What's new

Bangladesh Navy

Bangladesh Navy Cadets during training....

970081_582596088448044_1149306904_n.jpg

Bangladesh navy ship firing Anti-submarine Rocket:

944384_411421385632648_2116290524_n.jpg

Can some one explain about this sky flying anti-sub missile? I always thought anything anti-sub is fired underwater. So, please explain the function of this sky missile? How does it work and hit its target?

Can some one explain about this sky flying anti-sub missile? I always thought anything anti-sub is fired underwater. So, please explain the function of this sky missile? How does it work and hit its target?

the anti-sub missile(it can be anti-ship missile too) which goes through underwater is called torpedo :)

and the missile according to picture is something like following picture

090622_p04_SKorea.jpg

Presumably it dives underwater nearer the sub. One can only assume that it airborne initially to reduce the energy necessary to get to its target.

sub-marine tracking is too difficult.and if is a stealth submarine like hms vanguard its almost goes undetected.few years ago two submarine colide in north atlantic .one british one french. both were the stealth and both didn't even knew they were too close. i think antisubmarine airbourne like poseidon can take good counter measure.i'm not sure about the performance of these rockets or depthcharges.the kilo class is a deepsea submarine so idk how we gonna kill it ( no offence to the indians :p ) .burmese has no submarine .so we have no headche about them.but now the burmese have a headache we are having the subs :)

These are not missiles fired by the ship. These are fire and forget type MRLs.

A six tube system:

930.jpeg

A Russian 12 tube system firing rockets:

image_n%5C14a.gif

A Rocket (Background: hit a surfaced submarrine)

09MousetrapAntisubmarineRoc.jpg

Hey, do anyone know, what type of CIWS will be fitted in our custom type-056 corvette?

:lol: What Type-056 corvette? Till today there is no information about the Type-53H2 frigate. These deals did never happen. And you are day dreaming with the armament option of the Type-056 corvette!! :lol:

I know Bangladesh govt. is very secret regarding these issues of defence procurement, however, information leaks and comes to public medias. Haven't found any such media appearance of any type-056 corvette neither did the govt. or any other media ever discussed anything about the ship and you are arming them!!:hitwall:

:lol: What Type-056 corvette? Till today there is no information about the Type-53H2 frigate. These deals did never happen. And you are day dreaming with the armament option of the Type-056 corvette!! :lol:

I know Bangladesh govt. is very secret regarding these issues of defence procurement, however, information leaks and comes to public medias. Haven't found any such media appearance of any type-056 corvette neither did the govt. or any other media ever discussed anything about the ship and you are arming them!!:hitwall:

seriously no info about Type056 corvette ? and Type 53H3 frigate ? plz check info before i start riding on you :coffee:

These are not missiles fired by the ship. These are fire and forget type MRLs.

A six tube system:

930.jpeg

A Russian 12 tube system firing rockets:

image_n%5C14a.gif

A Rocket (Background: hit a surfaced submarrine)

09MousetrapAntisubmarineRoc.jpg

How do the ship target a sub. What i mean is Once a sub has been identified how are the missiles directed towards it? If its fire and forget are the missiles pointed at the general vecinity of the sub and lauched? Do the missiles somehow home in on the target based on sound or something? How does the ship confirm a kill?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom