What's new

Bangladesh Navy

thanks for the update!.... well, its not about getting disappointed or not.... its about getting updated with the info.... we would really appreciate any update, as we don't get a lot from our internal sources.... you can post anything that you have.... we'll really appreciate that! :)

This is aliaselin
Sorry but new pictures may make you guys sad, as it shows no difference to the non-refitted one, so I will not post it here. Good luck!

thanks for the update!.... well, its not about getting disappointed or not.... its about getting updated with the info.... we would really appreciate any update, as we don't get a lot from our internal sources.... you can post anything that you have.... we'll really appreciate that! :)

I didn't know the ferry would be suspended due to National Day, so can not be nearer.
211832zr2bm2o7jb7urrd5.jpg

211837to7jn7fwlgw9ie7a.jpg

that a very good point..... not sure whether the choppers arrived with those capabilities or not.... the torpedo is probably supposed to come with an ASW capability, which requires sensors like dipping sonar and sonobouys.... without those, there's no detection of subs; hence, no launching of torpedoes....

and regarding AShMs, not sure whether the chopper's radar supports those missiles or not.... and having C-701 missiles is a totally different story altogether....

So, AW-109 has both C-701 and torpedo facilities at this moment?

well, thats one way of thinking about it.... its surely more expensive..... but I kinda like the approach of getting something from other sources as well.... this ship has full Western electronics + the Otomats + Agustas, which make it a little better than a 100% Chinese built ship.... Chinese items are not at all bad; we do have most things from China and getting more of them.... even this ship has Chinese SAMs.... but perhaps keeping an odd thing within the force isn't a bad idea..... this ship is by far the most advanced thing in the BN..... that would keep our competitors guessing..... an x-factor, if you say....

It was far better and cheaper for BDs to go for F-22P Class ones with Z-9Cs.

Back
Top Bottom