What's new

Bangladesh:Gunfight at BDR headquarters

The New Nation - Internet Edition

All BDR jawans of Lalmonirhat 31 Rifle Battalion acquitted
UNB, Lalmonirhat

All the 15 BDR jawans of Lalmonirhat accused of February 26-27 rebellion were acquitted by the court yesterday.

Additional district and sessions judge Mohammad Abu Sufian passed the order acquitting them from the charge of rebellion during the massacre in Peelkhana BDR headquarter that left 74 people dead including senior Army Officers.

The judge in his order gave the prosecution 15 days time to appeal against the judgment.

In the event of appeal and the higher court upholds the judgment,

they should be freed and handed over to BDR.

Officer-in-charge of Lalmonirhat sadar thana H M Foyzur Rahman filed the case on May 11 against 15 BDR jawans of 31 Rifle Battalion stationed in Lalmonirhat. They were arrested and sent to jail hajot.

Feels heavenly, to tap that keyboard, isn't it? ... Care free world, where we don't need to answer any question's, just tap tap tap.

Yes, the forum posters do not have to identify themselves, they do not have to face the wrath of the population or face a court, and they do not have to say any responsible words. A poster is free to lament against the independence of his own country.

He is also free to see RAW bugs in every nook and corner, and in the shadows of all the trees. By typing the same bla bla bla things in every post, these posters of BD disgrace their own country and also degrade the quality of this great forum.

23 fugitive BDR men linked to DG killing

BIBHAS CHANDRA SAHA and ASRAFUL HUQ

Most of the 23 fugitive border guards were directly involved in the killing of the then director general (DG) of the Bangladesh Rifles (BDR) Maj Gen Shakil Ahmed, Criminal Investigation Department (CID) sources confirmed.

The BDR jawans also killed Shakil's wife Naznin Shakil Apu, their guests Col Delwar and his wife Lovely Begum and their two domestic helps at their government residence inside the Peelkhana BDR headquarters on February 25 and 26.

A total of 75 people, including 56 army officers, were killed in the massacre.

The absconding members of the paramilitary force led the killings, looting the armory, exploding grenades, and setting fire to the houses, vehicles and other property, the CID sources said. The BDR jawans fled the Peelkhana soon after carrying out the massacre inside the border guard headquarters.

It is impossible to know some vital information regarding the plot of the massacre until arrest of the fugitive BDR men, CID sources said. The sources also said that it was necessary to arrest the absconding border guards before submission of the charge sheet in the Peelkhana carnage case filed against over 1000 border guards on March 1 last with Lalbagh police.

At Sunday's meeting, the BDR has decided to expedite the 'Operation Rebel Hunt' that started soon after the carnage at Peelkhana to arrest them.

The joint force of the police, RAB and the army launched 'Operation Rebel Haunt' to arrest the fugitive BDR men and recover missing firearms.

Even 10 months after the carnage, the law enforcing agencies have failed to arrest the 23 absconding jawans.

The BDR will issue letters within a few days to different law enforcing and intelligence agencies for speeding up 'Operation Rebel Hunt' to arrest the 23 absconding BDR men.

The BDR authorities have also decided to double the reward from Tk one lakh to Tk two lakh for information leading to the arrest of each of the 23 fugitive border guards.

The BDR authorities are learnt to be sending an application shortly to the finance ministry through the home ministry for allocation of Tk 23 lakh more for doubling the bounty.

Director General (DG) of the BDR Major General Md Mainul Islam told this correspondent: "We are trying our best to arrest the absconding border guards. We will issue letters within a few days to different law enforcing and intelligence agencies urging them to speed up 'Operation Rebel Hunt' for arresting the 23 fugitive BDR men.

"We will again send a list of the absconding border guards with photographs to the law enforcing agencies to arrest them," the BDR chief said, adding that they held a meeting on Sunday at the BDR Headquarters in this regard."

"We will also send a proposal to the home ministry to double the bounty from Tk one lakh to Tk two lakh for information leading to the arrest of each of the fugitive BDR men. We will also send an application to the finance ministry asking it to allocate Tk 23 lakh more for doubling the bounty." "We will get a positive result to arrest the fugitive BDR men by doubling the bounty," he hoped adding that the decision was made at a meeting of the BDR high officials at Peelkhana on Sunday. Home Minister Advocate Sahara Khatun told this correspondent: "Operation Rebel Hunt' is going on to arrest the 21 fugitive BDR men and recover over 100 firearms missing from the Peelkhana during the carnage. If necessary, we will speed up the operation" "The operation will continue until the arrest of the fugitive BDR men and recovery of the missing firearms," she said. The government, on April 7, 2009, announced a Tk 50,000 reward to anyone who could help arrest each of the fugitive BDR mutineer. The government later doubled the bounty from Tk 50,000 to Tk one lakh. Earlier on May 19, the BDR authorities released to the media a list containing the names and photographs of 25 BDR members said to have fled the headquarters after the mutiny. Only two of them have so far been arrested. The BDR later published the names of 23 jawans (soldiers) who remained fugitive.

The fugitives are: Main Uddin (Naogaon), Bishu Mitra Barua (Chittagong), Rezaul Karim (Chittagong), Ayub Ali (Brahmanbaria), Baki Billah (Nilphamari), Atiqur Rahman (Shariatpur), Sadullah (Cox's Bazar), Mizanur Rahman (Sherpur), Pulton Chakma (Khagrachhari), Mukul Alam (Gaibandha), Kamrul Hasan (Laxmipur), Meshbah Uddin (Chittagong), Kamrul Islam (Khulna), Selim (Chittagong), Nurul (Cox's Bazar), Al Mamun (Satkhira), Hamidul Islam (Faridpur), Hasibur Rahman (Sherpur), Anisur Rahman (Sirajganj), Farhad Hossain (Naogaon), Mizanur Rahman (Chittagong), Moqbul Hassain (Lalmonirhat) and Nazrul Islam Mallik (Barisal).

:: The Daily Independent Bangladesh :.. Internet Edition

These 23 fugitives are now in India. Will India send them to BD after the Hasina visit?

These 23 fugitives are now in India. Will India send them to BD after the Hasina visit?

How did you get that idea??even your authorities are searching for them..If its true inform them..you will be rewarded..

The BDR authorities have also decided to double the reward from Tk one lakh to Tk two lakh for information leading to the arrest of each of the 23 fugitive border guards.

How did you get that idea??even your authorities are searching for them..If its true inform them..you will be rewarded..

These 23 most wanted criminals cannot be found in BD. We share a huge border with India and during and after the mutiny the border was virtually open. We know there was BSF and RAW complicity in the mutiny so it would not be illogical to think these 23 are in India.

These 23 most wanted criminals cannot be found in BD. We share a huge border with India and during and after the mutiny the border was virtually open. We know there was BSF and RAW complicity in the mutiny so it would not be illogical to think these 23 are in India.

We know??actually who is this we??you and Idune?and also Bangladesh have broder with Myanmar why cant they go there and as per idunes claim RAW and BSF are shooting down anyone and every one from Bangladesh..so is it illogical to think they were in India..Unless you have a crystal ball i suggest credible evidence should be given and if Hasina came with that request I dont think India will play hard ball with her..because under her rule relation between two countries are always warm ...

A friendly govt or not, the country called Bangladesh is despised by India.
No its not. You want to believe it is so, so you can justify being negative against India.

India wants friendly relations with BD.

Check the geography, BD is a pain in India's a**. Its existence with a strong military gives India a security panic for NE even in peacetime. A militarily weak BD is what India wants.
I dont know how to tell this to you except in the most direct manner. BD does not have a strong military. BD is already very weak militarily. Thest thumping aside, BD military cannot light a candle in front of Indian Military. That includes ALL three forces.
You can start reading about BD military by the thread started by fatman17.

A friendly govt in Dhaka cannot help India when there are political or armed struggles in the NE, because some elements in the BD army may support those struggles. Moreover, an opportunity does not come by design, it comes suddenly. So, Indian secret agents had to act on that lone opportunity even when a friendly govt has been elected to power. A similar opportunity may not arrive in the next hundred years.
India plotting to remove Hasina would be the proverbial 'shooting ones own foot'. It is in India's interest to see that Hasina is safe politically. India doesnt need to plot a mutiny, that had serious potential to harm Hasina by way of a civil war or a coup.

Again, this is in reference to BD already being militarily weak. BD in no way poses a military threat or even a blockage to Indian military.

If there is a war with China in Arunachal, India will lose that war unless BD opens a land and a sky corridor for easy transportation of its logistics.
Nope, i disagree. China will be held back at Arunachal Assam border. Infact the Indian military zero line is above Assam.
No strong army in BD will ever allow it.
I dont think it is upto a BD army to decide whether to allow India passage or not. Its upto the government of the day, BD army has to comply. So its irrelevant even considering BD military.

So, I have a feeling that MOSSAD and RAW, after knowing the BDR grievances, had masterminded the mutiny with the help of their agents in BD. The purpose was to initiate a civil war that would destroy the BD army and the country would be in ruin forever.
Im sure you 'feelings' are always correct! Please ask your government and the international community to question India on the basis of your irrefutable 'feelings'.

If this is true, then India had certainly alerted its army and airforce even before the carnage was initiated. However, MOSSAD/RAW's final wish of a civil war was not to be materialized, only because Gen. MUA was not quite a hawkish like Gen. Yahya Khan. Now, however, he is painted a traitor by some of his country's educated class, only because of the decision that saved the country.

It is a military forum, where there are discussions or debates on many affairs of a country. I do not have anything against India. However, whenever I feel my country's security is at a risk due to certain covert action by some foreign powers, I must then come out to criticize that action. Hope, you will understand my position.
Please, atleast be logical and consider reality. The fundamental assumption of your hypothesis is that India would not want a militarily strong BD. This is already wrong. BD is already very weak militarily.

We know??actually who is this we??you and Idune?and also Bangladesh have broder with Myanmar why cant they go there and as per idunes claim RAW and BSF are shooting down anyone and every one from Bangladesh..so is it illogical to think they were in India..Unless you have a crystal ball i suggest credible evidence should be given and if Hasina came with that request I dont think India will play hard ball with her..because under her rule relation between two countries are always warm ...

India's involvement in the mutiny and the location of the 23 fugitives appeared in a secret report which was leaked on the internet.

India's involvement in the mutiny and the location of the 23 fugitives appeared in a secret report which was leaked on the internet.

since you have access to the secret report which contains the location of 23 fugitives i think you should go ahead and and claimthe govt reward by giving the location of the fugitives to your army/police......

i really don't know how that it is always you who have access to all secret reports on the net especially about RAW's plans:blink: ....when even RAW head's is not aware of of them.......i think that you would have a better future as a fortune teller:woot: rather that of a 'fiction story writer'
which you currently are!:agree:

p.s. when is your next fiction about RAW coming up?

I would like to ask her a question that

"when she is going to bring to book all those who have killed the brave and intelligent, talented officers of Bangladesh Army during recent mutiny just because most of them were graduated from NDU Pakistan."

:angry:

Is that meaning that the graduated officers from NDU Pakistan were targeted intentionally? Are you sure? If this is true then it was not any mutiny but a planned………………………………………………..

God knows how authentic the mutiny report by the govt is!

^^^
A planned by Indo-Zionist-awami bastards to secularize our military. All those officer were Islamic rooted Bangladeshi nationalist. Traitor like mua and all awami bastards must be brought on to justice and one they will pay insh'allah.

Back
Top Bottom