What's new

Bangladesh to China ordered 16 F-7BGI light fighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, i was selected in armed forces medical college, but chose to read in a government medical. Anyway, i will try to join army. I will have to go through ISSB and will be promoted to Major directly. But only problem is all my ex cadet friends discouraged me cause according to them Army medical officers are treated as second class officers inside Army.... If someone wants to lead with dignity then army doctor is not the way!!

Well, confirm it first and then decide. I would say, you should try and get in the army.

Cheers!!!

Best job in the army is to be engineer.

Offtopic:

For all the Pakistani brothers who thinks that Bangladesh does not use any Pakistani made equipment:

This ATGM is made in Pakistan (in collaboration with China):

gallery_1_13_59049.jpg

F-7 Carrying SD-10:

That's a J-8 carrying the PL-12 (export designation SD-10).
J-8F8.jpg

http://www.defence.pk/forums/military-aviation/86736-j-7-j-8-sd-10-a.html

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

The jet doesnt look like a F-7... more pics....also i hope u know tht a F-7 radar cant support of SD-10.

The F-7's nose is too small to support a BVR-capable radar. The MiG-21 Bison's nose however is large enough to support a BVR-capable radar. This is one of the key important differences between the F-7 and the MiG-21.

how would these jets compare to the jets the indians have? do we have a shot?

is it that bad?

At moment, we are no match for them.

But given that we do go for either 4 of the contenders, India would always be a few steps ahead of us.

Matching an effective defensive deterrent against a large and a powerful opponent takes time, money and support. We simply didn't do that on pretty much every field of our country given the difficult beginnings.

I'd focus on Myanmar first. A healthy number of F-16 E/Fs would be a good long term deterrent against a country like Myanmar.

That is, given that they are willing to offer it to us.

i thought our airforce was better than myanmar's

At moment, we are no match for them.

But given that we do go for either 4 of the contenders, India would always be a few steps ahead of us.

Matching an effective defensive deterrent against a large and a powerful opponent takes time, money and support. We simply didn't do that on pretty much every field of our country given the difficult beginnings.

I'd focus on Myanmar first. A healthy number of F-16 E/Fs would be a good long term deterrent against a country like Myanmar.

That is, given that they are willing to offer it to us.

^^They are ahead in Air Defence..

what about the army? can we kick some burmese commy *** in that department?

The Fact is Myanmar that has a smaller economy and cut off by the west yet is stronger then bangladesh, Bangladesh can't even protect it's own citizens getting killed by India. even a democratic Myanmar will be stronger then bangladesh in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom