What's new

Bangladesh Navy

@Nilgiri @Loafer I don't remember whom I had a discussion regarding modular construction of ships in bd after one of you were trashing bd's ship building techniques... and refused to believe when I said shipyards observe modular construction nowadays than keel laying traditional ones. Some pics here....

You really want to start that here? I don't even remember what I said specifically about BD shipbuilding anyway (like anything about BD unable to do modular construction - which is pretty much a requirement these days for any basic shipbuilding). If its progress compared to before, good for you and best of luck.

You really want to start that here? I don't even remember what I said specifically about BD shipbuilding anyway (like anything about BD unable to do modular construction - which is pretty much a requirement these days for any basic shipbuilding). If its progress compared to before, good for you and best of luck.
Bruh why are you firing your tits. Calm man. I had this discussion with one of you who claimed Bangladeshi ships aren't made with modular construction and whatnot... Back then I was asked to provide photo which I didn't have so yeah....

These are smaller modules
Well small ship compared to massive air craft carriers you see made in states

Bruh why are you firing your tits. Calm man. I had this discussion with one of you who claimed Bangladeshi ships aren't made with modular construction and whatnot... Back then I was asked to provide photo which I didn't have so yeah....

Well small ship compared to massive air craft carriers you see made in states

Ok kewl. But whats capacity/orderbook of this shipyard anyhow? That's what really matters more.

Defence Technology of Bangladesh-DTB added 2 new photos.
1 hr ·

বাংলাদেশ নৌবাহিনীর জন্য for Bangladesh Navy, tender has been invited for purchase of 40 x new Torpedoes ৪০ টি নতুন টর্পেডো কেনার দরপত্র আহ্বান করা হয়েছে

টেন্ডার লিংক- http://www.dgdp.gov.bd/dgdp/AP_TEN/s_doc/1233.pd
19665592_1404254142996348_1305063995158341402_n.png

Well Khulna shipyard is not able to make big ships like frigate because there is a bridge there. That's why Chittagong Dock yard has been handed over to Bangladesh navy.From 2018 we are making frigates there.Even the recruitment of the engineers for this projects is going on already :)

Last edited:
Defence Technology of Bangladesh-DTB
26 mins ·
Bangladesh Navyবাংলাদেশ নৌবাহিনী এবং কোস্টগার্ড এর তরফ থেকে কিছু Good news

2666.png
♦Chittogong চট্টগ্রাম ড্রাইডক লিমিটেড (CDDL) প্রথমে 6 X Multi role Frigates৬ টি মাল্টিরোল ফ্রিগেট নির্মান করতে যাচ্ছে।

2666.png
♦Khulna খুলনা শিপইয়ার্ড লিমিটেড (KSY) নৌবাহিনীর জন্য 2 X Corvettes টি কর্ভেট, 4 x Mine Sweepers ৪ টি মাইনসুইপার জাহাজ এবং 1 x Training Ship ১ টি ট্রেনিং জাহাজ নির্মান করছে।

2666.png
♦২০১৯ 2019 সালে চীন from China থেকে আরো 2 X Attack Submarines ২ টি এট্যাক সাবমেরিন কেনা হচ্ছে (Song Class/Yung class)

2666.png
♦বাংলাদেশ ও চীন China and Bangladesh under joint collaboration যৌথভাবে Bangladesh Navyবাংলাদেশ নৌবাহিনীর জন্য Missiles মিসাইল এবং and IFF Equipment আইএফএফ (শত্রু-মিত্র চিহ্নিতকরণের ইকুইপমেন্ট) production তৈরির উদ্যোগ নিয়েছে।

2666.png
♦KSY এ নির্মানাধীন 2 X Large Patrol Crafts ২ টি লার্জ পেট্রোল ক্রাফট will be commissioned this yearএই বছর পানিতে ভাসবে।

2666.png
♦২০১৮-১৯ 2018- 2019 এ নৌবাহিনীর এভিয়েশন উইং এ ২ টি 2 x ASW Helicopters হেলিকপ্টার এবং 2 X MPA ২ টি মেরিটাইম পেট্রোল এয়ারক্রাফট to be added যুক্ত হবে।

2666.png
♦CDDL এবং ইটালি Italy যৌথভাবে Coast Guard কোস্টগার্ডের জন্যfor constructing Gunboat গানবোট বানানোর বিষয়ে কথাবার্তা চালাচ্ছে। negotiations ongoing.

19756859_1405124546242641_5881444591858701589_n.jpg

Defence Technology of Bangladesh-DTB
26 mins ·
Bangladesh Navyবাংলাদেশ নৌবাহিনী এবং কোস্টগার্ড এর তরফ থেকে কিছু Good news

2666.png
♦Chittogong চট্টগ্রাম ড্রাইডক লিমিটেড (CDDL) প্রথমে 6 X Multi role Frigates৬ টি মাল্টিরোল ফ্রিগেট নির্মান করতে যাচ্ছে।

2666.png
♦Khulna খুলনা শিপইয়ার্ড লিমিটেড (KSY) নৌবাহিনীর জন্য 2 X Corvettes টি কর্ভেট, 4 x Mine Sweepers ৪ টি মাইনসুইপার জাহাজ এবং 1 x Training Ship ১ টি ট্রেনিং জাহাজ নির্মান করছে।

2666.png
♦২০১৯ 2019 সালে চীন from China থেকে আরো 2 X Attack Submarines ২ টি এট্যাক সাবমেরিন কেনা হচ্ছে (Song Class/Yung class)

2666.png
♦বাংলাদেশ ও চীন China and Bangladesh under joint collaboration যৌথভাবে Bangladesh Navyবাংলাদেশ নৌবাহিনীর জন্য Missiles মিসাইল এবং and IFF Equipment আইএফএফ (শত্রু-মিত্র চিহ্নিতকরণের ইকুইপমেন্ট) production তৈরির উদ্যোগ নিয়েছে।

2666.png
♦KSY এ নির্মানাধীন 2 X Large Patrol Crafts ২ টি লার্জ পেট্রোল ক্রাফট will be commissioned this yearএই বছর পানিতে ভাসবে।

2666.png
♦২০১৮-১৯ 2018- 2019 এ নৌবাহিনীর এভিয়েশন উইং এ ২ টি 2 x ASW Helicopters হেলিকপ্টার এবং 2 X MPA ২ টি মেরিটাইম পেট্রোল এয়ারক্রাফট to be added যুক্ত হবে।

2666.png
♦CDDL এবং ইটালি Italy যৌথভাবে Coast Guard কোস্টগার্ডের জন্যfor constructing Gunboat গানবোট বানানোর বিষয়ে কথাবার্তা চালাচ্ছে। negotiations ongoing.

19756859_1405124546242641_5881444591858701589_n.jpg

Wow 2 SSK from China from 2019, sounds too great, any more details about that, Bro?

Well Khulna shipyard is not able to make big ships like frigate because there is a bridge there. That's why Chittagong Dock yard has been handed over to Bangladesh navy.From 2018 we are making frigates there.Even the recruitment of the engineers for this projects is going on already :)

There were reports that KSY had acquired land for a newer and larger yard downstream beyond the bridge to build corvettes (C13B class). See report from @BANGLAR BIR about building C13B's at KSY.

You can still build C13B's at KSY's current facility. The superstructure is rather low, owing to stealth design. Crossing underneath Khulna Bridge is not an issue for C13B.

Wow 2 SSK from China from 2019, sounds too great, any more details about that, Bro?

This was in the plans all along. The Mings were supposed to be nothing more than training platforms per plan.

They are probably going for Yuan Class rather than Song class, Song is much older design. Unless they buy from existing Chinese fleet. Yuans are substantially larger at 3600 ton displacement submerged. Mings are 2100 tons I believe. Yuans are about the same size as Kilos.

iu

May be to buy from India?

Tender document has specified country of origin to be China.

These could be Mark 48 class or Yu-6 class.

Back
Top Bottom