangladeshi. I think both parliament(Pakistan+Bangladesh) should pass a symbolic resolution to recognized wrong doing of 1971 that brought shame to the then united Pakistan and Islamic world. A resolution that may bring peace and some kind of justification of unwanted event that took place in as a black history. Not everyone or everything was involved but one let to other brought the destruction that we still not able to recovered thus it's time reconcile for betterment of our people.

A resolution

-Ask forgiveness to almighty Allah for unwanted and shameful event.

Say sorry to the innocent people of Pakistan+Bangladesh:
- for separation of their home land.
- for loss of innocent lives
- for allowing enemy country to intervene in internal matter.
- for making us weak and disarray when we suppose to be strong and prosperous.

Last edited:
we really don't have time for 40 years old cases.today is 2009 and its only BD who until now live in 1971 of there internal politcs.if other side until now think they can insult us after 40 years then go to hell muslim brotherhood.

"I wish to express to the Bangladeshi people sincere regrets for the tragic events, which have left deep wounds on both our nations".

"Your brothers and sisters in Pakistan share the pain of the events of 1971"

President Musharraf
Dhaka, 30 July, 2002

Publishing the Hamadoor Rehman report as he promised would be a start, if nothing else to get Pakistani people to start considering the issue (Even if the report puts the deaths at 26,000 which Bangladesh disputes) .

A resolution condemning the loss of lives without going into specifics might ameliorate the Bangla feelings for now - Pakistan can stick to the 26,000 figure and Bangladeshi's can take whatever figure they believe is right.

Maybe?

Saying sorry does not make anybody lesser in any sense but makes somebody bigger.. Pakistan should say sorry which is even the demand of many enlightened Pakistanis. The late Benajir Butto herself admitted the crime committed by the Pakistan including killing and raping on the record. She was very close to say sorry about 1971.
Bygones can only be bygones, once the defaulted party admits the wrongdoing and feel sorry about it.

Why can't you forgive them if any wronging was done which will make you even bigger but I would like to raise different point here.

Who is going to say sorry behalf of Muktis and their collaborator who raised arm against sovereignty of United Pakistan and also for inviting kaffir enemy to killed our own brothers in the name of so call freedom?

Freedom that should have different meaning in today's Bangladesh when enemy just can walk in and take over without much resistance. We free alright.........

they already became Bengalis and mostly forgot Urdu. We dont want any Bangladeshi to be sent to any foreign land anymore. Its a close issue

How about you lay off your supremacist Bengali agenda and let our Bihari bros just to be Urdu speaking Bangladeshi Muslim. Yeah just Muslim will do the job..................

Last edited:
suddenly from where comes this question of apology...

ONLY THE JUSTIC SHOULD PREVAIL...

Last edited:
I am a pakistani and i am ashamed of my Govt. behavior.
Also please do not consider the thoughts of morons like nick "imran khan" as the opinion of the majority of pakistanis.

The majority of pakistanis are ashmed and suked up from the behavior of black sheeps like "imran Khan" --- i am sure Cricket Legend and now the most Patriotic Politician Imran Khan would be cursing him after observing his behavior.

And let me tell u
"An Apology is not enough" --- Bangladesh asked for very little

Actually The parliament of PAK(National Assembly & Senate), Army Chief with all core-commanders of Pak Army, Naval Chief and PAF chief should gather on constitution avenue in Islamabad, hold each others hand to make Human Chain and sit on there knees for at least a minute.
So, not only begladeshi should see that how a dignified nation accept all the wrong doing that they committed for good or bad reason but also world should see this.
Then PM/President of PAK should give a formal speech with some contents like that
"Let bygones be bygones" --- We own the atrocities committed by the rulers of PAK in 1971, although we all know that, an ordinary PAKistani was not at all informed that what was going on in EAST PAK in 1971 just due to the Govt. controlled media, but still we have to accept the baggage left for us from our ancestors like we own the good things done by our ancestors so bad things has to be owned.

Now i just request bengladeshi people to just consider a confederation (Remember its just a request and If some people in bangladesh get hurt by that then i should say sorry again... )
Also confederation doesn't mean merging of PAK and Bengladesh again rather we should combine our strengths together
PAK has immense defense strength (like JF-17 Planes , Agosta submarines, Al-Khalid Tanks, All range of missiles of PAK, and of course nuclear Umbrella with the option of Platinum or thermo nuclear bomb which is nearing completion ) , and that defense strength should be shared with bangladesh and any attack on bangladesh means attack on PAK and Vice-Versa
Bangladesh should also help us with there experience and progress in the Civil sector like education and health and agriculture and economy ect. etc.

"That is the only way of a proper apology"

All those question of War Crime Tribunal and others are burning question as Pakistan never accepted the truth and the facts and figures in 1971. They never admitted it to the people of Pakistan or to the people of Bangladesh. The civilians who lost their life for no crime whatsoever, the 10 million people became refugee, the 250000 women got raped, none of them accepted by Pakistan. Regretting for any crime in 1971 is not enough but accepting the facts and feeling sorry about it will remove the pain associated with it.
I dont accept any wrongdoing yet feeling regret does not make sense to anybody atleast to Bangladeshis.

Technically I guess this means even Bangladesh did not recognize the atrocities of 1971.
And the least they need for this is an apology from Pakistan.
If Pakistan is uncomfortable about the 3 million figure, they can make one without any figure. If they have the heart, they can do that in many ways.

What Musharaff and others did was to express regret in blanket statements like when they do in Pakistan referring to 'partition of Pakistan' not the atrocities.

The gesture is important for closure. Bangladesh is expecting the minimum in this regard.

That was Musharraf's personal view. He is a good and rational man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom