What's new

Bangladesh Navy

It's about the armaments. Do you think they will authorize selling weapons like Harpoon to us?

It may not be a possibility.

If they can't sell us the latest C-130J which is mostly a non-offensive platform (and which the Indians have) why would they sell us harpoons (Block II's I'm guessing)?

The Indians have the UGM-84L Harpoon Block II missiles (a dozen in canisters for their Arihant class submarines I believe). That may be a reason we're not going to get those.

Indians have deeper pockets.

When did bdmilitary say anything about p3 Orion!? I’ve seen the post in pdf

Why not P-8 from the getgo?

When did bdmilitary say anything about p3 Orion!? I’ve seen the post in pdf
The origin of the rumor is DTB; and they have some sort of relation wih BDmillitary; and i remeber BDmillitary saying that japan had offered us their "latest" MPA (back is 2016) so forgive me for beign skeptical of their "announcements"

Japan and Australia both are allies of India.... they are not likely to fund the hunting of Indian subs in the Bay of Bengal....
I dont think they are allies.
It may not be a possibility.

If they can't sell us the latest C-130J which is mostly a non-offensive platform (and which the Indians have) why would they sell us harpoons (Block II's I'm guessing)?

The Indians have the UGM-84L Harpoon Block II missiles (a dozen in canisters for their Arihant class submarines I believe). That may be a reason we're not going to get those.

Indians have deeper pockets.

BD is a LDC country.. Most of the time it is to avoid controversy at home for selling high tech equipment to ultra poor countries.

Expensive and murica won’t sell it to us.

The origin of the rumor is DTB; and they have some sort of relation wih BDmillitary; and i remeber BDmillitary saying that japan had offered us their "latest" MPA (back is 2016) so forgive me for beign skeptical of their "announcements"
Offered, sure. Those countries want to get rid of those aircraft as they’re nearly end life. But bd do not want to buy those

BNS Dhaleshwari F36 makes it to Port Blair for international naval drill "MILAN 2018"
Screenshot_2018-03-08-00-01-05.png

29027458_611163029238561_3074652231190970368_n.jpg

Correct - the Harpoon Block II's were for the Shishumar Class (Type 209). My bad.

Arihant carries the K15 SLBM.
As of right now it doesnt carry anything.

Expensive and murica won’t sell it to us.

Offered, sure. Those countries want to get rid of those aircraft as they’re nearly end life. But bd do not want to buy those
You can buy ASCM from Pakistan..

DD3F2BA7-3778-4F3B-BECD-18D8A9D04830.jpeg

6CA4B539-8071-4301-B525-7B87C0EE39B9.jpeg

Its a cousin of Tomahawk.. and brother of Babur CM series.

Also falls under MTCR
Alaka tension makawa... as if they gonna get it ..

Although Pak should/can produce short ranged versions for export market.. particularly for thr Gulf and perhaps asian (including central asian) states.

Back
Top Bottom