What's new

Bangladesh refuses Indian transhipment to Tripura

Hammer-fist

Reaction score
India turns to diplomacy after grain transport row with Bangladesh

By SAURABH SHUKLA
PUBLISHED: 22:13, 3 February 2013 | UPDATED: 22:13, 3 February 2013
Comments (0)

India-Bangladesh diplomatic ties have suffered a setback following the latter's refusal to allow Delhi to use its port for transshipment of 10,000 tons of foodgrain to its north-eastern states.
India's High Commissioner Pankaj Saran has met Bangladeshi foreign minister Dipu Moni seeking urgent permission for the Food Corporation of India to carry foodgrain to the north-eastern regions, particularly Tripura, through Ashuganj in Bangladesh.
The multi-modal transit is the shortest route for cargo through the river route from Kolkata to Agartala. Saran's request, however, met with little success.

India has been pressing Bangladesh to allow transit facilities through its territory
A frustrated Indian envoy sent an SOS to Delhi stating that the response of the Bangladesh foreign minister was "lukewarm".
He said when he reminded her of Bangladesh's commitment to allow transportation of foodgrain on humanitarian grounds, she stonewalled the issue citing a lack of infrastructure and saying India had to settle the issue of transit in totality before using Bangladeshi territory.
Interestingly, this refusal came even as Union home minister Sushil Kumar Shinde made an official visit to Bangladesh to discuss security matters.

Salman Khurshid will raise the issue of food transport during his imminent visit to Bangladesh
The issue will be flagged during the talks between the Indian external affairs minister Salman Khurshid and senior leaders in Bangladesh. The matter is likely to be discussed at top diplomatic levels.
"External affairs minister is going to Bangladesh and the matter will be flagged at the highest level. Bangladesh Prime Minister (Sheikh Hasina) had assured Tripura chief minister (Manik Sarkar) in January 2012 that the issue would be resolved and she will allow the transshipment of foodgrain through Ashuganj. However, despite our repeated requests, this hasn't happened," a source told Mail Today.
Even though the Awami League government is cooperating with India, especially on security issues, its commitment to the Tripura CM, given during Haseena's visit to the state in January 2012, is still pending.
Saran has spoken to Gowher Rizvi, international affairs advisor to the Bangladesh Prime Minister, on the issue. India has been pressing Bangladesh to allow transit and transshipment facilities through its territory to carry cargo to the seven sister states.
Bangladesh is refusing transportation of Indian goods through Ashuganj port, citing lack of necessary infrastructure.
India carried out three trial runs of transshipment facilities through Ashuganj in September, 2012. The facility was suspended in October as the Bangladeshi government decided not to allow it without the development of required infrastructure at the Ashuganj port.

Read more: India turns to diplomacy after grain transport row with Bangladesh | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

India turns to diplomacy after grain transport row with Bangladesh | Mail Online

Can any Bangladeshi nationalist please explain the wider context of this move by the Bangladeshi government?
@eastwatch @iajdani @CaPtAiN_pLaNeT @madx @Moander @asad71

So I guess me, Idune, MSaint, Zakir and a couple of others are not nationalists ...... :lol:

All this is the GOB trying to squeeze money out of the Indians for infrastructure projects and for them to move on the Teesta deal. This is just a lovers spat not a divorce ......

Last edited by a moderator:
So I guess me, Idune, MSaint, Zakir and a couple of others are not nationalists ...... :lol:

All this is the GOB trying to squeeze money out of the Indians for infrastructure projects and for them to move on the Teesta deal. This is just a lovers spat not a divorce ......

Pure and simple election time stunt. When Awami League regime giving away core interest like participating Tipaimukh dam which will destroy eastern part of Bangladesh, this is just farcical move for stunt.

The US is disturbed over Yunus, Aminul's death etc. EU supports war crimes trial, besides this, it is quite unhappy. Add to this now is the row with India. The AL government seems isolated. Russia is now a big backer, but..the country is like an old beauty, it has lost much its charm, and diplomatically a paper tiger in the subcontinent.

1. In the long run India is a geographical reality and I want optimal relations with it just as the countries of western Europe set aside their differences and now trade and are in the EU.

2. However this is dependent on New Delhi administrations treating Bangladesh with respect.

There are a number of bi-lateral issues our two governments must resolve which are:

- BSF border killings.
- Water issues, the Tipumaikh dam is unacceptable.
- Interference in our domestic affairs.

On the other hand the Indians probably feel there are things that we must do as well, and so we have to talk and resolve these issues. The problem is New Delhi decision makers seem to be incredibly arrogant and seem to want to bully Bangladesh and cheat us.

I am curious as to the background for this particular event so would like to ask legitimate mainstream Bangladeshis (e.g. eastwatch, Captain_Planet, Iajdani etc) for their opinions.

Election time stunt I guess. Food Grain Transport should not require a transit. It can be easily done within India. We are giving the BAL a reason to say no so that they look tough :butcher:

See I just told you the whole RAW Plan :P

I am curious as to the background for this particular event so would like to ask legitimate mainstream Bangladeshis (e.g. eastwatch, Captain_Planet, Iajdani etc) for their opinions.

So according to you Idune, MSaint, Zakir and a couple of others are illegitimate unconventional Bangladeshis while you and the Indian lovers eastwatch, Captain_Planet, Iajdani are the voice of the people ..... :rofl:

So according to you Idune, MSaint, Zakir and a couple of others are illegitimate unconventional Bangladeshis while you and the Indian lovers eastwatch, Captain_Planet, Iajdani are the voice of the people ..... :rofl:

Zakir and Msaint don't even use Bangladeshi flag, they are Americans. idune is a paranoid fanatic. And you on other hand want a divorce with a country who has locked us from 3 sides. We can easily conclude that pdf Bangladeshi section is infected with alot of stupidty right here in this thread.

Zakir and Msaint don't even use Bangladeshi flag, they are Americans. idune is a paranoid fanatic. And you on other hand want a divorce with a country who has locked us from 3 sides. We can easily conclude that pdf Bangladeshi section is infected with alot of stupidty right here in this thread.

I probably should have included you as an Indian lover also ..... India may surround us on three sides but we also can potentially lock-in a large portion of their land to the East. If you want to think like a coward and a slave then do so but don't claim to speak from the mainstream as the majority of Bangladeshis have rejected your subservient policies at least on four occasions in the last 40 years ..... People like you need to use undemocratic means to impose your pro-Indian policies upon Bangladesh ...... AND INSHA ALLAH YOUR WEAK AND COWARDLY POLICIES WILL BE SOON REJECTED AGAIN ......

Oh by the way you use a Kuwait flag so even according to your own opinion you are not fully a Bangladeshi ..... That is stupidity right there .... :hitwall:

I probably should have included you as an Indian lover also ..... India may surround us on three sides but we also can potentially lock-in a large portion of their land to the East. If you want to think like a coward and a slave then do so but don't claim to speak from the mainstream as the majority of Bangladeshis have rejected your subservient policies at least on four occasions in the last 40 years ..... People like you need to use undemocratic means to impose your pro-Indian policies upon Bangladesh ...... AND INSHA ALLAH YOUR WEAK AND COWARDLY POLICIES WILL BE SOON REJECTED AGAIN ......

Oh by the way you use a Kuwait flag so even according to your own opinion you are not fully a Bangladeshi ..... That is stupidity right there .... :hitwall:

What is this madness? no one is thinking like a coward or slave, its your insecurities which makes you think you are inferior. No wonder Europe grew so fast whereas idiots in Asia were full of their self proclaimed courage. Where is your courage when your opposition leader cries to US?where is your self respect then? where does your anti slave mentality flee to when you take aid from other countries? your judgement is blinded by your hate for India. Pathetic. No need to derail the thread anymore with your assumptions and conspiracies, if you want to speak about the news then do that or else sod off with your spams.

Do you know that the right flag represents your location and the left one, your own "country". Learn about the topic before arguing.

What is this madness? no one is thinking like a coward or slave, its your insecurities which makes you think you are inferior. No wonder Europe grew so fast whereas idiots in Asia were full of their self proclaimed courage. Where is your courage when your opposition leader cries to US?where is your self respect then? where does your anti slave mentality flee to when you take aids from other countries? your judgement is blinded by your hate for India. Pathetic.

Do you know that the right flag represents your location and the left one, your own "country". Learn about the topic before arguing.

No actually Europe had similar issues and resolved it by standing up to the aggressor. Get your history right before going off on a rant. I also did not support KZ's plea to the US to intervene and I wrote my objections in several places as well as informing sources close to KZ. So again you are wrong. As for courage I wrote the book on Indian aggression and live often under threat while you play tough thousands of miles away while also using a pseudonym. How courageous of you. Like the rest of the Indian lovers here you act tough but are really a wimp who talks big. You are not in Bangladesh so you are not in the same category as those who live here and talk from direct experience. You are actually more Indian than Bangladeshi. Your comment about aid is irrelevant and just another show of stupidity ..... :disagree: My judgement about Indian comes from study not hate. It is more than you have ever done or will ever do in your entire life. Pathetic ..... :woot:

No actually Europe had similar issues and resolved it by standing up to the aggressor. Get your history right before going off on a rant. I also did not support KZ's plea to the US to intervene and I wrote my objections in several places as well as informing sources close to KZ. So again you are wrong. As for courage I wrote the book on Indian aggression and live often under threat while you play tough thousands of miles away while also using a pseudonym. How courageous of you. Like the rest of the Indian lovers here you act tough but are really a wimp who talks big. You are not in Bangladesh so you are not in the same category as those who live here and talk from direct experience. You are actually more Indian than Bangladeshi. Your comment about aid is irrelevant and just another show of stupidity ..... :disagree:

Wait didn't you just say you want divorce with India? Very resolving indeed. If this news isn't standing up against aggressor then what is? Er meh gerd you think you are in one of those Tom Cruise movies don't you? :rofl:
how am i am wimp? care to explain? you are the one behind your screen in your armchair thinking you are batman and joker is trying to kill you and why are you moving away from the topic? I live in Bangladesh, 3 months every year so i know quite alot since i see everything from an unbiased angle. Only in pdf does being sane make you Indian. No my comment in aid shows pretty well how you guys forget the inferiority while taking aid but then again it comes up while solving your differences with India. If you can't counter my arguments, you go off topic and call me slave and coward while you yourself are the Tom Cruise(clown) of pdf who brags about himself in every other thread. No wonder you guys are laughing stock to Indians.

Edit: for the sake of not spamming , i am not replying any of your posts anymore as they reek of stupidity. Although i will be entertaining myself by reading them, you should apply for a circus btw. I would pay to watch it.

Wait didn't you just say you want divorce with India? Very resolving indeed. If this news isn't standing up against aggressor then what is? Er meh gerd you think you are in one of those Tom Cruise movies don't you? :rofl:
how am i am wimp? care to explain? you are the one behind your screen in your armchair thinking you are batman and joker is trying to kill you and why are you moving away from the topic? I live in Bangladesh, 3 months every year so i know quite alot since i see everything from an unbiased angle. Only in pdf does being sane make you Indian. No my comment in aid shows pretty well how you guys forget the inferiority while taking aid but then again it comes up while solving your differences with India. If you can't counter my arguments, you go off topic and call me slave and coward while you yourself are the Tom Cruise(clown) of pdf who brags about himself in every other thread. No wonder you guys are laughing stock to Indians.

Edit: for the sake of not spamming , i am not replying any of your posts anymore as they reek of stupidity. Although i will be entertaining myself by reading them, you should apply for a circus btw. I would pay to watch it.

You re right divorce is not the right word to use in the present context. I do not even believe that India and Bangladesh are married so divorce is not an issue. It is only people like you who would prefer to live like a slave under India that see a marriage where Bangladesh has no independent existence. That kind of logic exemplifies cowardice. Under the AL the relationship with India is actually one of pimp and prostitute with Bangladesh playing the latter role. I do not see divorce as the question. For me the pimp must be killed and only then can Bangladesh obtain real freedom. We were partially successful in 1975 so the job has to be completed for total separation from Indian hegemony.

Living in Bangladesh for 3 months does not make you an expert in anything. There are many who live in Bangladesh their whole lives and still do not know anything and who generally follow the AL and India blindingly. I do not want Indian aid so your comment is nonsensical and irrelevant. If people like me were the laughing stock then the IHC and the AL would not be spending so much time trying to intimidate and silence me .... Its people like you who take no risks that act like Tom Cruise or Brad Pitt but is in real life just a big mouthed wimp .... :wave:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom