What's new

Bangladesh to launch its own satellite

Sri Lanka has invited two top Malaysian companies Maxis Communications Berhad and Telekom Malaysia to invest in the US$150 million maiden satellite project,

Sri Lanka signed a deal with the United Kingdom-based Surrey Satellite Technologies Limited (SSTL) to launch the satellite.

Sri Lankan Government will Launch 2 Satellites, I earlier mention it.

4 Private Telecommunication Companies in Sri Lanka trying to Launch there own Satellites its Private sector investment.

Don’t mix all.

If all happens successfully then Sri Lanka will have 6 Communication Satellites.

2 Satellites will be State Owned.

4 Satellites will be Privately Owned.

thats great that srilanka going to allow private operator to launch their own satellite. Its unthinkable in bd. They even not allowing any vsat anymore. How about in India and Pakistan?

Srilanka is the richest country in this sub continent.. They dont need to keep anybody happy in the expense of their own security... :angry:

Err why are you always so worked up? What has being rich to do with my statement? It doesn't take a rocket science to understand the growing presence of China and India in the region so every country should make their equation keeping that in mind unless they are suffering from false ego as can be witnessed for some countries or countrymen more precisely.

Last edited:
thats great that srilanka going to allow private operator to launch their own satellite. Its unthinkable in bd. They even not allowing any vsat anymore. How about in India and Pakistan?

In India also private companies not allowing to have seperate satellite:cry:

i think BANGLADESHIS HERE hate india..

Welcome to lego land buddy. Here Bangladesh is not a friend of India because Pakistan will not like it... Nothing about Bangladeshi friends in general but a few on this forum.
:cheers:

Listen 1 thing very carefully... no one here or in bangladesh hate ordinary indian people, because it is not part of our culture, tradition and religion to hate any body. But if here bangladeshis or in bangladesh hate anything is the destabilaizing foreign policy of the indian policy makers and indian government.

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

Welcome to lego land buddy. Here Bangladesh is not a friend of India because Pakistan will not like it... Nothing about Bangladeshi friends in general but a few on this forum.
:cheers:

N listen many in bangladesh had to flee here from west bangal as they were muslim and radical hinduls were trying to kill them. My grandfather(mom's father) had to flee along with his 18 cousin brothers to bangladesh. They were in hiding for 18 days in a forest and had to live only by eating leaves of tree. So, do not you think that those who had gone through such horrible experience or their descendants may have some bad feelings about the indians???

Still all the relatives of my grand pa those who are there in india still face lots of discriminations, but on the other hand there is no such treatmants for the hindus in bangladesh.

But I should mention 1 thing 1 of the famous actress of kolkata at that time forgot her time, let my grand pa and his cousins stay in her house for 1 night and told the radical hindus those who were following them to kill, none is here.

Your indian governmant tried to ruin bangladesh in several ways... they always flood bangladesh with their products but never late any product to go to india, made all the dame and stop the flow of water to make bangladesh a desert but during the rainy season open the gates and it flooded bangladesh and cause huge economical loss. This is the same india... whose channels are broadcasted freely in bangladesh but never let any channel to broadcast in kolkata as it is quite evident if it is happened all the kolkata's funny chnnels will be out of business.

Now thank god in recent time bangladeshi channels has made a huge progress. Now very few people watch all the boaring soaps of sas bahu ki ladai (fighting between mother in law and daughter in law). Same is also true for the musics. After openings of the radio channels and improvements of the quality of the musics all the cd and cassates of hindi movies were out from the cars.

Last edited:
but never late any product to go to india,
made all the dame
I assure you mate, the GoI does not make any Dame's. Non what so ever. believe me, we still dont have such a technology. Also , any product if LATE, are your own doing. We cant possibly control WHEN you send them across ... Isnt it?

This is the same india... whose channels are broadcasted freely in bangladesh but never let any channel to broadcast in kolkata as it is quite evident if it is happened all the kolkata's funny chnnels will be out of business.
What is not so evident is your understanding of free media business.
Maybe you can do a research on Google for any Official BAN on BD channels in India (On contrary GoB has banned certain Indian channels citing alien culture invasion!). Yes, viewers can view BD channels provided the cable operators in Calcutta provides it . Check out which all BD channels have office in INDIA and which all Indian channels have offices in BD.

While you are it, for your information, We recently had a Bangladesh Film festival in India ... maybe in April 2010. Some films that were screened: Ontorjatra, Joyjatra, Bachelor, Rupkathar Golpo, Matir Moina, Aha and Ayna.

Cheers.

Now thank god in recent time bangladeshi channels has made a huge progress. Now very few people watch all the boaring soaps of sas bahu ki ladai (fighting between mother in law and daughter in law). Same is also true for the musics. After openings of the radio channels and improvements of the quality of the musics all the cd and cassates of hindi movies were out from the cars.
I really dont know the purpose of this part of your post. Are you ranting against Indian cultural invasion or promoting BD entertainment industry?

AFAIK, Indian Private companies can rent transponders aboard vast network of Govt owned satellite systems, and they are free to run VSAT's. The company I work for is a small setup of 300 retail outlets across rural areas and small towns of India, all connected through VSAT owned by the company.

I assure you mate, the GoI does not make any Dame's. Non what so ever. believe me, we still dont have such a technology. Also , any product if LATE, are your own doing. We cant possibly control WHEN you send them across ... Isnt it?

What is not so evident is your understanding of free media business.
Maybe you can do a research on Google for any Official BAN on BD channels in India (On contrary GoB has banned certain Indian channels citing alien culture invasion!). Yes, viewers can view BD channels provided the cable operators in Calcutta provides it . Check out which all BD channels have office in INDIA and which all Indian channels have offices in BD.

While you are it, for your information, We recently had a Bangladesh Film festival in India ... maybe in April 2010. Some films that were screened: Ontorjatra, Joyjatra, Bachelor, Rupkathar Golpo, Matir Moina, Aha and Ayna.

Cheers.

I really dont know the purpose of this part of your post. Are you ranting against Indian cultural invasion or promoting BD entertainment industry?

You said GoI does not make any dam... then I think Farakka Barrage was made by jini of aladin and Tipaimukh Dam the one that indian government is planning to build is nothing, just a wet dream of indian governmant. All these are a scheme to make bangladesh a desert and deprive bangladesh from its legal share of water.

N regarding products as I said bangladesh always late indian product in but this GoI never let bangladeshi product freely, but impose a high tax on it. As it is quite proven that these products has a great demand in some cities and has a better quality than many other products of same category, so indian government just do not let this product in to save all their low quality product.

Here, regarding bangladeshi channels I said they are not broadcasted in india.... espacially in kolkata... just to save the butt of the lower class kolkata's channel. As if they start broadcasting bangladeshi channel than all the kolkata's channel will be out of business.

This is not about how many bangladeshi channel has office in india or how many flims takes part in the flim festival. It is about broadcasting the channels.

You said some of the indian channels were not broadcasted in bangladesh as cultural invasion. But this is not the case here. This is about quality, standard and competition. I am not in bd for the last 1 or 2 years.

About my last part of my previous post... I was saying that as bd channels were meeting the demand and need of bd peoples. N they were showing less interest on indian channels as in reality all the sas bahu daily soaps has become boaring not only in bangladesh but also in india i believe. Other than reality tv shows there is no demand of indian channels. Same also goes for musics and songs. Now you can think whatever you want.

India imposed 25 Lac rupees fees for downloading every channel per operator when our govt dont charge any money for Indian channel. That is one of the reasons the cable operator cant afford to downlink BD channel.

Off Topic:

Hell, what can I say. Now my dad also fan of one serial - sasural genda ful - who did not like these serials. There is a change in star plus serials. In past they only used to show sadness. Not they show bit happiness. Several days ago I was watching a drama in ARY-Digital, then it seemed to me far more meaningful than Hindi serials.

Off Topic:

Hell, what can I say. Now my dad also fan of one serial - sasural genda ful - who did not like these serials. There is a change in star plus serials. In past they only used to show sadness. Not they show bit happiness. Several days ago I was watching a drama in ARY-Digital, then it seemed to me far more meaningful than Hindi serials.

Lol... I am away from bd for around years. But when i left bd at that time people used to watch all the serial such as sass bhi kabhi bahu thi, kumkum n blah blah blah. But as far as I know people do not watch these shows any more.

But can you tell me what is this sasural genda ful. Is it a serial. If so from its name it seems to me anothe sas bahu ki ladai type serial.

But I did not watch ARY-Digital. So I can not say anything about its quality. But seems to me a pakistani channel.

Anyway thanks for your comments. Cheers

But can you tell me what is this sasural genda ful. Is it a serial. If so from its name it seems to me anothe sas bahu ki ladai type serial.

Sasural genda ful is a hindi serial based on a Indian Punjabi family. If you see that you will find a far difference between previous types of serials. Dialogs are better in there, I mean, there is no problem between Sas ma and bahuo and husband and wife and no sadness only.

Back
Top Bottom