What's new

Bangladesh is getting closer to Eurofighter Typhoon

India won't attack BD - what is the reason for India to attack BD unless you do so? If your defence spending per capita is much less, then you could spend more on border patrol and stop illegal activities on the border. It's a common knowledge that there is lot of cross-border stuff going on in Assam/Tripura etc., Get drones, erect barbed wire electrical fences, stop illegal border movement and business. Benefits both countries. Realistically when was last time BD was ever threatened by external military/air force (India/Myanmar) ?

Nobody in India ever trusted Pak even before hiduvta started spreading. Dislike and distrust for Pak is not something new or related to hinduvta.
Hinduvta just makes it easier for jobless people to hate everything other than their own ideas, Pak issue is even older than hinduvta ideology.

We hate India and Hindus even if you weren't hindutva, but hindutva extremism is indeed a threat to all South Asia

Pakistan may have planned regardless but other countries cannot ignore that hindutva threat now

Bangladesh being prime example
Are Bangladeshi supposed to work with or support a hindutva extremist communal state?

Great news!

Just buy it.

And get to work.

All good developments for Bangladesh.

Who would have even imagined just a few years ago that we would be having this discussion?

The fact that BAF is transitioning to the West for new build airframes is monumental.

And InshAllah as the economy improves further, more options are possible and sustainable economically.

@Yasser76 is correct in that the learning curve is steep in regards to effective employment of Typhoon with regard to the current capabilities of BAF.

But is it that different from Hungary or Czech Republic when they went from Mig-21s to Gripens?

No matter what platform BAF bought, the fact that it is Western is a major improvement from the past.

And yes, Bangladesh needs the capability given its neighbors.

Typhoon would be the premier combat aircraft in South Asia.

Threat? What will India realistically gain by attacking Bd? The world will condemn the action and levy sanctions, India will have to deal with a huge population that will turn 100% anti-India in one day with armed Insurgencies springing up. BD doesn't have any such strategic, geo political importance to it that will make us attack, nothing we can't get done by friendly relations with the government in power.
Thats the problem my friend

People in BD dont want a government in dhaka that is friendly with india.

Any Govt from now on who is friendly with india will be seen as a under the closet hindu by BD people

Sad but true.

Threat? What will India realistically gain by attacking Bd? The world will condemn the action and levy sanctions, India will have to deal with a huge population that will turn 100% anti-India in one day with armed Insurgencies springing up. BD doesn't have any such strategic, geo political importance to it that will make us attack, nothing we can't get done by friendly relations with the government in power.
India will attack Bangladesh on the pretext of 'saving the Hindu minority'. Plain and simple.

Whether Bangladesh has any strategic, geo-political importance to India is another talk, but the reality is India already acting aggressive against Bangladesh. Best manifestation of this aggressiveness can be clearly seen in your domestic politics where vitriol against Bangladesh is now routine. Many of your hindubadis are salivating blood, perceiving Bangladesh to be the weakest target.

India will attack Bangladesh on the pretext of 'saving the Hindu minority'. Plain and simple.

Whether Bangladesh has any strategic, geo-political importance to India is another talk, but the reality is India already acting aggressive against Bangladesh. Best manifestation of this aggressiveness can be clearly seen in your domestic politics where vitriol against Bangladesh is now routine. Many of your hindubadis are salivating blood, perceiving Bangladesh to be the weakest target.
It will be the other way around.

Low- medium intensity border conflict. Serves BJP anti muslim propaganda and also can show their supporters that they are doing something to fight the muslim menance. Also this helps to cut BD's economic growth.

Indo BD border will turn into LOC in a few years if BJP remains in power.india knows if they occupy dhaka thats it. Full blown insurgency that will spread all over india that the already stretched indian security forces will not be able to control. Add this to the already current insurgency going on in india. You have recipe for disaster for the indian union. So i have doubt that they will invade bd proper. The know the cost. Much easier to have a low- medium intensity conflict at the border which, the IA and BSF will feel they can control.

Sad. Using religion for political gain

Last edited:

Any Govt from now on who is friendly with india will be seen as a under the closet hindu by BD people

Sad but true.
Well in that case it can't be helped, hindus are not going anywhere and if being a Hindu is a threat to BD then well prepare on.

Though many in India want us to take active measures to saveguard minorities in our neighbors, still it has only manifested as acts to fast track citizenship.
The last time we attacked to saveguard a populace we were protecting muslims from muslims.
If all hindus are really salivating for blood there wouldn't be 2nd highest population of muslims in our country.
I do get bangladesh has all the right to prepare a good military for defence but posing India as a threat for that buildup doesn't add up.

Well in that case it can't be helped, hindus are not going anywhere and if being a Hindu is a threat to BD then well prepare on.
As i said

Everything was fine till you elected BJP and they started labelling bangladeshis as "termites"

It is india that has decieded to make an enemy of BD when they elected BJP.

Sad but true.

If the people don't like India they can stop coming to India and stop doing all businesses with us. BD govt can't force it's people to do business with India.
If you come to Bangalore/Chennai, you will notice scores of bangladeshis specially in hospitals. Tons of people from bangladesh visit India specially for treatment. So much so that I have seen bangla speaking counters/receptionists in hospitals in Bangalore. You won't find any other specific language counters like Telugu, Tamil, Assamese etc., but specially bangla counter as most people who visit can't speak any other Indian language other than bangla. Point I am trying to make is that bangladesh people have lot to lose if they want to fight against India.

I don't think any Indian poster have spoken aggressively against BD, but you see the other way around. Don't you wonder who is looking for trouble.

If the people don't like India they can stop coming to India and stop doing all businesses with us. BD govt can't force it's people to do business with India.
If you come to Bangalore/Chennai, you will notice scores of bangladeshis specially in hospitals. Tons of people from bangladesh visit India specially for treatment. So much so that I have seen bangla speaking counters/receptionists in hospitals in Bangalore. You won't find any other specific language counters like Telugu, Tamil, Assamese etc., but specially bangla counter as most people who visit can't speak any other Indian language other than bangla. Point I am trying to make is that bangladesh people have lot to lose if they want to fight against India.

I don't think any Indian poster have spoken aggressively against BD, but you see the other way around. Don't you wonder who is looking for trouble.
Yes but PDF members are not cabinet ministers in BD

But your own cabinet ministers are spouting venom against BD left right and centre. Your own BJP president called BD's termites.

The difference between india and bangladesh is that

BD has never elected online trolls or terrorists to government.

India has elected both online trolls and terrorists to govt.

I hardly blame bangladeshis for their protests against narendra modi. This never happened when other indian PM or presidents visited. All whom by the way were hindus i.e. pranab mukherjee who was welcome with open arms in dhaka.

And no BD has nothing to lose by standing upto india.

The bengali muslim never bowed down to the british( then superpower), nor to Yahaya Khan's junta. They will never bow to the bastard children of the british( RSS+ BJP) either. You may beat them, bend them, but they will never break nor will they bow.

So go take your virtues and cash alse where.

You started this when you elected terrorists to your highest offices.

Last edited:

If we visit India for medicare ,then you sell it to us. You are not doing charity. Medical tourism is one of India's leading business. So win win situation for both.

Yes Indian posters are angles from heaven. :sarcastic:

As they say in the US, Bangladesh is just keeping up with the Jones, the Smiths, and other neighbors. Prevention is important in international relations. Procuring a top flight fighter -- especially from the West -- would show the world Bangladesh has arrived and should be taken seriously.

Nevertheless, if there's one thing Bangksdesh should focus on is creating a strong navy that will keep it's vital trade route open.

If we visit India for medicare ,then you sell it to us. You are not doing charity. Medical tourism is one of India's leading business. So win win situation for both.

Yes Indian posters are angles from heaven. :sarcastic:

Obviously win-win situation, did I say otherwise?

And looking at you guys who want a war with India, I think Indian posters are actually rational in comparison.

Yes hindus won't go anywhere unless BJP provoke some of them.

And also hindus are no thread of Bangladesh, but hindutva is.

And that's why we are preparing. That's why we must choose EFT and never Rafale since India has it.

I think our armed forces aren't short sighted like PDF armchair generals who are whining about spending money.

Then tell me genius, why Austria operate Eurofighter Typhoon? why Kuwait and Qatar ordered them? These three countries are far smaller than Bangladesh in geographic size.

Regarding advanced warning, none of the Indian or Bumese air base hugging our border. They are located hundreds of km away. If an enemy fighter jet take-off from an airbase 100 km from our border and our radar detect it, it give us good 10 minutes time to react before it even enter our airspace. Fighter jet's cruising speed is much lower than maximum speed attainable which is around Mach 2.0.

Firstly Austria, Kuwait and Qatar have a history of operating high end western jets "genius".

Austria simply needs air policing. Kuwait pretty much the same, Qatar is actually looking to match the air capability of it's neighbours. All three have much much more money then BD too.

Bangladesh has never operated a high end western fighter, it has not modern ADGE or AEW to support it.

An IAF Rafale could take off from Kailikunda and the moment it is airborne could target aircraft in Bangladesh airspace, or (if they felt like it), just park a S-400 outside Kalkota and effective cover most of Bangladesh.

It is a no win situation.

Maybe next time think about things before the fanboy impulse hits you, and try and be less patronising.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom