What's new

Bangladesh Navy indigenous Frigate development program.

Ambitious project. Just as it should be. I would love to see the design when its ready. And all the best BD.

India is also planning on a super abtitious project with the design looking something like this. We have never done anything remotely close. Will be fun.
Mind you this is only an indicative design on the kind of stealth exterior we are going for.

@Aung Zaya your new corvette is really nice looking man. Beauty.
Indeed foolish and amateurish to assume the Myanmar are the bed partners of the Indians, they are pro Chinese by heart and race.:-):-):-):bunny::bunny::bunny:

It has haul mounted sonar and can be fitted with twoed sonar. Torpedo launchers are plug in, load, shoot. See the Chinese tv report. Your ignorant blah blah blabbering is amusing.:rolleyes:
Adding a bow sonar after the fact is possible but would require docking and 'hull surgery' . Same for the towed array/VDS. Torpedo launchers normally are mounted inside the superstructure near the flight deck: there are no hatches there now. So, I would have to disagree with the idea that it would be an easy refit with 'plug an play addition of weapons and sensor systems.

Compare C13B bow
BNS%2BSadhinota.jpg

With regular 056 bow
056+594+Huangpu++Type+056+594+%28Hull+18%29+is+launching+Type+056+corvette+launched+on+november+20th+in+Shanghai.056+586,+HD+4+Hudong+fyjs+01.11.13+%281%29Type+056+Jiangdao+Class+Corvette+056+HDCommissioned+by+Chinese+People%27s+Li+01.12.jpg

Compare C13B stern
2zqbvab.jpg

With 056A stern
20140620095213667.jpg

2016-11-20-la-marine-chinoise-multiplie-les-moyens-anti-sous-marins-18.jpg

ASW torpedo tube installation visible here (near FL3000N):
ffl580-02.jpg

Indeed foolish and amateurish to assume the Myanmar are the bed partners of the Indians, they are pro Chinese by heart and race.:-):-):-):bunny::bunny::bunny:
Well, their latest ships do incorporate sensor and weapon systems from India....

Last edited:
Indeed foolish to assume that t Myanmar are the bed partners with the Indians, they are pro Chinese by heart and race.:-):-):-):bunny::bunny::bunny:

This is BD defence section. A BD that is improving all of their indicators lately and starting ambitious defence projects. A bengali race that I associate with intellectual excellence and liberalism.

If YOU dont care about the quality of posting here beyond childish tripe, please dont blame others.

But indeed P18/C13B is without ASW fit and this is pretty ... shortsighted: even BNs 053H1/h2 have sonar and basic ASW weapons. Well, ... at least they have done something about the close in gun armament (if perhaps at the cost of ASW capability?). Anyway, these will come with some form of CMS, either similar to that on Durjoy or e.g. that used on F22P and/or C28A.
C13B was modified for Littoral warfare/Surface area denial. IMHO philosophically these are close to the original British Alvand Class design for the Iranian Navy. Major Design difference is present also Chinese used 2 extra diesel engine instead of gas turbines.

Adding a bow sonar after the fact is possible but would require docking and 'hul surgery' . Same for the towed array/VDS. Torpedo launchers normally are mounted inside the hull near the flight deck: there are no hatches there now. So, I would have to diagree with the idea that it would be an easy refit with 'plug an play addition of weapons and sensor systems.
Your observation is accurate as always. But I posted that on the Chinese TV report when the ships were launched. That report said this ship has some kind of sonar on the haul. Anyway though shortsighted, I think considering the role it is supposed to play & the modification it shows it might make sense to the BN guys.

I have a question though. How much the bulbous bow would effect the speed of the ship in a 'shoot & scoot' scenario? What do you think on the matter?

Last edited:
This is BD defence section. A BD that is improving all of their indicators lately and starting ambitious defence projects. A bengali race that I associate with intellectual excellence and liberalism.
Probably not directed against you, however against those Indian members repeatedly trolling and trying to derail the relevant posts in BD Defense threads. Thanks for your compliments.

C13B was modified for Littoral warfare/Surface area denial. IMHO philosophically these are close to the original British Alvand Class design for the Iranian Navy. Major Design difference is present also Chinese used 2 extra diesel engine instead of gas turbines.
But the Alvand class, as edlivered to Iran, had 1 × 3 barrelled Anti Submarine Mortar Mark 10 Limbo launcher. The firing of the Mortar Mk 10 was controlled by the British Type 170 (and later the Type 502) narrow beam attack sonar and Type 174, a medium range search sonars (giving slant range). They were refitted in the UK shortly before the 1979 Iranian Revolution. At which point 2 × triple 12.75 in (324 mm) torpedo tubes were installed and the Limbo mortar removed (and sonar likely changed).

Limbo is between Sea Killer launcher and stern gun.
irn6-L.jpg

1200px-IS_Alvand_%28F-71%29_1977.jpg

440px-IS_Sabalan_%28F-73%29_1977.jpg

478600_662.jpg

Here 324mm torpedo tubes have replaces the Limbo mortar
%25D9%2585%25D8%25A7%25D9%2586%25D9%2588%25D8%25B1%2B%25D8%25AF%25D8%25B1%25DB%258C%25D8%25A7%25DB%258C%25DB%258C4.JPG

But the Alvand class, as edlivered to Iran, had 1 × 3 barrelled Anti Submarine Mortar Mark 10 Limbo launcher. The firing of the Mortar Mk 10 was controlled by the British Type 170 (and later the Type 502) narrow beam attack sonar and Type 174, a medium range search sonars (giving slant range). They were refitted in the UK shortly before the 1979 Iranian Revolution. At which point 2 × triple 12.75 in (324 mm) torpedo tubes were installed and the Limbo mortar removed (and sonar likely changed).

irn6-L.jpg

BNS Shadhinota has ASW rocket launcher, so surely it has some submarine detection system
http://www.navyrecognition.com/inde...d-to-bangladesh-navy-by-chinese-shipyard.html

BNS Shadhinota has ASW rocket launcher, so surely it has some submarine detection system
http://www.navyrecognition.com/inde...d-to-bangladesh-navy-by-chinese-shipyard.html

BNS Shadhinota (F111) was launched in November 2014 and BNS Prottoy (F112) was launched in January this year.

Bangladesh C13B-class corvette retains most of the sensor and weapon systems found on board Chinese Navy Type 056 corvettes:
» 4x C-803 (export version of YJ-83) Anti-ship missiles (2 launchers with 2 missiles each)
» 1x FL-3000N (export version of AJK-10 / HQ-10) Surface to air missile launcher (8x missiles)
» 1x H/PJ-26 76mm main gun (similar to Russian AK-176)
» 2x H/PJ-17 30mm dual mode (auto/manual) remote controlled naval turret
The Bangladesh Navy corvette however will be fitted with one Type 730 CIWS and two Type 3200 ASW rocket launchers will replace the two triple torpedo launchers

Why so niking and picking

C-803, FL-3000, 730 CIWS, 3200 ASW will put this tiny ship anything but ahead of Burmese navy's 3000 ton super duper frigate.

irn6-L.jpg

440px-IS_Sabalan_%28F-73%29_1977.jpg

478600_662.jpg

Here 324mm torpedo tubes have replaces the Limbo mortar
%25D9%2585%25D8%25A7%25D9%2586%25D9%2588%25D8%25B1%2B%25D8%25AF%25D8%25B1%25DB%258C%25D8%25A7%25DB%258C%25DB%258C4.JPG
Yes I understand the obvious difference of a complete ASW suit between them. I should have said 'Alvandv vis a vis it's successor Mowj'. I was considering the surface denial philosophy working behind them. Like after the enemy entered the radar/missile range, they lock the target and fire one/multiple missiles & use all the engines to make a dash out of the area. Like a bigger version of a FAC, just in this case much bigger.
It's very puzzling that the bow mounted sonar wasn't installed. In my book Surface Area Denial & ASW suit aren't mutually exclusive. Then again AFAIK they still has a haul mounted sonar. And there is the ASW rockets. How do they use them if they don't have any sonar? Really Puzzling.

You can read on this old Sinodefence thread on Mowj Class Visa a vis Alvand Class.That if you haven't already.

https://www.sinodefenceforum.com/iran-finally-launched-mowj-destroyer-read-corvette.t2960/

Last edited:
BNS Shadhinota (F111) was launched in November 2014 and BNS Prottoy (F112) was launched in January this year.

Bangladesh C13B-class corvette retains most of the sensor and weapon systems found on board Chinese Navy Type 056 corvettes:
» 4x C-803 (export version of YJ-83) Anti-ship missiles (2 launchers with 2 missiles each)
» 1x FL-3000N (export version of AJK-10 / HQ-10) Surface to air missile launcher (8x missiles)
» 1x H/PJ-26 76mm main gun (similar to Russian AK-176)
» 2x H/PJ-17 30mm dual mode (auto/manual) remote controlled naval turret
The Bangladesh Navy corvette however will be fitted with one Type 730 CIWS and two Type 3200 ASW rocket launchers will replace the two triple torpedo launchers

Why so niking and picking

C-803, FL-3000, 730 CIWS, 3200 ASW will put this tiny ship anything but ahead of Burmese navy's 3000 ton super duper frigate.
:angel::angel::angel:

4x C-803 (export version of YJ-83) Anti-ship missiles (2 launchers with 2 missiles each)
prove that it's C-803. C-803 is only for PLA version.
well. so our ship will upgrade SAM and will replace 3 CIWS with 2 Kashtan. also putting RBU 6000 2 set. so where is ur small corvette lag behind ? i dont see anymore. lol :D

prove that it's C-803. C-803 is only for PLA version.
Watch the video which says it is by chinese media.

well. so our ship will upgrade SAM and will replace 3 CIWS with 2 Kashtan. also putting RBU 6000 2 set. so where is ur small corvette lag behind ? i dont see anymore. lol :D

Corvette is for corvette role. We are not upgrading it. You should make your ship a frigate first.
Kashtan/RBU 6000 will put your frigate as par with aircraft carrier. You better build a AC next time. ;)
It is too much of a low value asset.. unless you care for your sailor too much. I dont think you do... do you? :lol:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom