What's new

Bangladesh Navy

I’m curious about the Type053H3.

Still no deliveries.

Is the deal still on?

^^
ক্যাপ্টেন সিরাজী এইডা কি কৈলেন - ০৫৪ ক্লাস ?
Key phrase should be improved. Sensors and electronics would be European.

I’m curious about the Type053H3.

Still no deliveries.

Is the deal still on?
We actually jumped the gun a bit. Those are coming. We mistook the SL one as BN one.

Anyway deal would be signed soon. Hope to see them by end of this year.

Key phrase should be improved. Sensors and electronics would be European.

We actually jumped the gun a bit. Those are coming. We mistook the SL one as BN one.

Anyway deal would be signed soon. Hope to see them by end of this year.

SL?

Wow.

Massive improvement in hardware for BN since that time.

All 3 vessels sent at that time were only armed with guns.

Now there are several missle armed vessels in the fleet.

Very nice to see.

Very much so. I often say these 10 years have completely changed the look of BN. The gap between where we were and where we are now is simply amazing.

3 old ships with guns in 2008... to submarines, naval air wing and almost ready to build frigates in 2019. Kudos to Navy leadership for foresight, planning, execution and most importantly ball$ to pull this off within just 10 years.

Very much so. I often say these 10 years have completely changed the look of BN. The gap between where we were and where we are now is simply amazing.

3 old ships with guns in 2008... to submarines, naval air wing and almost ready to build frigates in 2019. Kudos to Navy leadership for foresight, planning, execution and most importantly ball$ to pull this off within just 10 years.

Agreed.

Really impressive.

Now if we can just do the same with BAF......

We were talking about Type 53H3 variant with pennant Number 521 and 522 not the Lankan one.
521 & 522 still in active service with PLAN. The photos that were circulating here was mostly of the SL ones under refit. Even Chinese members comfirms that.

521 & 522 still in active service with PLAN. The photos that were circulating here was mostly of the SL ones under refit. Even Chinese members comfirms that.

Which is why I asked in the first place.

It doesn't look like those H3's are coming?

I dunno.

Which is why I asked in the first place.

It doesn't look like those H3's are coming?

I dunno.
No, Type 53h3 are coming. Remember DGDP even released tender few months ago? BN will sign the contract in June. So delivery will happen by end of this year.

What happened is what usually happens. Some of us heard additional units are coming for BN, and when pic of some type 53 in dockyard surfaced they mistook it for BN units.But how can they be when we didn't even sign contract? Someone even asked this same question.

Read back this thread, post from September/August most probably. The confusion will be cleared.

DGDP awarded a contract to the Khulna Shipyard for 5 Padma Class (Batch II) coastal patrol craft. The Bangladesh Navy received 5 off Batch I in December 2013
View attachment 561011

#BDMIL
IPV.jpg

Possibly they will be same like those new IPV with RWS KSY delivered to BCG. Might get some more improvement.

cgs-sonar-bangla-launched-at-ksy.jpg

The recently signed agreement is for the second batch but the last few in the first batch already got remotely controlled main gun as well as newer sensors. I believe the Coast Guard needs a total of 25 to be eventually built in batches of five each.

No, Type 53h3 are coming. Remember DGDP even released tender few months ago? BN will sign the contract in June. So delivery will happen by end of this year.

What happened is what usually happens. Some of us heard additional units are coming for BN, and when pic of some type 53 in dockyard surfaced they mistook it for BN units.But how can they be when we didn't even sign contract? Someone even asked this same question.

Read back this thread, post from September/August most probably. The confusion will be cleared.

BTW, BN should have gone for Type54 class or similiar. 53 is a little bit old design.

After purchase of the BNS Bangabandhu from Republic of Korea (South Korea) the Bangladesh Navy planned to purchase 4 new frigates based on the South African MEKO-200 (Valour class) guided missile frigates from Howaldtswerke-Deutsche Werft in Kiel, Germany.

However due to budgetary constraints the Bangladesh Navy was forced to purchase two Jianghu III and two Jiangwei II frigates from PLAN inventory. It also purchased four new Shadhinata class guided missile corvettes from China at the same time.

Now the frigate program is back with better budget, indigenous production and enlarged order.

https://www.forecastinternational.c...dTyiNVf11uA5-2ZnkRJazuLLnqrfmGt6NACMy5m-rvVdg

upload_2019-5-24_21-41-33.png

BTW, BN should have gone for Type54 class or similiar. 53 is a little bit old design.

Type 53H3 will come to increase the number of frigate, Type 54 is an option for future indigenous frigate program.

Back
Top Bottom