What's new

Bangladesh Navy

The United States transferred five Defiant @MetalSharkBoats to the Bangladesh Navy that will increase its ability to counter smuggling, combat terrorism, and secure its maritime borders to support our shared vision for a free and open Indo-Pacific region. Deputy Chief of Mission Joel Reifman delivered remarks at the ceremony with Rear Admiral Tynch III of the U.S. Navy’s Seventh Fleet in attendance.

58686652_10156734612159807_166231353367461888_n.jpg

59608662_10156734612214807_5594624846446198784_n.jpg

The flagship of BN is just a frigate right? Any future plans to buy cruisers or destroyers?

Quick question guys.

Does anyone have the details regarding the 2008 Bangaldesh-Myanmar naval standoff.

As in what happnened to cause it.

And the Navy vessels deployed by both sides.

Wow.

Massive improvement in hardware for BN since that time.

All 3 vessels sent at that time were only armed with guns.

Now there are several missle armed vessels in the fleet.

Very nice to see.
i'm not sure, correct me if i'm wrong but i heard BNS osman was also deployed....

^^
ক্যাপ্টেন সিরাজী এইডা কি কৈলেন - ০৫৪ ক্লাস ?

DGDP awarded a contract to the Khulna Shipyard for 5 Padma Class (Batch II) coastal patrol craft. The Bangladesh Navy received 5 off Batch I in December 2013
View attachment 561011

#BDMIL
I am curious if there would be any improvement in sensors than the last batch. Considering there will be three more batches of them.

I am curious if there would be any improvement in sensors than the last batch. Considering there will be three more batches of them.

Possibly they will be same like those new IPV with RWS KSY delivered to BCG. Might get some more improvement.

cgs-sonar-bangla-launched-at-ksy.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom