What's new

Bangladesh Navy

China has developed miniaturized AIP to be fitted in earlier subs if needed. Song can be built with them or retrofitted.
I'm not sure if our ship is with AIP. afaik it can be fitted on existing submarine but we chose to forgo of it citing economical reasons of fitting it in that old sub.

It's great if we can do that to the Song. I think Chinese miniaturized the AIP for the Song only because The original AIP equipped Yuan is based on the Song!!! So it makes sense if AIP can be retrofitted in earlier Song.
But can AIP be really retrofitted in the Mings as well?! This is news to me. Can you give me a link where I can check this bit of info, thanks!!!

19959034_447508962302397_4583782138993626176_n.jpg

19959404_10203405004241970_7012613755465329697_n.jpg

refurbishing for delivery ?
news spreading Bangladesh is getting 2 Type39 Song class submarine from china which is more advance version of already inducted type 35G song class submarine .

039 SSK loading torpedo.

C_YUks0XUAAC54f.jpg

Last edited:
It appears Bangladesh already paid for the subs and made the deal G2G basis for these two song class subs. There is talks of whether to add another one into this deal but nothing has been finalised about the third vessel.
Post 2020 expect brand new subs and fleet strength to be a planned of 8.
Excluding Ming. Ming serves main patrol role till 2030 and then is solely reserved for training.

oh sure, says the imbecile who claims that putting multiple sensors & weapons on the same platform reflects low confidence. :lol:

your inherent disability to comprehend thought doesn't bother me....
your confidence in your wrong base also doesn't bother me.....
what bothers me is the incessant futile effort you give to tell others that your disability is your asset....

your inherent disability to comprehend thought doesn't bother me....
your confidence in your wrong base also doesn't bother me.....
what bothers me is the incessant futile effort you give to tell others that your disability is your asset....

Meh...You're only good at saying things that makes zero sense.

It's the language used in the literature on military history. If it gets over your head, better ignore such discussions and stick to those economy and industry threads.

I haven't seen any military historian claiming that 'putting multiple sensors & weapons on the same platform reflects low confidence.'. Maybe Bangladeshi military historians have a different opinion.

I haven't seen any military historian claiming that 'putting multiple sensors & weapons on the same platform reflects low confidence.'. Maybe Bangladeshi military historians have a different opinion.

It's the inner message that you fail to get, the literature on the military history and philosophy are written in this way.

19959034_447508962302397_4583782138993626176_n.jpg

19959404_10203405004241970_7012613755465329697_n.jpg

refurbishing for delivery ?
news spreading Bangladesh is getting 2 Type39 Song class submarine from china which is more advance version of already inducted type 35G song class submarine .

039 SSK loading torpedo.

C_YUks0XUAAC54f.jpg
good to see the news but for coming days yuan class is the most modern sub which will be more effective for long days in bd fleet.

We have an elaborate def deal with Turkey. The present govt has kept it shrouded. When a new govt comes, we should see BN lining up for the Turkish Milden. Don't forget Turkey was already training BN personnel to take over a sub to be built in Turkey with S African design and S Korean JV.

Back
Top Bottom