What's new

Bangladesh-Pakistan Defence Relations

IMPORTANT:Bangladesh are in talks with the Pakistan Ordnance Factory for cooperation in the production of 155 mm artillery projectiles

ANY IDEAS????

simple qes bro you have info abut who many guns BD army have 155mm?

if its high nombers may be yes if not then they can buy and fill there reqairements.

my brother wich world you live????? we just figere out whats going on in bd defence.its same as our indian nighbers dreaming there peoples in 2020 2030 2040 please see today see what we achive last few years and can you please provide some sold info what is that magic stick you use next few years.check next few years bd papultion were go powerty were will be if you see past BD was better then today in 80s 90s.i never wana hart your nationalism but you become over nationalst.we all love our lands but we see true also.i can say next few years our arms exports boom same like boom until today from 2000 when we start export ars.i can say next few years our power shortige and enerjy needs will fill because we already working on big dams.i can say next few years our coal production will increase and oil imports will less.i can say next few years war on terarr will finish then no more losess of money on this war.i can gwader port will start receve heavy ships from next few months then become boom on trade with center asia.now can you please provide me some on graund info

or as you say before

bangladesh have 16 mig29 because inter sorces say this news can some one beleve this chaildsh claim

when bd get these from were they get ?

who pay these secret money?
and india was sleeping that time?
please be a realstic these kind of claims show that you don't know any thing

sorry

cant read with so many spelling mistakes and in-coherent sentences.

cheers.

Al Zarrar Main Battle Tank

The Al Zarrar Main Battle Tank (MBT) is essentially an upgrade kit originally designed by the Heavy Industries Taxila (HIT) to modernise and improve obsolete Type 59 Main Battle Tanks (MBTs).

Design

The upgrade kit consists of an estimated 54 modifications to the original Type 59 MBTs ensuring that the modernisation results in a cost effective, up to date, combat worthy tank with heavy firepower.

The main features of the modernised Al Zarrar MBT include:

* 125 mm smoothbore gun
* Semi-automatic loader
* Image stabilized fire control and improved gun control system
* Thermal Imaging (TI) for day/night combat
* Improved protection with explosive reactive armour and anti-mine protection
* 730 hp engine
* Improved transmission
* Improved suspension

Status

The Bangladesh Army Chief General Moeen U. Ahmed visited Pakistan on the 21st of October, 2008 to improve defence ties between the two neighbouring nations.

During the course of the official visit he asked proposed a joint venture between the two countries for modernising the large number of Type 59 MBTs remaining in service with the Bangladesh Army.

The Pakistani side responded positively to the proposal and is transferring relevant technology to Bangladesh in this regard.

After the project is complete all Bangladesh Army Type 59 MBTs will be rebuilt as new Al Zarrar MBTs. The entire modernisation program will be done inside Bangladesh under this joint venture project.

The Al Zarrar Main Battle Tank (MBT) is essentially an upgrade kit originally designed by the Heavy Industries Taxila (HIT) to modernise and improve obsolete Type 59 Main Battle Tanks (MBTs).

Design

The upgrade kit consists of an estimated 54 modifications to the original Type 59 MBTs ensuring that the modernisation results in a cost effective, up to date, combat worthy tank with heavy firepower.

* 125 mm smoothbore gun
* Semi-automatic loader
* 730 hp engine
* Improved transmission
* Improved suspension

Status

The Bangladesh Army Chief General Moeen U. Ahmed visited Pakistan on the 21st of October, 2008 to improve defence ties between the two neighbouring nations.

During the course of the official visit he asked proposed a joint venture between the two countries for modernising the large number of Type 59 MBTs remaining in service with the Bangladesh Army.

The Pakistani side responded positively to the proposal and is transferring relevant technology to Bangladesh in this regard.

After the project is complete all Bangladesh Army Type 59 MBTs will be rebuilt as new Al Zarrar MBTs. The entire modernisation program will be done inside Bangladesh under this joint venture project.

sounds cool...great job...:pakistan: :bangladesh:

Here is a little summary by Mr.BdMilitary(he runs another forum and works in the defence sector)

Joint Special Forces Exercise

All sides can benefit from joint Special Forces exercises by taking advantage of each other countries varied environment.

- Bangladesh is building a very large Jungle Warfare School and Navy SEAL training centre in Chittagong area
- We discussed about Paracommando Battalion members training with the Special Services Group of Pakistan. They can obviously learn high-altitude diving from the SSG, as Bangladesh has not trained its forces to do so locally.

Joint Production of Military Equipment

- The Bangladesh Navy has a huge project to build dozens of fast attack craft of 200 to 300 ton weight. The Pakistani-side are keen on the joint venture in Khulna Ship Yard but they will face competition from Turkish and Malay companies too.
- Bangladesh needs to upgrade 300 Type 59 MBTs to become effective combat assets and discussion has been ongoing with the Pakistani counterparts at HIT to transfer technology for local production of Al Zarrar tank components at the Bangladesh Army's Heavy Workshop, which is capable of building tanks, APCs and artillery systems apart from upgrading them.
- Pakistan is the primary ATGM supplier to the Bangladesh Army. It has supplied hundreds of Baktar Shikan (HJ-8) ATGM launchers each year. The reason the BA is procuring from the Pakistani company is that it is a cheaper alternative to exactly the same ATGM manufactured in China. Room exists for establishing an ATGM plant in the Bangladesh Ordnance Factory - I personally know that they have a plan to do this.

Procurement of Defence Hardware

- The Bangladesh Army chief has shown interest is procuring communications systems from Pakistan though it currently uses American and South African systems. No further details are available regarding this procurement.

good post leonblack:)!!!

Design

* 125 mm smoothbore gun
* Semi-automatic loader
* 730 hp engine
* Improved transmission
* Improved suspension

Status

good news. I like the "joint Venture Project" part.....we are moving at the rite direction........

good news. I like the "joint Venture Project" part.....we are moving at the rite direction........

I think it is due to sitting government in Bangladesh I mean military which has accelerated such ideas for defence cooperation with Pakistan.

Interested to know if there was any such intention on part of earlier governments in BD?
How much work has been done by Hasina or Khalida governments in past in this regard?

It's true. They are half baked muslim with hindu mentality. They are also known to be awami follower, secularist indian dalal. They claim to be bangli first than muslim. They are musrik and rejected scum in our socity. This musrik sponsor hindu culture in the name of bangai culture. Those dalal has more acceptabilty in India than Banladesh. This dalal serve indian purpose. This dalal alway spread propagonda to label bangladesh as foundamentalist state. They are known to be enemy of islam and this bastard sould be wiped out soon inshallah as new generation of bangladeshi coming to power. Those musrik has no future in Bangladesh.

I've seen them and I read some of these musriks' article. One of these followers is a guy named 'Sunny Raihan' on FaceBook. He claims Bangladeshi first and doesn't mention Islam at all and pokes fun at religion in a way. Very pro awami league.

I've seen them and I read some of these musriks' article. One of these followers is a guy named 'Sunny Raihan' on FaceBook. He claims Bangladeshi first and doesn't mention Islam at all and pokes fun at religion in a way. Very pro awami league.

Thank you bro. welcome to the PDF. Have you introduce yourself to this forum yet?

Yes there are many such people and they are acting against the interest of BD.

Welcome to PDF and keep your comments coming.

Back
Top Bottom