What's new

Bangladesh to launch its own satellite

Well it will depend on the usage of the satellite. The first one would be a communication satellite, even though the military will be always keeping an eye on these kind of projects. And you know whats next... :D
At the end they will probably end up with Chinese and we get Friendship price from them too..

Though thats the most logical and cost effective solution, but I know many wont take your suggestion positively in this forum ;)

As many will fear that raw may bug their satelite to intercept all their calls and privacy :rofl::rofl::rofl::flame::flame::flame:
We surely will not like any Indian cooperation in launching our satellite. It is only because Indians are small-minded, they will be bullying us forever. If we have to purchase any thing with money, then it should be the best quality that our money can buy.

Last edited:
Ohh you talking about launching.. that we can hire anybody.. ISRO could bid if they wish to... :cheers:

Exactly!!! I was telling that ISRO may launch yours. And I think in this business the bidding happens the other way. The launcher puts its vehicle and anyone who wants their satrlite launched, approach their govt and buy the payload.

People with better knowledge may correct me if I am wrong.

We surely will not like any Indian cooperation in lauching our satellite. It is only because Indians are small-minded, they will be bullying us forever. If we have to purchase any thing with money, then it should be the best quality that our money can buy.

Mr. eastwatch, I have a very high regard for your posts, for your knowledge in history and all, now this is something which does not meet the standard.

Care to explain how India can bully you for launching the satelite? Once the satelite is launched isnt it your control room in your country that controls it? So once the satelite is on its orbit, how it makes any difference.

About quality, ISRO has one of the best success rate now. what sort of quality we are talking now?

Satellites are launched on the basis of weight..
countries/companies charge on the basis of the their rates which are in terms of $ per kg/pund...
Antrix corp...the international satellite arm of ISRO has the cheapest $/kg rate..so should be the most obvious choice for BD as it doubles up as a CBM too...but if BD wants to spend more money...their choice...
Congratulations on designing a satellite...
which is the space research agency in BD?
like we have ISRO...Pak has SUPARCO...

Bangladesh just announced about sattelite launch and indian did not spare a moment to advertise how ISRO is best choice and cheap etc and derailing the thread. If this is how indians want then same favor should be returned.

countries/companies charge on the basis of the their rates which are in terms of $ per kg/pund...
Antrix corp...the international satellite arm of ISRO has the cheapest $/kg rate..so should be the most obvious choice for BD as it doubles up as a CBM too...but if BD wants to spend more money...their choice...

Its called SPARRSO - Space Research and Remote Sensing Organization

But does not look like it has achieved much till now, this is def a good beginning.
List of space agencies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The same link also mentions that Pak also has launching capability, Anyone has any idea about any such launches?

Established in 1980 as an autonomous multisectoral R & D organization of the Govt. of the People's Republic of Bangladesh.

Acts as the centre of excellence and national focal point for the peaceful applications of space science, Remote Sensing and Geographic Information System (GIS) in Bangladesh.

Advises the Government in all matters relating to space technology applications and policy.

Keeps close collaboration with national, regional and international organizations, institutions and agencies.

Disseminates research results, satellite data and information to the relevant public, autonomous and private agencies for their development and policy making activities. Also performs advisory expert services on request.
sparrso

Bangladesh just announced about sattelite launch and indian did not spare a moment to advertise how ISRO is best choice and cheap etc and derailing the thread. If this is how indians want then same favor should be returned.

Oh yeah, this is called marketing. Whenever you see an opportunity, nevere spare a moment to reach that market ( Marketing 101)
Its upto the buyer what they want but reaching there is the first step :)

Bangladesh to launch satellite into space

In a bid to enter space, the government plans to launch a satellite into the space for development of the country’s telecommunications services.

Post and Telecommunications Minister Razi Uddin Ahmed Raju made the announcement at a press conference at the Press Information Department (PID) auditorium on Thursday.

He said the satellite to be installed in the space would be used only for business purpose.

“The Post and Telecommunications Ministry has already negotiated with some counties like Germany, Russia and China for the launch of the maiden satellite of the country,” he told journalists.

Referring to the satellite of India, the minister said China had given technical support to India in launching nine out of its 13 satellites.

“If we get technical supports from those countries, we will be able to launch satellite into space soon,” he added.
Bangladesh to launch satellite into space

Iajdani,isro is the cheapest provider of satellite launch on this goddamn planet if you didn't know!.....many western countries opted for india for that very reason and also for its successfull record.......so going by bd economy i think india would be not bad of a choice.....whats your opinion?.....and yes isro should surely bid for this project,it can also help improve indo-bd relations.

Bharati always in the mood to sell their cheap product. Let us worry about what's best for us. Our economy is our concern thus concentrate on yours. We do not need advice from any bharati to decide our fate. :tdown:

I am also counting on this one. Sooner is better.....:tup:

al-zakir - Bangladesh should do what is in the best interest of Bangladesh. China and Europe have good satellite launch facilities.The EU space agency is used often by India as well.
India will throw it's hat in the mix - consider them as you will consider any other option

Zakir,nor am i the executive salesperson of ISRO nor you the prez of bd......i was just pointing out a few facts.......and dont tell me what suits the west isnt good enough for bd.......countries with not too powerfull economy always consider cheap and safe options,and the options coming out of a rational mind here is china and india.......your stupid comments with no research bout ISRO,makes you sound stupid my friend......do some research my good friend

Back
Top Bottom