What's new

Bangladesh purchases Jiangwei II frigates from China

North Korea and Vietnam are poorer compared to Bangladesh.

Have you checked their navy (or even military for that matter) lately?

If you do check out impressive is not the world one would use for Bangladesh Navy or military.

How did you come to conclusion that Vietnam is poorer than Bangladesh? On what basis may I ask? Should I ask for your "Source" ? Because That is something new to me!!

And as far as N Korea is concerned, its a country that considers itself in a state of war with another country. That's why they have a stronger military, while there people starve.

What's your angle in comparing these two countries with Bangladesh, apart from scoring cheap points in the discussion?

Now I wouldn't say Bangladesh has an impressive navy, but with the little budget they get, the way our navy is maintained is certainly praiseworthy.

I have checked it. . Three ex royal navy frigates procured around 1980 are now obsolete... We have only two frigates which can actually fight... BNS Bangabandhu is a deadly beast, even better than f22... Bangladesh navy is continuously upgrading her armament..... BNS Osman is a decent one with c-802, fm-90. F-22Bs are coming... 5th frigate is under consideration. Rumors say navy is thinking to buy another ulsan class as their experience with BNS Bangabandhu was good..... Two corvetts are under construction in china.. Navy already recieved to castle class ship for patroling... I have to thank hasina, mayb moin u ahmed.. Add new submarines to this navy and it will be able to match israeli navy. . . .

Lol comparing with Israeli navy will be a bit exaggerating.

I dont think its corvette that China is building rather a big OPV. I posted the link in one of the sticky thread long back. But if you are confident about the corvettes, please provide a link regarding it so that we can be assured.

About the old frigates, i still suggest we keep them for numeric advantage. Its pointless to scrap them as they are still serving us well. Later when we have enough fund, we might think of selling them or so. As we say "Nai mamar theke kana mama bhalo"!

Another Ulsan class would be super cool actually. If i was in charge, instead of the frigates from China, i would have got 3 Ulsans from SK.

I just hope before leaving office, Hasina surprises us by getting 1-2 subs or even more better frigates at least for the sake of making the navy happy and assuring votes.

Cheers!!!

Lol comparing with Israeli navy will be a bit exaggerating.

I dont think its corvette that China is building rather a big OPV. I posted the link in one of the sticky thread long back. But if you are confident about the corvettes, please provide a link regarding it so that we can be assured.

About the old frigates, i still suggest we keep them for numeric advantage. Its pointless to scrap them as they are still serving us well. Later when we have enough fund, we might think of selling them or so. As we say "Nai mamar theke kana mama bhalo"!

Another Ulsan class would be super cool actually. If i was in charge, instead of the frigates from China, i would have got 3 Ulsans from SK.

I just hope before leaving office, Hasina surprises us by getting 1-2 subs or even more better frigates at least for the sake of making the navy happy and assuring votes.

Cheers!!!

I would like to see a few destroyers too:smitten:. They are the big guns of navies around the world

While very Informative news........

Don’t you lot think it would be better for Bangladesh to Improve the Air Force 1st as that’s a bit weak?? of course there is a budget limit but

8-10 Mig 29s????? If that’s true then clearly the air force is at a Disadvantage in terms of readily combat aircraft available!!!

I’m assuming Mig 29 is the Main Multi Role Fighter Aircraft in BAF inventory correct?@

If you look at it most countries (or at least most of them) have better Air Forces then Navy and If there is hostilities then Bangladesh could be at a great disadvantage.

Also Note Mig 29 while a Tough Bird is but Damn Expensive even JF17 is New and Cheaper than that 30 years old Bird.

Just want to get your Analysis thx

Peace

I would like to see a few destroyers too:smitten:. They are the big guns of navies around the world

Me too...i wish Hasina goes crazy and buy some big stuffs before she leaves office!

Cheers!!!

---------- Post added at 02:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 AM ----------

Don’t you lot think it would be better for Bangladesh to Improve the Air Force 1st as that’s a bit weak?? of course there is a budget limit but

8-10 Mig 29s????? If that’s true then clearly the air force is at a Disadvantage in terms of readily combat aircraft available!!!

I’m assuming Mig 29 is the Main Multi Role Fighter Aircraft in BAF inventory correct?@

If you look at it most countries (or at least most of them) have better Air Forces then Navy and If there is hostilities then Bangladesh could be at a great disadvantage.

Also Note Mig 29 while a Tough Bird is but Damn Expensive even JF17 is New and Cheaper than that 30 years old Bird.

Peace

We are looking into JF-17 as a viable option for BAF. J-10 is also under consideration. I think the next batch of birds will be any of these two.

And yes, our air force is at a disadvantage in case of an incursion and that is a concern. The problem is, i understand that...you understand that...but Govt. does not.

Cheers!!!

do c-803 and c-802 use same platform?? So can we fire c-803 from BNS OSMAN?? never heard of any c-803 missile exercise.

Not sure if both use the same platform. Regardless, I'm sure necessary modifications can be made to BNS Osman, BNS Khalid bin Walid and future frigates of BN.

Peace

Yes our BAF needs more funds and govt. have finalized plan to procure multi role fighter aircrafts J-10X/FC-1.

Our MiG-29s are air superiority fighter but soon to be upgraded to SMT version for multi role purposes.

Ground attack roles are in the hand of F-7 with PGM and A-5.

Our air force does not reveal the number of MiG-29 we possess. I have found more than 8 MiG-29s with distinct serial number. Air force may also increase another half of squadron of MiG-29s considering their existing experience and manpower.

Peace :)

Peace

According to reports, Bangladesh originally ordered 16 Fulcrums. That order was later reduced to half due to lack of infrastructure and resources to take care of them. Also, Russian after-sales service isn't that great, although it is improving. There were rumors that the MiGs cannibalized one another, but I do not know as to what extent that's true.

The current MiG-29 is the SE variant. There are plans to upgrade them.
Target major purchase
Big plan on war weapon purchase

Russian birds are cheaper than Western ones. As far as the costs of taking care of them goes, it depends on the end-user's infrastructure, ability to take care of them and how often they fly them.

As far as the MiGs are concerned, the BAF is somewhat an underfunded force. I do wish that it becomes better funded. At times I have come to think that we have too many tanks.

The navy is also very important, albeit the most important.

There have been discussions over procuring additional aircraft, namely the FC-1 and FC-20.
Bangladesh Eyes China Arms | Flashpoints
Bangladesh Is Negotiating With China To Get J-10 Fighter_Aircraft ~ ASIAN DEFENCE NEWS

There have been some rumors that they'd want more MiG-29s, although I doubt if that's in the interests of the BAF. However, both the FC-1 and FC-20 use Russian engines, but I think it is still better to operate the single-engined aircraft rather than a twin-engined one.

I doubt if China is willing to sell the FC-20 through the current Bangladesh government since it is currently heavily in line with Indian interests. At best, it'll be exported to limited countries with whom China has good relations with, and sees it as strategically fit.

The FC-1 is a realistic option for BAF, but the problem is that Hasina and her party are extremely anti-Pakistan.

So, at the moment, it is a no-go situation as long as the AL remains in power. Additional Russian birds (or God forbid Indian), making it into service of the BAF is very unlikely.

Better not to live a life of a hungry Chinese who eats anything that fly in the sky, walk over the land and swim in the water. Why the hell you ****** Chinese talk about our today's problem when this problem continued in China for many Centuries. Check the history book to see how many hundred millions of you Chinese have died of malnutrition and starvation in the past Century alone. Do not come with your bullshit prescription for our hungry again.

We have read Chinese history and know how hungry you have been for Centuries even if you eat dogs and snakes. Now, you are prescribing your unhealthy formula on us! What a shame that you do not have any guidelines for your eating habit.

Now, if you think your food habit is civilized, then why don't you accept the international criticism with wide smile?

i know dude almost 3,00,00,000 kill in malnutrition when 'mao' start "gr8 leap"( i dont know real name).but true that "royal bangel tiger" is batter than "chinise dragon" like- respect.

Back
Top Bottom