What's new

Bangladesh massively depends on India

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fair and unbiased moderator @Loki once banned me for a month for using these exact words-- "the jamatis on this forum". I am not kidding, this is true. Well he didn't exactly ban me for a month but it was my third infraction, but he knew that I'd be banned for a month. Apparently that was a personal attack against the members although I didn't even mention any particular member. Now where are you Mr. Moderator? :lol:

Don't expect it from moderators. They will not take any action. They only take action if someone says the same about Pakistan. If you say Pakistan is an asshole (no offense) within second you will be banned. Recently I just said in humor that 'Its surely a RAW conspiracy to Pakistan'. I said it in '5 million Indian DTH in Pakistan' thread. I got a warning and 1 week ban from the forum for it. I got an email saying you are warned for violating forum rules by saying 'RAW conspiracy to Pakistan'.

You can say India is pubic hair, Bangladesh is asshole the moderators will not take any action. I am disappointed with this one sided attitude from moderators.

Pakistani moderators most of the time are neutral, more neutral than any other forum in the interweb. However I can't say the same about BD moderator. He managed to bestow me 7 or 8 points in very short span of time for flimsy reasons at best. I was awarded points because of calling a guy who's supporting jamat, jamati! I mean what the heck, Jamat is political party in BD, and if we go by BD members jamat is consists of most well organized, disciplined and educated members among BD parties, so what's wrong calling someone who supports jamat, a jamati. It's like calling a congress supporter, congressi or RSS supporter hinduvta!

He definitely has issues!

'Proud to be an Indian dalal"......sigh...... a cancer to society!

Good question raised if it is double standard by PDF Bangladeshis. No it's not double standard.

Reasons:

1. We do not get these free.
2. US nuked Japan, does Japan stopped trading with USA?
3. China has issues with Japan and US, did china stopped trading with them or vice verse.
4. People are moving into Hollyhood, you are clung with Bollyhood yet?
5. Many countries hate US, not hollyhood.
6. We buy from India does not mean we can not sustain with out Indian export, in fact, they can't bear the lost of BD market, such a huge market. It;s about mutual benefit and economics.

continuing........

7. We have Thiland, China, Burma, and PK to get our grains and foods imported, may be import cost would be higher, but if BD-India relation reaches futher more worse to some extant, we dont mind paying some extra for our foods.

8. We are not extremist or mean minded that we would stop buying our neighbors goods unless some war breaks out. But on the other hand, India is mean minded, that it puts hundreds excuses and barriers when BD wants to export into India..

continuing........

9. What do you think why so many people died at the hands of BAL? Because they are suppressed to nail Indian hegemony and Hippocracy. Once BAL is oust and people get more aware through the main steam media, people would think to use Indian products less.

10. Once we get a route to China through Burma and get the Burmese lands for agriculture lease, we wont have to depend on India do rice, onion or Dals. For that we would need a freindly relation with Burma and future strategic plan for the sake of BD's future food security. Who knows if India raise the price in future.

continuing.........

11. Where people dies more in hunger and poverty? huh you clueless genius, India or BD? And you say we depend on India.

12. I never used bal but BAL [Bangladeshs Awami League], using slang works do not work.

continuing.........

13. If India is friendly why India does not allow BD channels, because they feel insecure, and on the other hand, we being more generous are loosing our cultural and social values, our families are splitting today.

14. You are talking about multinational franchise in BD run by Indians, tell me how may multinational companies run in India without severe bureaucratic conditions and barriers in India, Coke, Chain retail shops, fast foods? On the other hand BAL has given free hand to Indian companies in BD in illegal way in last 5 years.

15. About electricity import from India, well India got electric cable connectivity and transit which is why India exports current here, and its was also an unbalanced deal between Indina nd BAL.

Finished
You are wasting your time...the last sentence in his statement(Even the worst of a BAL supporter wouldn't say that out loud) sealed the deal.....but I have a gut feeling he is a NRI living in BD(like Soms) fucking around in PDF!NOT ONE CITIZEN OF BANGLADESH(EVEN SHW) WHO HAS AN INCH OF SELF RESPECT WOULD SAY WHAT HE SAID!

Last edited:

Don't @ him. He will not take action. I also think Pakistani moderators are much neutral in this forum. Here in BD forum Jamaatis dominate. So if you say such comments they will generally give you thumbs up. If you want to @ someone just @ to any Pakistani moderator. They are not as biased as BD moderator here.

You are wasting your time...the last sentence in his statement(Even the worst of a BAL supporter wouldn't say that out loud) sealed the deal.....but I have a gut feeling he is a NRI living in BD(like Soms) fucking around in PDF!NOT ONE CITIZEN OF BANGLADESH(EVEN SHW) WHO HAS AN INCH OF SELF RESPECT WOULD SAY WHAT HE SAID!

Objectively speaking, what he said is but truth. Bangladesh is indeed massively dependent on India and he actually posted proofs to back his claim. I also read some rebuttals but they were weak and emotional and lacking rationale. For example someone said that they will import wheat from China through Myanmar! The absurdity is such that it doesn't even worth a reply.

So instead of indulging in ad hominem and speculating his identity, why don't you actually prove him wrong with cold, hard facts!

Objectively speaking, what he said is but truth. Bangladesh is indeed massively dependent on India and he actually posted proofs to back his claim. I also read some rebuttals but they were weak and emotional and lacking rationale. For example someone said that they will import wheat from China through Myanmar! The absurdity is such that it doesn't even worth a reply.

So instead of indulging in ad hominem and speculating his identity, why don't you actually prove him wrong with cold, hard facts!

As I said before when they can't reply properly their only way to reply is by attacking me in posts.

Last edited:
Don't @ him. He will not take action. I also think Pakistani moderators are much neutral in this forum. Here in BD forum Jamaatis dominate. So if you say such comments they will generally give you thumbs up. If you want to @ someone just @ to any Pakistani moderator. They are not as biased as BD moderator here.
kid ..don't want to sleep......good night...........good fight keep it up

No offence, but some of the reactions made by the anti-Awami leaguers seemed like same as the victim makes upon spraying the holy water during exorcism. You can blame Awami league for their pro-Indian policies but shooting the messenger looks too unprofessional, which in fact is a quite common practice here.

1.Bangladesh is a primarily rice eating nation(as you might know)......Wheat(costlier than rice) is mainly used for bread.....a luxury food for breakfast.....not eaten by most Bangladeshis(who are poor and live in villages and depend on rice for all three meals)(You might know it since you are a Bengali yourself).

2.Bangladesh consumes(or it did in 2009....it does more now) 23940 MW electricity(most of which it produces)(Bangladesh Electricity - consumption - Energy).........do you seriously think BD is going to shutdown without 500 MW??Yes India is the largest exporter of electricity to Bangladesh....but it would be foolish of anyone to think that BD 'massively depends' on India for its need.

3.We all know how much India loves our cattle traders....so lets not go there and derail the thread with another argument.

4.You see here the op cleverly changes his statement from the title of his news(He did it once before to 'prove' Israel not only was the first country to recognize BD but they did recognized Bangladesh twice.*I will link you to that in a later edit*).
The news says Indian clothes flood Lalmonirhat(a border district) during eid time(I think we both know most of them are smuggled by Indians from your side of the border to make some good money).But the op here changes his statement to Indian clothes flood Bangladesh(now don't go around saying Lalmonirhat is in BD.....because we both know that his statement implies that Indian clothes satisfy the needs of BD{a bigger entity} instead of Lalmonirhat{A smaller entity}).It would be foolish of anyone to think that Bangladesh(a country that is reputated for cheap clothes) would depend on Indian clothes.

5.Bollywood craze...it is popular.....don't think you can actually call it a dependency.....won't even going to explain it!

6.Airtel....there are two things to understand here....First of all there are other networks like Grameenphone(Bangladesh-Norway) and Teletalk(Bangladesh) which have way more users than Airtel......2nd of all it would be wrong to think Bangladeshis started buying Airtel for their love of India would be wrong.....because Airtel basically bought an old existing network and user-base form Warid(UAE)....Warid has operated in BD for a long time and their users form the biggest chunk of today's Airtel(which is pretty new in BD) users.Airtel currently has 7-8% of our market share AFAIK.

7."All the multinational chains in BD are managed by Indians"....I don't know whether he is misinformed,blinded by love or just outright lying for the sake of it.....but I don't think that is true(he hasn't provided any evidence for his claim).....but he gave us a picture of Pizza Hut....which has nothing Indian about it since it is an American company and Transcom(A Bangladeshi company) manages it in BD.

8.90% of Bangladeshis use Unilever....he might be true...don't know about it but Unilever products are extremely popular.....BUT he has again provided wrong information(or lied) about Unilever Bangladesh's origin as a subsidiary of Hindustan Unilever.....I went to its wiki page and it mentions nothing relating to Bangladesh(which would be one of its largest market) in Hindustan Unilever wiki....Then I went to Unilever Bangladesh(UBL as they call it)'s page....and this is what it says in the last paragraph of their 'About Us' section:
UBL is a Joint Venture of the Government of Bangladesh and Unilever, one of the world’s leading suppliers of fast moving consumer goods with strong local roots in more than 100 countries across the globe. Unilever holds 60.4% share in UBL.
Source:Introduction to Unilever Bangladesh | Unilever

9.90-95% channels in BD are Indians......Wrong....he has not provided any credible source to back up his claim......Besides if he knows how to use a DTH system he would know he can actually pick and choose what he wants to watch.....and If he watches Indian channels day and night he can't make the same assumption about the rest of the country(most of which does not own a television let alone have satellite connection to watch foreign channels).

10.Apollo Hospital is the only foreign Hospital operating in Bangladesh......but it would be wrong to think that it is the best in the business....Specially with other's like Square,United,BIRDEM in the business!

11.*MOST IMPORTANT POINT*The OP's love for India comes from investment by private corporations(who reap the benefit of those investment) in a capitalist world..... But he thinks these are signs that India loves us and are helping us.....I have seen and (pointed out before) op's inability to separate foreign trade and foreign relations......his inability to distinguish between the relationship between a buyer and seller and two brothers.And you see that I mean when OP brings up Airtel and Tata Sky in as evidence of close foreign relations and brotherly love.The OP is not only foolish but an example of a sell-out.

I know our replies wont make him learned, because he himself cant respect him, actually my replies were not for him, but for others who are against him and agree with me in some points, also for them who may be misguided by him.

I remember I previously said a few times that I am pro-pakistani, but not at the cost of humiliating BD or common Bangladeshis, I remember I fought with PK members here also when I tried to say them common Bangladeshis think Pakistanis are extremists.

And what can be expected from a super Bollwood fan who sent gift to Awashariya as he said in another post. /'''''////.........lol, , I was a big big fan of washim akram, and when I saw him just from one foot away, I saw people were asking for his autograph, and Wakram was willingly giving them autographs, I could have asked for an autograph, but I felt that why would I take an autograph of him, some short of ego also worked in me.

I just hate BAL too much so I can not appreciate my own country always, for the people like him.

Last edited:
I guess the OP needs to understand the meaning of the word "dependence" first before opening such troll threads. We would become dependent only when there is no other option left which is not the case here. Not to mention the false information that has been used by OP to justify his absurd claim. The below post by BDforever explains it pretty well.

1. India exports highest portions of wheat to Bangladesh: tell me who gets the money ? do you know that very limied bangladeshi product have access in India where india has other products, Lucas battery from Bangladesh got banned in india because it was taking all indian products' market. Even after deal our garment products are not getting duty free in India.
2. India exports 500 MW electricity to Bangladesh: Do you know that India got free transit for this ? and also do you know that 500 MW is not that much ?
3. India informally sends millions of cattle, camel and goat to Bangladesh during Eid ul Adha : Again because India gets money, do you realize that how many indianss livelihood depends on it ?
4. Indian clothes flood Bangladesh during Eid: did you mean woman dress ? yes thats true. For boys (except you half lady) prefer thai brand for pant and deshi brand for T-shirts, Panjabi etc
5. Bollywood craze in Bangladesh: bollywood craziness is not that much (except some woman), bring statistics
6. 8.3 million Bangladeshis use Bharti Airtel sim cards: do you know how many bangladeshis uses sim cards ? and do you know that maximum people uses duel sim cards ?
7. 90% Bangladeshis use Unilever Bangladesh products (subsidiary of Hindustan Unilever): Do you know that Hindustan Unilever also a subsidiary ? do you know that is an Anglo–Dutch multinational consumer goods company ?
and lastly your claim is totally absurd because you have no idea about companies. here is for you:
UBL is a Joint Venture of the Government of Bangladesh and Unilever, one of the world’s leading suppliers of fast moving consumer goods with strong local roots in more than 100 countries across the globe. Unilever holds 60.4% share in UBL.v source : Introduction to Unilever Bangladesh | Unilever**** i really doubt your educational qualification.
8. All the multinational chains are managed by Indians in Bangladesh: Totally absurd again, I know some bangladeshis who are running multinational chains.
9. Almost 90 to 95% channels in Bangladesh are Indian channels. If any cable operator wants to air English channels they use INDIAN DTH: 1. First tell me now many bangladeshi channels are present currently in bangladesh ? 2. It depends on you, i am sure you have 1 or 2 bangladeshi channel at home and watch indian serial of multiple love affairs, multiple marriage, how to do politics against own family member to harm him/her.
Note: I never seen such a$$ licker in my life, kid how old are you ?

India has saved BD from western wing of Pakistan and acted as savior to help Bengalis in liberation struggle.

Frankly, posts like "Bangladesh exists because of India", "India saved Bangladesh from the evil Pakistanis" just undermine the contribution of our freedom fighters who didn't even hesitate to give up their lives or the birangonas who lost their honor just for the sake of this nation, to make it "independent". Whenever an Indian comments like this, I tend to protest them, not because I'm ungrateful to India, but to show the real facts, India did help us but does it really deserve to be termed as a "savior" for us? Then what did the freedom fighters do? Also, doesn't India's involvement in the war coincide with their own self interest? I never believe that a true Bangladeshi would perceive a similar thought to what you posted.

1.Bangladesh is a primarily rice eating nation(as you might know)......Wheat(costlier than rice) is mainly used for bread.....a luxury food for breakfast.....not eaten by most Bangladeshis(who are poor and live in villages and depend on rice for all three meals)(You might know it since you are a Bengali yourself).

This import from India is temporary, we are leasing cultivable lands in Africa, soon they will start to produce rice, wheat and other crops and will be exported to Bangladesh.

Bangladesh to lease Sudanese farmland

Bangladesh to get 60,000 hectares for farming in Uganda

New Age | Newspaper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom