What's new

Bangladesh Navy

47652660432_cfc956c280_k.jpg

This ship look better than the previous two... looks like something changed in the design.. ?

No design change but speculation is that we have a better radar in the last two.

The first two had Type 364 (SR-64 Seagull C) G-band [X frequency?] 2D air / sea search radar.

The recent batch has the SR2410C 3D multi-functional radar, which is a modular, highly reliable, countermeasure-resistant, medium-range air and surface surveillance system which enables surface/air search and fire-control simultaneously. More below (translated from Chinese):

SR2410C 3D multi-functional radar is a new generation of surface-to-air search radar for domestic surface ships. Its development has improved the target detection capability of navy surface ships and the competitiveness of naval surface ships in the international military trade market.

According to the information provided by the researcher CSIC, the SR2410C is an S-band all-weather multi-phase phased array three-coordinate radar for completing air/island warning, providing target indications for weapon systems, and ship-to-air missile fire control systems. Cooperate with the task of guiding the missile, and work with the enemy and the enemy to complete the identification of the enemy and me. Suitable for installation on mobile platforms (such as shipboard, vehicle platforms) or fixed stations.

For domestic surface ships, whether it is upgrading domestic low-light surface ships or exporting abroad, a new radar is needed to improve the detection capability. This is the SR2410C 3-coordinate radar.

The SR2410C radar uses a planar phased array antenna. There is also a long line antenna below it. The SR2410C radar antenna should use two-dimensional electronic scanning technology. After the beam detects the target, it can quickly turn around. Re-confirmation, which improves the radar target information update rate, can better combat high-speed, high-mobility targets and cluster target saturation attacks, and greatly improves the detection capability of domestic light-weight surface ships. It should be pointed out that China has successfully implemented compact ship-to-air missiles, such as the FM 3000 anti-aircraft missiles disclosed by Zhuhai Air Show. The missiles are small in size and light in weight. They use the latest active radar guidance technology, and the maximum interception distance can reach 30 kilometers, which is related to SR2410C. This comprises good multi-target interception capability, so that domestic light-weight surface ships have better anti-saturation attack capability.

Using the SR2410C radar and the FM 3000 missile, the two can be combined into a new generation of ship-to-air missile system. This system is installed on the domestic export-type medium-light surface ship, thus forming a mini anti-aircraft missile, which is for small and medium-sized country is very attractive and contributes to the export of domestic surface ships.

Here's a video (the sloppy narration and accent drove me up the wall but the information was rather accurate I'd say).

So we have four in the class built at Wuchang now, F111 thorugh F114,
I understand some will be built locally as well. :-)
Bangladesh Navy has received their second pair of new Type-056 Guided Missile Corvettes

কিছুক্ষন আগে বাংলাদেশ নৌবাহিনীর নতুন ২ টি Type-056 কর্ভেট চট্টগ্রাম নেভাল জেটিতে পৌছেছে।জাহাজদুটি গতমাসের শেষ দিকে বাংলাদেশের হাতে তুলে দেয়া হয়।

#DTB

Bangladesh Navy has received their second pair of new Type-056 Guided Missile Corvettes

কিছুক্ষন আগে বাংলাদেশ নৌবাহিনীর নতুন ২ টি Type-056 কর্ভেট চট্টগ্রাম নেভাল জেটিতে পৌছেছে।জাহাজদুটি গতমাসের শেষ দিকে বাংলাদেশের হাতে তুলে দেয়া হয়।

#DTB

I am guessing commissioning will happen soon.

Back
Top Bottom