What's new

Bangladesh Navy

1z1d5aa.jpg

2vdk5co.jpg

BN swads

2wna0s5.jpg

why doesn't BDN going for subs ?
Is it bcoz of budgetary constraints or u guys r evaluating any right now???:what:

why doesn't BDN going for subs ?
Is it bcoz of budgetary constraints or u guys r evaluating any right now???:what:
BN was supposed to induct subs by 2009,but this govt. made it 2019.
Though for the last 5-6 years (or even more !!) BN personnels been receiving training on operating subs in Turkey,S.Korea and possibly in China also.

যুদ্ধজাহাজ তৈরি হল দেশে !
----------------------

???? ???? ??? ?????????? - ????? ???

শত্রুবিমান ও জাহাজবিধ্বংসী কামানসংবলিত যুদ্ধজাহাজ তৈরি হয়েছে খুলনার শিপইয়ার্ডে। খুলনা শিপইয়ার্ড লিমিটেডের সঙ্গে পাঁচটি যুদ্ধজাহাজ (কোস্টাল টহল জাহাজ) নির্মাণের চুক্তি করে বাংলাদেশ নৌবাহিনী। এরই অংশ হিসেবে একটি জাহাজের নির্মাণকাজ শেষ হয়েছে। অন্যগুলোর নির্মাণকাজ চলছে। এটি আনুষ্ঠানিকভাবে ৮ অক্টোবর নৌবাহিনীর কাছে হস্তান্তর করা হবে। হস্তান্তর অনুষ্ঠানে উপস্থিত থাকবেন পররাষ্ট্রমন্ত্র ী দীপু মনি।শিপইয়ার্ড লিমিটেডের উপমহাব্যবস্থাপক (অর্থ) ক্যাপ্টেন মতিউর রহমান প্রথম আলো ডটকমকে বলেন, ২৮৮ কোটি টাকায় পাঁচটি কোস্টাল টহল জাহাজ নির্মাণ করছে খুলনা শিপইয়ার্ড। দেশের ইতিহাসে এটি প্রথম। প্রতিটি জাহাজ নির্মাণে ব্যয় হবে প্রায় ৫৮ কোটি টাকা। চীন ওবাংলাদেশ নৌবাহিনীর বিশেষজ্ঞদের সহযোগিতায় দেশে এই প্রথম নির্মিত হচ্ছে যুদ্ধজাহাজ। এইমানের একটি জাহাজ বিদেশ থেকে আমদানি করতে ১০০ কোটি টাকার মতো ব্যয় হতো। নির্মিত জাহাজটি ৫০ দশমিক ৪ মিটার দীর্ঘ, ৭ দশমিক ৫ মিটার চওড়া এবং ৪ দশমিক ১ মিটার গভীরতাবিশিষ্ট। ওজন ২৫৫ টন। ঘণ্টায় এর গতিবেগ ২৩ নটিকেল মাইল। ক্যাপ্টেন মতিউর রহমান আরও জানান, এই জাহাজে ৩৭ মিলিমিটারের দুটি কামান ও ২৫ মিলিমিটারের দুটি বিমানবিধ্বংসী কামান (অ্যান্টি- এয়ারক্রাফট গান) রয়েছে। ৮ অক্টোবর আনুষ্ঠানিকভাবে জাহাজটি হস্তান্তর করা হবে নৌবাহিনীর কাছে। এ অনুষ্ঠানে উপস্থিত থাকবেন পররাষ্ট্রমন্ত্র ী দীপু মনি।

- MHJ ...

US marine copy-paste !!

34is6jn.jpg

Old & Rare Photo of BNS UMAR FAROOQ

wmdkwl.jpg

Seal vs Swad! what is the difference?? a few days ago someone ( an ex pilot of BAF) told me that BN commandos take their training from USA, not south korea!!!!

Seal vs Swad! what is the difference?? a few days ago someone ( an ex pilot of BAF) told me that BN commandos take their training from USA, not south korea!!!!
Well i am confused,a group of them surely gets trained in Korea and another group gets extensively trained by USA.I think i even saw a picture of some commandos taken in Turkey.
Btw, the two castle class ships have been refitted with new main gun and C-704s and all these were done locally.

speaking about coastguards, they should get a few more patrol boats. doesn't seem too strong at the moment

I think they will get the least attention in our modernisation plans. Furthermore, the authority of the coast guard overlaps with the navy, RAB and police who also does patrolling. Navy mostly patrols the seas and RAB and police mostly patrols the inshore areas.

Anyway i was hoping that the khulna class patrol vessel gets transferred to the coast guard instead of the navy. Its purpose is mostly patrolling. It would have a great asset for the coast guard

SEAL or SEAL/UDT is commando- SEAL stands for Sea, Air and Land ,the very best BN officials have this opportunity. Only one Lieutenant of BN is eligible to apply for SEAL. These applicants go through huge rigorous hard phases to be qualified for main SEAL courses which they win either in Korea or in China. These preliminary phases are so hard that people can't accept all the facts let alone the main SEAL course. For instance, one required qualification to apply for SEAL is CD (clearance diver) course...a course that takes only 5/6 weeks to complete but completing this one gets 14 pots of condensed milk and 2 pots of butter per month for whole life for physical reason :azn:. And for this CD there are pretests that people have to pass which are also unbelievable..this is why I told a bit ago "let alone the main SEAL course".

SWADS is an elite force of BN like other elite forces of BD say RAB, SSF. SWADS consists of SEAL commandos but never means only SEALs are the members, definitely non-commissioned ones can't be SEALs but they can be naval commandos.

That ex pilot of BAF definitely gave you a wrong information. BN has 2 types of commando- Naval Commando and SEAL. Naval Commando training is held in BD and not restricted to only officers, both sailors and officers can take it and for this the qualification phases are not so hard. As far as I know no personnel go to USA for commando training (about SEAL already told). In fact BN almost stopped random trainings for its personnel in west (USA,UK, Germany) long ago. Currently, maybe only some select personnel visit west for training but that shouldn't be commando type training.

Back
Top Bottom