What's new

Bangladesh Military Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing to note is,its from Bdmilitary forum,so we need to wait for a more solid news first.

Secondly,why Mig-29 again?I am surprised.

Especially because it is too expensive to maintain migs.We have a history of grounding them.

And to counter the Burmese Migs,we should have gone for Su-27 although it is expensive to maintain too,but its better than Mig-29..

For now,All I can feel is that some people will make fortune out of this deal,if there's any.
14 mln per piece of mig-29. I think we should buy 28 more of them.

Idea!

Instead of spending more money for Bangladesh Army why not we spend more money for BDR?

Why not we are giving some technologies to BDR to monitor our border like UAV or else?

And why again Mig-29?

Well, try saying "WITH" and not "INSTEAD OF" in your first line....your words kind off look biased in your choice of words....dont take it otherwise....

Army should be given the first priority...its our main force...BDR will face the music first, agreed....but its the army that will be dealing with most of the battle....however, i believe spending on BDR is being done....BDR Special Forces use M-4 (i have seen the pics in one of the thread here somewhere) and we have got Otokar Kobra from Turkey as well......may be according to our decision makers, UAVs are better suited to army then BDR and thats why the former has them....

I may sound weird but, BDR first must be given the authority to react on any mishaps done by BSFs...not by flag meetings but the way that BSFs understand. Giving them UAVs wont solve the matter....they should first learn to deal with these primary problems....

However, as i said earlier, we have experience in flying Migs and additionally, Burma's move to procure 20 more Migs could be the major reason behind this decision.....

Cheers!!!:cheers:

Iajdani vai,

good point...but i was wondering....we could have mixed it...as we have much more money left, we should have tried for some Jf-17, given the quantity advantage we can get.....moreover, it would have enhenced the relation between pakistan and us.....

May be, the rest of the money could be going to repairs and upgrade and A2A missiles....

Cheers!!!

Iajdani vai,

good point...but i was wondering....we could have mixed it...as we have much more money left, we should have tried for some Jf-17, given the quantity advantage we can get.....moreover, it would have enhenced the relation between pakistan and us.....

May be, the rest of the money could be going to repairs and upgrade and A2A missiles....

Cheers!!!

Plus JF-17 has a modular structure....u could get upgrades and western configurations and isnt prone to any sanctions.

Iajdani vai,

Cheers!!!

Seems like 14 mln dollar mig deal is a better bargain than 20 mln doll jf-17 deal considering jf-17 never tested extensively.

Seems like 14 mln dollar mig deal is a better bargain than 20 mln doll jf-17 deal considering jf-17 never tested extensively.

Bro JF-17 saw action in waziristan and swat.
We have some pics of it on pdf also.As for 14 million its better to have a new modular jet whose even in infancy is being compairable to an mig 29...which couldnt be upgraded further in future.While JF-17 will carry u easily into another 2 decades.As its just born.

If we have the money for maintaining 28 Migs,then why not buy 18 Su-27 SKM version,the latest version.Russia still use Su-27s as its main fighter.

And Su-27 has proved to be superior in combat against Mig-29s,I am referring to Ethiopia-Eritrea war.Since we need to buy to counter Burmese move,why not buy the better one?

Also it will be interesting to see which variant will be ordered,if the deal is actually taking place.I hope its SMT version,rather than some old A or B version.

If we have the money for maintaining 28 Migs,then why not buy 18 Su-27 SKM version,the latest version.Russia still use Su-27s as its main fighter.

And Su-27 has proved to be superior in combat against Mig-29s,I am referring to Ethiopia-Eritrea war.Since we need to buy to counter Burmese move,why not buy the better one?

Also it will be interesting to see which variant will be ordered,if the deal is actually taking place.I hope its SMT version,rather than some old A or B version.

Hi,
Sir tht will cost 30 million$ per unit and other expences another problem.At tht price u can buy 2 mig 29s and still save 2 million dollars.
It would be better if u buy mig 29 or modular JF-17.

Not sure.. may be 14 mln dollar was too good of a offer to resist. So they dropped su-27.

MIG 29 or Su-27 whatever it is
I am sure that the pakistanis and Indians r feeling jealous of us..

Last edited by a moderator:
DO you see any buyers for the JF-17? !!!!!!
Why should Bangladesh buy such junks?
Just to maintain relations with Pakistan?
relation with pakistan will not improve until they officially apologize for the atrocities they had committed in 1971

I am sure that the pakis and Indians r feeling jealous of us..

One advice:

Do not troll here,you will last longer.

No one's feeling jealous of us for some handful of Migs.

And as for Jf-17,if we can use F-7,A-5,chinese frigates,Chinese tanks...then why not Jf-17 or FC-1?Jf-17 is also a Chinese product,remember that.

And before calling Jf-17 junk,please take a look at our old and nearly obsolete F-7 MBs.

I am sure that the pakis and Indians r feeling jealous of us..

LOL, Who cares you? Neither India nor PK has any time for your tiny unlucky BD. It must be pathetic for you if you think that you so important but in reality you are not. BD has just a big market and population, nothing else. Mind it, you can not produce even a car, so stop you big mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom