What's new

Bangladesh Navy

fair enough but please, inform this to your countrymen who are blaming us for not helping rohingyas while arming burmese themselves?

I agree bro & I apologize of their immature posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb_B1WEijOU

Bangladeshi PM : Rohingyas not our problem even though they are "your kin"..

they are people of Myanmar & Not Bangladesh, & whether Bangladesh takes in the rohingiyas or not, is the internal decision of Bangladesh & only Bangladesh to make. & it has every right to either accept or refuse them. & its decision must be respected, Bangladesh is not oblige to take care of the roingiyas, Myanmar & the U.N as a world body is

our old nation pakistan is training the burmese and trying to sell old pakistani subs to them .gaddar forever

Dhaka, June 5 (DPA) The Bangladesh government categorically denied Monday a report that it had received two old submarines from the Pakistan Navy as gifts, an official spokesman said.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakist...submarines-bangladesh-navy.html#ixzz2fqOYFart

our old nation pakistan is training the burmese and trying to sell old pakistani subs to them .gaddar forever

Pakistan to gift old submarines to Bangladesh Navy

The Pakistan gift would provide the Bangladesh Navy its first underwater capabilties.

NEW DELHI: In a strategic decision that Indian policy planners are trying to comprehend, Pakistan has agreed to gift two of its old submarines to Bangladesh Navy.

Authoritative sources in the establishment told DNA that Pakistani authorities agreed to the gift when Bangladesh Prime Minister Begum Khaleda Zia visited Pakistan from February 12 to 14 earlier this year.

Pakistani authorities would refurbish and refit two of its old submarines for the Bangladesh Navy under the agreement.

The Pakistan gift would provide the Bangladesh Navy its first underwater capabilities. This raises several questions regarding Bangladesh's strategic planning and forecast for the region.

As the information begin to trickle down to policy makers here, the new strength of Bangladeshi Navy is bewildering them. But they admit that they will have to ingrain Dhaka's new strength into Indian strategic plans.

Sources said Pakistan would be refurbishing two of its Daphne class submarines, which are being decommissioned presently, and give it to Bangladesh Navy. Pakistan Navy had acquired four Daphne class submarined from France in 1969-70.

The Daphne class submarine PNS Hangor, which sunk Indian naval ship Khukri during 1971 war, was decommisioned on January 2, 2006 and is reportedly being converted into a museum ship.

Sources said the the two-submarine deal was the high point of Bangaldesh Prime Minister's visit to Pakistan. The deal was kept under wraps, but New Delhi now has authoritative information through its intelligence channels about Pakistan's strategic move.

Pakistan Navy has a small submarine arm and is presently in the process of inducting Agosta-90B submarines from France.

Sources watching Bangladesh are mystified by the move, given its small navy of just over 10,000 personnel. The Bangladesh Navy is limited mostly to coastal patrolling and is getting a modern frigate built in South Korea.

Indian efforts to woo the Bangladesh Navy, with a possible gift of a ship, has not gone too far. Indian Navy chief Admiral Arun Prakash had undertaken a visit to Bangladesh in December, and had made several offers including training for its personnel in Indian facilities and assistance on various other fronts.

Pakistan to gift old submarines to Bangladesh Navy - World - DNA

BD was offered, but did not take. Anyway, why should PK care about BD after all the things BAL do?

And lastly, its BAL propaganda that PK is helping Burma against BD. Actually, they are not doing anything against BD.

Can we just drop this whole Rohingya,PK,AL and proganda BS. This is a Navy Thread,im tired of looking through pages of worthless cr*p to see something relevant. Start a new thread if you like but try and keep it minimal here or ignore anything you think will start this.

Anyways, Does anyone in BD know the status of the Subamarine Base?I know it was announced a while ago and a picture of the site location was given but is it being built?

The base and infrastructure is currently being built to support upcoming sub acquisition. It will probably take a year or two and will coincide with delivery of the subs. It has gone beyond conceptual stage and I believe work has started. There won't be anything coming out in the public domain for at least a year I would say

i asked some pak navy sourse and he said same as you ! pakistans interest first . but my point is why the pak PM cries crocodile tears for the rohingas and arms to the junta at the sametime shows double standard
& exactly how's that gaddari ? just to let you know Pakistan is a sovereign country !, it will aligned with which ever country that serves its national interest even if its Israel. I can't say about Bangladesh, but Pakistan along with Sri lanka & Myanmar are very close to China & as such have to cooperate with each other, its plain common sense, it has nothing & absolutely nothing to do with Bangladesh or rohingya or haseena for that matter, China was interested in building Chittagong & other ports for Bangladesh & getting a foothold in the bay of Bengal, they offered you first ! & NOT Myanmar ! but it was Bangladesh which was hesitant & still Is, & you have the gall to call us gaddar ! we are true to our alliance, but it was you who refused compliance !

The base and infrastructure is currently being built to support upcoming sub acquisition. It will probably take a year or two and will coincide with delivery of the subs. It has gone beyond conceptual stage and I believe work has started. There won't be anything coming out in the public domain for at least a year I would say

Structural design analysis must be done and has to be approved by before construction can start. I wonder which foreign country with a long experience in design of dry dock and submarine base is helping us? BD has no experience in this field.

Is it a German or an English company? It is not necessary that a consultant must be selected from the country which will sell us the submarines.

BNS Somudro Joy (F28) is probably arriving in Bangladesh in November 2013..... the US Ambassador said this 31 August during a seminar....
US to provide naval ship to Bangladesh - Mozena tells seminar

BNS Somudro Joy (F28), but without pennant number..... and also, without any rumoured armament.....
anyone has any update on this ship?
1236830_639053622802290_139178989_n.jpg

thank you so much for this outstanding update!! :yay:

Yeah..I have some updates. Denting has been done, painting is still not complete yet. Also, 2 Bangladeshi flags and 1 US flag have been waived on board :cheesy: .

BNS Somudro Joy would surely be fitted with Chinese weapons in BD.... so, if the ship arrives in BD in November, there would be some time before the ship is fully operational.... probably December 2013 or January 2014.... not sure...

i asked some pak navy sourse and he said same as you ! pakistans interest first . but my point is why the pak PM cries crocodile tears for the rohingas and arms to the junta at the sametime shows double standard

every country has double standards, politics is a dirty game after all, here no one is holier than thou , be it Pakistan or India or for that matter Bangladesh , when it comes to international diplomacy its a tough & cold world out there , where interest & only interest counts

I agree bro & I apologize of their immature posts

they are people of Myanmar & Not Bangladesh, & whether Bangladesh takes in the rohingiyas or not, is the internal decision of Bangladesh & only Bangladesh to make. & it has every right to either accept or refuse them. & its decision must be respected, Bangladesh is not oblige to take care of the roingiyas, Myanmar & the U.N as a world body is

On humanitarian ground any people have the right to criticize be it internal or not. Bangladesh has moral liability about any oppressed people, just 42 years back its 8/9 million people took shelter in neighboring country. Definitely Hasina the Witch doesn't have that sense because that time she was passing a princess life.

Regarding Pakistan's military assistance to Burma- if I'm not wrong last year when the persecution on Rohingya people was going on, there was big procession in Pakistan against it. On that ground everyone can say that Pakistan is not doing right thing. It's not about BD-Burma rivalry but on that humanitarian ground. We've been facing much bigger enemy than Burma and it doesn't matter if they gain some more muscle from any country...we're confident we can face any.

Dhaka, June 5 (DPA) The Bangladesh government categorically denied Monday a report that it had received two old submarines from the Pakistan Navy as gifts, an official spokesman said.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakist...submarines-bangladesh-navy.html#ixzz2fqOYFart

Pakistan to gift old submarines to Bangladesh Navy

The Pakistan gift would provide the Bangladesh Navy its first underwater capabilties.

NEW DELHI: In a strategic decision that Indian policy planners are trying to comprehend, Pakistan has agreed to gift two of its old submarines to Bangladesh Navy.

Authoritative sources in the establishment told DNA that Pakistani authorities agreed to the gift when Bangladesh Prime Minister Begum Khaleda Zia visited Pakistan from February 12 to 14 earlier this year.

Pakistani authorities would refurbish and refit two of its old submarines for the Bangladesh Navy under the agreement.

The Pakistan gift would provide the Bangladesh Navy its first underwater capabilities. This raises several questions regarding Bangladesh's strategic planning and forecast for the region.

As the information begin to trickle down to policy makers here, the new strength of Bangladeshi Navy is bewildering them. But they admit that they will have to ingrain Dhaka's new strength into Indian strategic plans.

Sources said Pakistan would be refurbishing two of its Daphne class submarines, which are being decommissioned presently, and give it to Bangladesh Navy. Pakistan Navy had acquired four Daphne class submarined from France in 1969-70.

The Daphne class submarine PNS Hangor, which sunk Indian naval ship Khukri during 1971 war, was decommisioned on January 2, 2006 and is reportedly being converted into a museum ship.

Sources said the the two-submarine deal was the high point of Bangaldesh Prime Minister's visit to Pakistan. The deal was kept under wraps, but New Delhi now has authoritative information through its intelligence channels about Pakistan's strategic move.

Pakistan Navy has a small submarine arm and is presently in the process of inducting Agosta-90B submarines from France.

Sources watching Bangladesh are mystified by the move, given its small navy of just over 10,000 personnel. The Bangladesh Navy is limited mostly to coastal patrolling and is getting a modern frigate built in South Korea.

Indian efforts to woo the Bangladesh Navy, with a possible gift of a ship, has not gone too far. Indian Navy chief Admiral Arun Prakash had undertaken a visit to Bangladesh in December, and had made several offers including training for its personnel in Indian facilities and assistance on various other fronts.

Pakistan to gift old submarines to Bangladesh Navy - World - DNA

BD was offered, but did not take. Anyway, why should PK care about BD after all the things BAL do?

And lastly, its BAL propaganda that PK is helping Burma against BD. Actually, they are not doing anything against BD.

BAL is running its propaganda by Janes as well :hitwall: !

Back
Top Bottom