What's new

Bangladesh propose series against South Africa

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaPtAiN_pLaNeT

Reaction score
Bangladesh propose series against South Africa

South Africa news: Bangladesh propose series against South Africa | South Africa Cricket News | ESPN Cricinfo

Firdose Moonda

April 22, 2012

Teams: Bangladesh | South Africa | Zimbabwe

Cricket South Africa (CSA) is considering a request from the Bangladesh board president Mustafa Kamal for South Africa to play Bangladesh in May, CSA's acting chief executive Jacques Faul has said. Kamal made a request to CSA president Willie Basson last week and offered to pay all the costs, whether the series takes place in Bangladesh or South Africa.

"We have received the request and we are in the process of checking whether it would be possible," Faul told ESPNcricinfo. "We've got nothing against it, it's just about scheduling. At the moment, I can say it is a request we are looking at."

Faul will meet with the South African Cricketers' Association (SACA) and national coach Gary Kirsten next week to discuss the possibility of playing the series. He said the decision will be based on South Africa's schedule and whether this fixture can be included without causing fatigue. "We always want to play cricket and foster cricket but we've got to be careful with how much preparation and how much rest we give our team," Faul said. "It is quite important how we pace the team."

Bangladesh have no international cricket scheduled before the World Twenty20 in September. Their trip to Pakistan, for an ODI and a T20 later this month, was put on hold after a court order placed a four-week embargo on the tour, and their visit to Zimbabwe in August was postponed because of work being done on the pitches in Harare and Bulawayo.

By contrast, South Africa's schedule is busy. Having already spent a month in New Zealand, they will go to England for more than two months in early July, head straight to Sri Lanka for the World T20, tour Australia in October and November and then host New Zealand during the home summer.

Even if all parties agree the Bangladesh-South Africa series should go ahead, it will face a number of logistical problems. With the IPL only ending on May 27, South Africa could be without some of their key players. Twenty South African players, including limited-overs captain AB de Villiers and bowlers Dale Steyn and Morne Morkel, are involved in the IPL. Bangladesh, though, only have two players in the competition - Shakib Al Hasan and Tamim Iqbal.

Another issue will be location. The matches are unlikely to be held in Bangladesh because of the heat in summer and Faul confirmed South Africa, where it will be winter in May, was the only possibility as a venue. "Winter will be a factor for sure," Faul said. "Durban is a possible venue but the Highveld [Johannesburg and Centurion] will be out." Cape Town, where in rains in winter, will also not be a possibility.

Another option would be for the series to be held in Zimbabwe, who were approached by the BCB to participate in a tri-series with South Africa. While Zimbabwe Cricket officials could not be reached on Sunday for confirmation on whether they received the request and were considering it, cricket can be played there during their winter. They will host South Africa for five T20 matches, which have not been given international status, in June before maintenance work on their two main centres begins.

Zimbabwe could also travel to South Africa for the proposed tri-series and Faul said CSA would welcome the idea. "We always try to help Zimbabwe, we have an obligation to them because we are closest to them and we try to look after them where we can."

Firdose Moonda is ESPNcricinfo's South Africa correspondent
RSS Feeds: Firdose Moonda

Some more info on this ... Bangladesh cricket board likely to bear all the expenses of the series and also trying to arrange the series both in Bangladesh and South Africa simultaneously.

To the chest thumping Pakistanis --- you should understand that Bangladesh has lots of option without Pakistan but Pakistan has none.

Though the series has been postponed on the given date by the high court for up to 4 weeks, lets see what happen after that. My advise please cancel the tour now and relive our players from going to Pakistan.

Bangladesh is a good place to play cricket. But don't you think in may we have the monsoon ? rain may play the spoiler

Bangladesh is a good place to play cricket. But don't you think in may we have the monsoon ? rain may play the spoiler

Depends... if that is the case then full series will happen in South Africa. But Bangladeshi people are waiting eagerly for some matches in BD as there will be no matches in bd for a year or so.

Some more info on this ... Bangladesh cricket board likely to bear all the expenses of the series and also trying to arrange the series both in Bangladesh and South Africa simultaneously.

To the chest thumping Pakistanis --- you should understand that Bangladesh has lots of option without Pakistan but Pakistan has none.

Though the series has been postponed on the given date by the high court for up to 4 weeks, lets see what happen after that. My advise please cancel the tour now and relive our players from going to Pakistan.

well i didnt want to reply in this thread, now you are dragging you idiot, pakistan here

now so hear, how many times pakistan has played bangladesh already?? how many series we have already hosted to played against bangladesh?? when nobody wanted toplay with you like 10 years back,we came ahead and played

how many times india has played with bangladesh and esp tests in its own home ground?? ANSWER is NONE

let me give you some history

1) first ODI international bangladesh played was against pakistan

2) Pakistan was one of the first countries whom bangladesh played its first test series

3) pakistan is the test team whom bangladesh has played its most number of ODI matches

4) the loss at WC paved way for bangladesh to become a test nation

the win over Pakistan, who finished runners-up to Australia, helped Bangladesh to gain Test playing status the following year.

Bangladesh national cricket team - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

so it was not only defeating a test playing country, the status of pakistan as WC runners up made bangladesh gain so much points that it became a test nation, we gifted you the match that time

well i didnt want to reply in this thread, now you are dragging you idiot, pakistan here

now so hear, how many times pakistan has played bangladesh already?? how many series we have already hosted to played against bangladesh?? when nobody wanted toplay with you like 10 years back,we came ahead and played

how many times india has played with bangladesh and esp tests in its own home ground?? ANSWER is NONE

let me give you some history

1) first ODI international bangladesh played was against pakistan

2) Pakistan was one of the first countries whom bangladesh played its first test series

3) pakistan is the test team whom bangladesh has played its most number of ODI matches

4) the loss at WC paved way for bangladesh to become a test nation

Bangladesh national cricket team - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

so it was not only defeating a test playing country, the status of pakistan as WC runners up made bangladesh gain so much points that it became a test nation, we gifted you the match that time

Hold your horse Mr. darkinsky. How many times I need to remind you that Pakistan was beaten at the 1999 world cup. It was not a cup of tea that Pakistan served willingly.

2ndly forget about past and come to present. India will host Bangladesh this year for a full series. Whatever match happen against any team earlier all based on ICC schedule and agreement of the teams. It was not a charity.

At present Bangladesh has the capability to arrange series at home or away against any team and none will have problem with that.

But hope Pakistan will get some team in the future to play in Pakistan. My advise root out terrorism and try to play clean cricket by advising your cricketers not to keep in touch with any bookie.

I dont know what type of perception you people have got about Pakistan....i was watching a program on our local Tv channel in which our two celeberities were wandering around bangladesh and showing Dhaka mostly....Where Bangladesh has reached..... to the sky??? there was so much poor areas and slums...i admit road seems a little decent but was suprized to see the poor population roaming around...No surprize why bangladeshis come to Karachi and other Pakistani cities for earnings still now....Dont you care for that bengalis take them back from Pakistan please. I hate to say but Bangladesh is hard to locate on the world map it is so small in size...The country which you are talking about is more than 6 times your size...and Pakistan has a great cricket history and background....Bangladesh has achieved nothing in cricket except beating some good teams on rare occasions.

Was that fixed too? :fie:

I dont know what type of perception you people have got about Pakistan....i was watching a program on our local Tv channel in which our two celeberities were wandering around bangladesh and showing Dhaka mostly....Where Bangladesh has reached..... to the sky??? there was so much poor areas and slums...i admit road seems a little decent but was suprized to see the poor population roaming around...No surprize why bangladeshis come to Karachi and other Pakistani cities for earnings still now....Dont you care for that bengalis take them back from Pakistan please. I hate to say but Bangladesh is hard to locate on the world map it is so small in size...The country which you are talking about is more than 6 times your size...and Pakistan has a great cricket history and background....Bangladesh has achieved nothing in cricket except beating some good teams on rare occasions.
pakistan is way worst when it comes to poverty and calm down, its just a damn game!!! its like countries fighting over hide n seek

Can someone post a video of the World Cup opening ceremony in Dhaka, when they were people playing cricket vertically on a building?

Hold your horse Mr. darkinsky. How many times I need to remind you that Pakistan was beaten at the 1999 world cup. It was not a cup of tea that Pakistan served willingly.

yes we were beaten, but we made bangladesh beat us, a team who had beaten australia, westindies etc had all the ability to beat bangladesh, this match was the last match and pakistan had won all the prior matches, out of 31 matches played, pakistan have just defeated in this match
2ndly forget about past and come to present. India will host Bangladesh this year for a full series. Whatever match happen against any team earlier all based on ICC schedule and agreement of the teams. It was not a charity.

there is no such series in ICC future tour program

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/download/423882.html

At present Bangladesh has the capability to arrange series at home or away against any team and none will have problem with that.

you need to talk big when its done because till march 2014 you only have one away series with newzealand and host series agaist srilanka, not england, india, australia and sauth africa

But hope Pakistan will get some team in the future to play in Pakistan. My advise root out terrorism and try to play clean cricket by advising your cricketers not to keep in touch with any bookie.

well its not your problem, bengladesh is nobody to tell eso when we gifted them a test status, tell your team to become a mature team, atleast pakistan has good cricketers, no matter howmuch fixing they do,we have beaten tough teams, what has bangladesh done,just a minnow basher team,these same fixers make your league successful and still havent been paid

yes we were beaten, but we made bangladesh beat us, a team who had beaten australia, westindies etc had all the ability to beat bangladesh, this match was the last match and pakistan had won all the prior matches, out of 31 matches played, pakistan have just defeated in this match

there is no such series in ICC future tour program

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/download/423882.html

you need to talk big when its done because till march 2014 you only have one away series with newzealand and host series agaist srilanka, not england, india, australia and sauth africa

well its not your problem, bengladesh is nobody to tell eso when we gifted them a test status, tell your team to become a mature team, atleast pakistan has good cricketers, no matter howmuch fixing they do,we have beaten tough teams, what has bangladesh done,just a minnow basher team,these same fixers make your league successful and still havent been paid

Forget about past ... now look at the present. The quality of the Pakistan team is almost same currently to that of Pakistan. For example most of the Bangladesh batsman has higher average then most of the Pakistani batsman. The number of wickets that has been taken by abdur razzaq alone is higher then all of the Pakistani bowlers except Afridi though he is a flop batsman with average only 23 runs. Just wonder how Pakistan keeps him on the side with such a low average when we kicked out Ashraful despite his average is 24 and helped to win Bangladesh some of the matches.

The schedule of the India series will be fixed soon.

Indian players will also come to play BPL. This time depending on the behavior of the PCB we will decide whether to let Pakistani player play there or not.

As I said earlier include 2 more series India and South Africa. If ICC gives security guarantee then after 4 week we may think about Pakistan tour to show mercy on Pakistani cricket.

Yes we all know the strength and weakness of Bangladesh cricket team. They are already mature enough even though the youngest team in the world with average age around 22-23 not like 30+ age of the Pakistani team but they only require self belief and mental toughness. This Asia cup has shown that they have got it. Now Bangladesh cricket team only needs to find position 2nd and 3rd batsman who can give some good start and stay in the wicket for initial overs. That will be it.

Hahahaha good joke. Come to present my friend. Pakistan is finished. In terms of growth rate it no longer has the capability to compete either with India or Bangladesh. For your info many Pakistani business is now moving to Bangladesh. Regarding Bengalis they are living there from pre-71 time. Obviously born and brought up there also. So no longer is our headache. Try to bring down terrorism in Pakistan as that is the biggest problem in Pakistan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom