What's new

Bangladesh Navy

Boltu habibi,

I remember opening a thread here with a navy tender-copy that i found which mentions the development of C-704s locally. If that is true, then the shifting of this platform would make appropriate sense. And i hope that is true. Though i did not get any further information about it.

Cheers!!!

but that tender was about c-802!!

C 704 is effective against 1000 to 4000 ton ships.

Many of the ships from eastern naval command of the Indian navy and All of the ships of the Burmese navy fall under this category.

Thus maybe it is more cost effective than c802, therefore they used c 704 instead of c802

SWADS

MAlfc.jpg

450x321_q75.jpg

normal_Brifing_of_SOARD.jpg

Bangla+SWADS.jpg

C 704 is effective against 1000 to 4000 ton ships.

Many of the ships from eastern naval command of the Indian navy and All of the ships of the Burmese navy fall under this category.

Thus maybe it is more cost effective than c802, therefore they used c 704 instead of c802

C-704 has a range of 35 km and C-802 has 180 km. While there are many boats equipped with C-704 in BN, I don't see any need to use it on large ships like Castle class where C-802 fits well. Castle class type ships could be accompanied with boats equipped with C-704. I think we now need to concentrate on increasing the range of missiles. Implementing all versions of C-80X may accelerate this process, probably C-805 has a range of 500 km and Burma is now using more than C-802 and india has its frigate with 600 km range missile.

BTW, a missile of 35 km range doesn't capture enemy's shore, possibly this kind of boats fitted with C-704 type are better for face to face war. Perhaps, this process of fitting C-704 and in some cases replacing C-802 with C-704 made some relaxed :P .

C-704 has a range of 35 km and C-802 has 180 km. While there are many boats equipped with C-704 in BN, I don't see any need to use it on large ships like Castle class where C-802 fits well. Castle class type ships could be accompanied with boats equipped with C-704. I think we now need to concentrate on increasing the range of missiles. Implementing all versions of C-80X may accelerate this process, probably C-805 has a range of 500 km and Burma is now using more than C-802 and india has its frigate with 600 km range missile.

BTW, a missile of 35 km range doesn't capture enemy's shore, possibly this kind of boats fitted with C-704 type are better for face to face war. Perhaps, this process of fitting C-704 and in some cases replacing C-802 with C-704 made some relaxed :P .
Range by it self is useless if you don't have the reconnaissance capabilities needed to support targeting
C805 is as land-attack cruise missile, not an antiship missile.
I'm not aware of any 600km naval missile in IN: which are you referring to?

Exocets killing Sheffield and damaging Stark were 42km missiles....

Range by it self is useless if you don't have the reconnaissance capabilities needed to support targeting
C805 is as land-attack cruise missile, not an antiship missile.
I'm not aware of any 600km naval missile in IN: which are you referring to?

Exocets killing Sheffield and damaging Stark were 42km missiles....

While you're installing a middle/long range missile, you should have that reconnaissance capabilities. Definitely BN thought of this when they installed C-802 which is 180 km (heard they are going to establish datalink). C-80X is cruise missile can be used both as land attack and anti ship missile:
C-802 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BrahMos is a cruise missile IN installed on their frigates which has 300-500 km range according to wikipedia though somewhere else I read it has a range of 600 km:
BrahMos - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

While you're installing a middle/long range missile, you should have that reconnaissance capabilities. Definitely BN thought of this when they installed C-802 which is 180 km (heard they are going to establish datalink). C-80X is cruise missile can be used both as land attack and anti ship missile:
Your wiki says: "YJ-85 (C-805): Land-attack cruise missile variant of YJ-8 family, believed to be guided by GPS and TERCOM". It is listed under "short range land attack" at the bottom of the page. The source for that is Deagel, which says : "The YJ-85, C-805 export name, is a land-attack cruise missile variant of the YJ-8 anti-ship missile family. It is said that YJ-85 navigation system is based on a combination of GPS and terrain recognition. Overall performance of this land attack missile is close to the US SLAM which is, as well, a derivative of the Harpoon anti-ship missile. The YJ-85 may enter service with the People's Liberation Army Navy (PLAN) by 2010." YJ-85

is a cruise missile IN installed on their frigates which has 300-500 km range according to wikipedia though somewhere else I read it has a range of 600 km:
BrahMos - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
From your wikie "Though India had wanted the BrahMos to be based on a mid range cruise missile like P-700 Granit, Russia opted for the shorter range sister of the missile, P-800 Oniks, in order to comply with Missile Technology Control Regime restrictions, to which Russia is a signatory. Its propulsion is based on the Russian missile, and guidance has been developed by BrahMos Corp."

Mind you, the operational range of Oniks is `120 to 300 km depending on altitude´
P-800 Oniks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The range of Granit is 550 - 625 km but it is 10m long and weighs 10 tons!! The P-700 was in turn developed into the P-800 Oniks (and this into Brahmos, with Brahmos 3 being developed as yet smaller/lighter version for aircraft)
P-700 Granit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

also from your wiki
"BrahMos claims to have the capability of attacking surface targets by flying as low as 10 metres in altitude.[2] It can gain a speed of Mach 2.8, and has a maximum range of 290 km."
And
"An upgraded version of 290- km range BrahMos supersonic cruise missile was successfully test fired by India on 2 December 2010 from Integrated Test Range (ITR) at Chandipur off the Orissa coast."
and
´The 8.4 meter missile which can fly at 2.8 times the speed of sound is capable of carrying conventional warheads of up to 300 kg for a range of 290 km.´
and
´Sharing the information, BrahMos Chief A. Sivathanu Pillai said here that with this the organisation achieved the capability to attack aircraft carriers using the supersonic vertical dive variant of the missile that could travel up to 290 km´
and
´BrahMos-2 is a stealth hypersonic cruise missile currently under development.[6][77] and has a range of 290 km.[78] The range of Brahmos-2 has been regulated to 290 km as Russia is a signatory of the Missile Technology Control Regime (MTCR) which does not allow it to help other countries to develop missiles with ranges above 300 kilometres´

[/url]
Data link allows one to forward targeting information. It is not, however, a reconaissance asset which yields the data to be forwarded....

Back
Top Bottom