What's new

Bangladesh Prepares to Get Indian Electricity

Status
Not open for further replies.
It supplaies water to the Farakka Super Thermal Power Project (FSTPP) has an installed generating capacity of 1600 MW and additional 500 MW is under commissioning.

By your statement, I have this idea that Farakka does not have a hydr-electric facility. But, it provides water to a thermal power plant nearby with an installed capacity of 1600 MW of electricity. Am I correct?

BD is going well under Hasina. Good to see the cooperations.

Honeymoon will be over soon.........:smokin:

Only stupid awami dalal would buy electricity from Enemy. :angry:

Bangladeshis consider the rajakar scums as their enemy. I would like to see AL completes trials of all those on fast track and hang them for massacre.

@ footmarks, Cool Down, I myself am a Wind Resource analyst, Do You know that Having green energy is Not taxable?? Do you know that Govt pays 60% for the initiative You take to have Your Daily needs met by Green energy? Do you know that Govt gives subsidy On CFL lamps, Do You know that, India is the fastest growing In Wind Farming next to denmark?

Besides all this, Instead of Supplying Other Ways of energy in Rural Areas, Politicians and other business men Would Put in there money for Green energy in Rural areas to convert there black money white and Its not taxable.....

Our government is Not only spending from its pocket, but also Making Rich Take initiative in this.....

By 2025 India Would meet its energy needs mostly Via Solar and Wind....And the rest non conventional Ways would be Used to Generate Income instead of electricity;)

Think, Cant we let our today for our better tomorrow, or are we so selfish?

You as a Bharati can not tell me, how a Bangladeshi should be. My views fall well within the spectrum of majority Bangladeshi conservative muslim who are the torchbearer of two nation theory. You Desiman can not be right represetive of Islam beacuse you are believer of Bharati first and Muslim second.

You are criticizing me or anyone in this matter because we like to think ahead and able to foresee the danger lied ahead. We are protective of our culture, values and national idendity that fall within Islamic principal. You would not criticize me if I accept Bharatis dominace in MY FORFATHER LAND.

I have raise some valid concers so I would like to hear something from my country men. :)

What a shameless situation, one hand you are a supporter of rajakar on the other hand want to be a Bangladeshi!!!! :lol:

@ footmarks, Cool Down, I myself am a Wind Resource analyst, Do You know that Having green energy is Not taxable?? Do you know that Govt pays 60% for the initiative You take to have Your Daily needs met by Green energy? Do you know that Govt gives subsidy On CFL lamps, Do You know that, India is the fastest growing In Wind Farming next to denmark?

Besides all this, Instead of Supplying Other Ways of energy in Rural Areas, Politicians and other business men Would Put in there money for Green energy in Rural areas to convert there black money white and Its not taxable.....

Our government is Not only spending from its pocket, but also Making Rich Take initiative in this.....

By 2025 India Would meet its energy needs mostly Via Solar and Wind....And the rest non conventional Ways would be Used to Generate Income instead of electricity;)

Think, Cant we let our today for our better tomorrow, or are we so selfish?

It has already started

Clean revolution: India Today - Latest Breaking News from India, World, Business, Cricket, Sports, Bollywood.

A reasonable softer neighbor to the east ..... thats a gain I guess

How this move is going to benefit India??

Basic Economics.... Money , With the Money , Run Parallel green energy Projects.. India is compelled to do so.

Last edited:
Another Awami stooge move to loot money from Bangladesh and to make money for india. 500 MW electricity will virtually do nothing for Bangladesh but Bangladesh will suffer following ways:
In the 5 years from 2001 to 2006, the then ruling clique of BD spent 13,500 Taka for the development of electricity. But, not a single power station was built and not a single MW of power was added at that time to the national grid. How do you explain this?

The majority of that money was stolen, and part of it was spent to erect KHAMBA here and there. The Khambas (electric poles) were delivered and erected by a company belonging to the second son of the then PM.

This has forced the present govt to buy power from the neighbouring countries as a stop-gap measure. It certainly helps the country. By the way, can you tell us why the 2001-2006 GoB used to import hundreds of food items among many hundred other items from India?

Whatever we buy from India, we pay with hard currency. India is not selling anything for free. Now, my question is why only power is bad, but other items are alright? What is your point?

How this move is going to benefit India??

If it gonna help our brother Bangladesh, if it will help in running Bangladeshi Industries, if it provide jobs to Bangladeshi people we are happy with our loss.

In friendship and brotherhood their is no space for loss and profit.

"The substation is going to be built to facilitate import of maximum 500mw electricity at the initial level. Its transmission capacity can be boosted to 1000mw power in future," said the PGCB chief.
Thats lot of electricity considering BD's current power generation capacity! I wish Mamta gives green signal to Haripur nuclear powerplant, that will increase Bengal's electricity generation by many folds. Also BD can get much more electricity.

Thats lot of electricity considering BD's current power generation capacity! I wish Mamta gives green signal to Haripur nuclear powerplant, that will increase Bengal's electricity generation by many folds. Also BD can get much more electricity.

The problem with Bengal is, the whole state is becoming partisan and that includes media, intellectuals and even civil society. The only way mamata is going to give it green signal is if left don't include them in the project. Mamata can't see left to gain any political benefit even if that means loss of Bengal as a whole, and the same thing goes for Lefts as well!

Not much considering all the projects in the pipeline. We need a lot of electricity.

Well dude, its a fact that we need a lot more than that. But yes, its good to see getting started from somewhere....

I always look at the benefits to my nation, irrespective of the ruling parties and from where it is coming....if theres a chance that my people will be getting 2-3 hrs of more electricity per day due to this export from India, i wont mind buying it....however, i hope there will be no u-turn in this decision....

And about the Haripur nuclear plant, will BD be getting any share from the electricity they will be producing....?? Please shed some light....

Cheers!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom