What's new

Bangladesh purchases Jiangwei II frigates from China

the deal is settled

China will build two F22-B frigates for Bangladesh
2cwopdy.jpg

Thats a good news. Can any one provide some more info regarding the F-22 frigates for BN. Thanks in advance.

What i know it will be custom build for Bangladesh based on f-22p of Pakistan .

Its supposed to be F-22B, depending on our needs afaik!

Cheers!!!

How many submarines does BD have at moment I mean operational?

Any new orders??

Peace

Any new orders??

Peace

We have no subs atm...but we do have plans to acquire but nothing solid on it.

Cheers!!!

I have never read any news that openly says about defence related matters in details. I think the PM will brag about this purchase in the future, but even she will also not talk openly about the details. Any PM knows the unwritten codes. We may have to depend upon foreign sources only for defence news.

She will brag her *** off next election about this purchase to gain some votes.

Any new orders??

Peace
Its on the discussion tables. Bangladesh plans to accuire 3 subs, but due to lack of funds and political conflicts, this will probably take a long time :frown:

Its on the discussion tables. Bangladesh plans to accuire 3 subs, but due to lack of funds and political conflicts, this will probably take a long time :frown:

There have been a lot of reports over BN procuring subs. Here's one:
Appearing at the national naval academy in Chittagong, the premier said that the issue of acquiring submarines for Bangladeshi Navy is under government's consideration.

Details of potential purchase are not reported; however, considering Bangladesh's defense budget (about $1.5 bln), most probably it would be second-hand Chinese subs.

Source:
Bangladesh considers procurement of submarines

It is a reliable source.

Some people here have been discussing that BN will procure subs from Germany, Korea or Turkey in this very forum. But they are just speculations.

Considering Bangladesh's limited budget, I'd say that second hand Chinese subs are more feasible. But I would personally oppose this since those subs are likely to be very old.

Is this contract signed or not? Could any Bangladesh friends share information about the cost,delivery time and so on?Besides if it's true,most likely they will be built in Shanghai Jianglan shipyard.

2500 tonnes warships cannot be called a frigate. It's actually a corvette.

Call it what you want.

BD Navy will now rules the waves internationally!

It is a Navy that can compete with any Navy of the world!

Wait till it flexes its muscles!

BD is not a poor country!

Is this contract signed or not? Could any Bangladesh friends share information about the cost,delivery time and so on?Besides if it's true,most likely they will be built in Shanghai Jianglan shipyard.

Bangladesh Government do not release those details to the public.

But however, the Bangladesh Navy is currently in the process of replacing its three age-old ex-Royal Navy frigates (BNS Abu Bakar, BNS Ali Haider and BNS Umar Farooq) with modern frigates within the next couple of years. Some of the ex-Royal Navy ships are over 50 years old. So they need to be replaced badly.

There are plans to add submarines to its fleet by 2019. That is all that can be said.

Back
Top Bottom