What's new

Bangladesh to China ordered 16 F-7BGI light fighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
India has bigger fish to fry, we are not the only one in the neighborhood. A decent number ( which I just can't recollect now) is simply enough. However, given BD terrain I would spend money on Air defense, Anti-armor defense including tanks.

We don't want to match India, but don't want to end up as Nepal or Maldives.

The jet doesnt look like a F-7... more pics....also i hope u know tht a F-7 radar cant support of SD-10.

The radar that BD has been offered initially was KLJ-6F which had a detection range of 65KM. However, according to my source an upgraded variant of KLJ-6F (probably KLJ-6FA) is under evaluation which has a range of 75-80KM. If they take it then I would say F-7 radar is capable of firing SD-10 (if BAF choose to procure SD-10). It also has an option to procure PL-11 with a range of 60KM.

That's a J-8 carrying the PL-12 (export designation SD-10).
J-8F8.jpg

http://www.defence.pk/forums/military-aviation/86736-j-7-j-8-sd-10-a.html

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

The F-7's nose is too small to support a BVR-capable radar. The MiG-21 Bison's nose however is large enough to support a BVR-capable radar. This is one of the key important differences between the F-7 and the MiG-21.

F-7 nose is too small to support KLJ-7 radar but is big enough to support KLJ-6F and letter derivatives which are ranging from 65KM to 80KM. BVR means any target over 35KM distance.

what about the army? can we kick some burmese commy *** in that department?

Given the fact that they hire kids in the army, and use civilians as forced labour and human mine-sweepers, have a history of ethnic conflicts and uses vintage weapons. WE KICK A$$ IN THAT DEPARTMENT

Given the fact that they hire kids in the army, and use civilians as forced labour and human mine-sweepers, have a history of ethnic conflicts and uses vintage weapons. WE KICK A$$ IN THAT DEPARTMENT

Shhh...dont say that buddy. Some of the BD members do not like us kicking their a$$!

Cheers!!!

Our defense budget would have been higher if there was a man in charge, women are pointless in politics. Women lack the guts to be in politics especially ours, they end up being bitches, in our cases we are bound to India.

Be advised. You might get into trouble for this kind of words against ruling party leader. They have very good diplomatic relation with your current location (country) if they want to get you down.

Be advised. You might get into trouble for this kind of words against ruling party leader. They have very good diplomatic relation with your current location (country) if they want to get you down.

good job, they should. By that way ill land a very big post when BNP government comes. If i do get in trouble for expressing my freedom of speech, its going to be a very big media frenzy.

Really? How? :rofl:

I'm baffled by the fact that 38 pages worth of discussion but hardly anyone corroborates with the BD'S strategic need, I mean that I'm not trying to degrade anyone but how are we so way off of reality and asking to add more Migs or to buy new SU-30s? In such a small air territory and little budget, why are we advocating for more white elephants? IMO, BD needs STOL/VTOL Aircrafts that could take off of almost anywhere. Since JF-35 is non-gettable then we could ask PAK-CHN to work on changing the landing gear of F-7s for short take off, so it can even work in Manik Mia AVE. And emphasize should be given on eye on sky, land and sea in the forms of AWACS, surveillance aircraft etc. We also need to work on acquiring drones and predators. If PAK-CHN permits then focus on JF-17and FC-20s need to be put as mid and higher ends one but both also need to be customized according to BD's logical need. Finally, all these could be acquired by $1.5 B within 5 yrs.

I'm baffled by the fact that 38 pages worth of discussion but hardly anyone corroborates with the BD'S strategic need, I mean that I'm not trying to degrade anyone but how are we so way off of reality and asking to add more Migs or to buy new SU-30s? In such a small air territory and little budget, why are we advocating for more white elephants? IMO, BD needs STOL/VTOL Aircrafts that could take off of almost anywhere. Since JF-35 is non-gettable then we could ask PAK-CHN to work on changing the landing gear of F-7s for short take off, so it can even work in Manik Mia AVE. And emphasize should be given on eye on sky, land and sea in the forms of AWACS, surveillance aircraft etc. We also need to work on acquiring drones and predators. If PAK-CHN permits then focus on JF-17and FC-20s need to be put as mid and higher ends one but both also need to be customized according to BD's logical need. Finally, all these could be acquired by $1.5 B within 5 yrs.

You are forgetting one fact that although BD has a small territory but within that small territory it has 15+ operational runways with airports. Even after that do you really need VTOL or STOL. I dont think so.

We have small budget, so we need to buy the most advanced aircraft, and equipment available. We do not need 100 JF-17 or FC-20. Rather we need 32-48 4+ or 4++ generation fighter aircraft like the Su-30 or JAS-39. I think we should go for twin engine aircraft for better performance and safety. Three to four multi-role squadron is good enough I think.

We should also maintain one manufacturer for fighter aircraft to cut operational cost. It would be even nicer if we could move into a network based force.

Do you have any idea how much more it will cost to modify f-7 to do STOL. Its not just landing gear my friend, it also need a new engine as F-7 has a one of the fastest landing speed and distance in the world. You probably would also require an arresting hook and mechanism on ground to stop the aircraft and that my friend is epic. With the cost required for that kind of modification, you can buy a full squadron of 2nd hand f-16 or Mig-29 i guess. And what good will it bring converting a stop-gap 3rd gen fighter when BAF considering them for CAS role.

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

Really? How? :rofl:

Thanks for understanding the joke....

mr.major 32 to 48 4th+++ cost 5bn$ and operational cost will be some few hundred millions $ every year . so how can an air force with small budget afford it ? i think current low price low operational cost fighters are best . your thoughts and dreams as patriotic Bangladeshi are well and i respect them but reality is there is no threat and there is no money for spent on fighters . best way is keep good relations with both neighbors and enjoy development rather then thinking abut world top expensive jets its my thoughts abut BD feel free to disagree .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom