What's new

Bangladesh Navy

Myanmar Navy welcoming BD Navy members after BNS Prottoy a C13B class corvette reaches MM on a friendship visit.
BNS Prottoy in MM.jpg

Bangladesh recently ordered 18 High Speed Boat from Indonesia for BD Coast Guard. Including TOT it costs $6 million.
X12 High Speed Boat- Length 11.6m, Width 3.7m, speed 35 knots. These will be made of carbon composite materials, stronger than steel and lighter than aluminum. 9 units will be made in Indonesia and rest 9 boats will be made in BD.
X12 High Speed Boat.jpg

Bangladesh recently ordered 18 High Speed Boat from Indonesia for BD Coast Guard. Including TOT it costs $6 million.
X12 High Speed Boat- Length 11.6m, Width 3.7m, speed 35 knots. These will be made of carbon composite materials, stronger than steel and lighter than aluminum. 9 units will be made in Indonesia and rest 9 boats will be made in BD.View attachment 384480
Bro.....this story dates back to 2014!

Nov 29, 2015

Locally made X-12 High Speed Patrol Boats of Bangladesh Navy and Bangladesh Coast Guard are under sea trial.
Basic information :
--------------------------------
Manufactured by Dockyard and Engineering Works (DEW) Narayanganj, The X12 boats are 11.7 m long and 3.5 m in beam, draw 0.835 m of water, displace 10.2 tonnes fully loaded, and have a top speed of 35 kt. They have a waterjet propulsion system powered by two Volvo Penta engines producing 320 kW at 3,500 rpm, which drive the waterjets through ZF gearboxes. Electrical power is provided by two 6 kW Cummins diesel generators. The boats are equipped with two 765-litre fuel tanks.
The boats are fitted with two or more machine guns - one mounted amidships atop the cabin and the other(s) mounted aft on the deck. It has also a mast-mounted radar.
Initial order was 18 boats for both Bangladesh Navy and Coast Guard. The boats are used advanced composites in constructing the high-speed patrol boats to Bureau Veritas classification rules.

Bro.....this story dates back to 2014!

Nov 29, 2015

Locally made X-12 High Speed Patrol Boats of Bangladesh Navy and Bangladesh Coast Guard are under sea trial.
Basic information :
--------------------------------
Manufactured by Dockyard and Engineering Works (DEW) Narayanganj, The X12 boats are 11.7 m long and 3.5 m in beam, draw 0.835 m of water, displace 10.2 tonnes fully loaded, and have a top speed of 35 kt. They have a waterjet propulsion system powered by two Volvo Penta engines producing 320 kW at 3,500 rpm, which drive the waterjets through ZF gearboxes. Electrical power is provided by two 6 kW Cummins diesel generators. The boats are equipped with two 765-litre fuel tanks.
The boats are fitted with two or more machine guns - one mounted amidships atop the cabin and the other(s) mounted aft on the deck. It has also a mast-mounted radar.
Initial order was 18 boats for both Bangladesh Navy and Coast Guard. The boats are used advanced composites in constructing the high-speed patrol boats to Bureau Veritas classification rules.

its not just the hardware here.... Bangladesh-Indonesia relationship has come a long way in recent times.... the recent IORA Summit meeting in Jakarta was a ground-breaking thing for the Indian Ocean.... Bangladesh-Indonesia-Malaysia partnership has come up out of these two events - 1. Myanmar issue and 2. IORA Summit....

there is likely to be a lot more cooperation among these three countries, especially in the field of navy....
hope you know that Malaysians are helping Bangladesh Navy with submarine tugboat building and Bangladesh Coast Guard with HPB building....

the combined effect of all these is that India is fast becoming a mere watcher in Indian Ocean!! :sniper:

X12 High Speed Boat- Length 11.6m, Width 3.7m, speed 35 knots. These will be made of carbon composite materials, stronger than steel and lighter than aluminum. 9 units will be made in Indonesia and rest 9 boats will be made in BD.View attachment 384480
carbon composites aren't necessarily stronger than steel... their strength to weigh ratio is higer than steel.

watch this to understand its properties in a simple easier fashion. :)
i wished i had taken up engineering instead of medicine sometimes... if only we could reboot our life. :)

its not just the hardware here.... Bangladesh-Indonesia relationship has come a long way in recent times.... the recent IORA Summit meeting in Jakarta was a ground-breaking thing for the Indian Ocean.... Bangladesh-Indonesia-Malaysia partnership has come up out of these two events - 1. Myanmar issue and 2. IORA Summit....

there is likely to be a lot more cooperation among these three countries, especially in the field of navy....
hope you know that Malaysians are helping Bangladesh Navy with submarine tugboat building and Bangladesh Coast Guard with HPB building....

the combined effect of all these is that India is fast becoming a mere watcher in Indian Ocean!! :sniper:
emm, malaysia and Indonesia hate the guts of each other.

damn... we are getting too many patrol crafts just too many.... why is frigate purchase stalling....
Funny thing that I heard after first two 056 1300+ton corvette we supposed to build next two locally. But we ordered them instead and all of them are WithOut sonar system! Even our govt once said that they gonna recoup the cost of the corvette from UN missions. I think we may see local production of 3000+ton frigate at out Chittagong Dry Dock, skipping the corvette plan. I like to see other pdf members take on this matter.
Meanwhile enjoy a pic of our no sonar corvette.
056 class corvette.jpg

Funny thing that I heard after first two 056 1300+ton corvette we supposed to build next two locally. But we ordered them instead and all of them are WithOut sonar system! Even our govt once said that they gonna recoup the cost of the corvette from UN missions. I think we may see local production of 3000+ton frigate at out Chittagong Dry Dock, skipping the corvette plan. I like to see other pdf members take on this matter.
Meanwhile enjoy a pic of our no sonar corvette.View attachment 384569
i thought we're getting 8 corvette with4 built in china and the rest in bd....
3000+ ton frigate? :o we getting the base design from china or SK?

People, start discussing about the frigates.. that will soon start construction work at the Dry Docs. If the PM has mentioned this, then pretty sure we are almost there.

What are your expectations?

Back
Top Bottom