What's new

bangladesh getting su-30mkk around 2016? wiki

That's sad.

Well, if you really think the Indian soldiers who died in the war did it for Bangladesh, then you seriously need a reality check. The soldiers were just following the orders of their higher authority. There are a number of Indian troops who died in the peace keeping missions I hope you won't say they sacrificed their lives for the respective countries they were deployed in.

With due respect, it wasn't that there was a need for them to die. In fact, the top military brass of Mukti Bahini like General Osmani were completely against the Indian intervention. They already had a comprehensive war strategy, known as the 'Teliapara Document', which was split into three major phases from defensive tactics to a full fledge guerrilla war. Several districts were already liberated by November before the Indians entered the war.

Yes we read the Pew Report when it was published, it was very amusing and we also know who was contracted to carry out the report! look obviously your not going to believe me, you can live in the notion that 70% of Bangladeshis look at india favorably or you could visit Bangladesh and see for yourself (people will be polite)....just a suggestion.

So, either they hate India or they are being polite! It's like heads I win, tails you lose, right? CooL!! :)

Well, if you really think the Indian soldiers who died in the war did it for Bangladesh, then you seriously need a reality check. The soldiers were just following the orders of their higher authority. There are a number of Indian troops who died in the peace keeping missions I hope you won't say they sacrificed their lives for the respective countries they were deployed in.

With due respect, it wasn't that there was a need for them to die. In fact, the top military brass of Mukti Bahini like General Osmani were completely against the Indian intervention. They already had a comprehensive war strategy, known as the 'Teliapara Document', which was split into three major phases from defensive tactics to a full fledge guerrilla war. Several districts were already liberated by November before the Indians entered the war.

You just forgot to mention that they were paid salaries to die for.

You know what, ungratefulness is one of the worst human characteristics, and it's a prominent sign of inferiority complex! :)

Well,
Mig29Ks would have been the more sensible choice, they are cheaper, have the same weapons and can take off from very short runways.
Given the size of Bangladesh, their range should also not be a problem

You just forgot to mention that they were paid salaries to die for.

You know what, ungratefulness is one of the worst human characteristics, and it's a prominent sign of inferiority complex! :)

If explaining proper facts to the people still delving into school text books is labeled as ungratefulness or inferiority complex, then be it... :tup:

Well,
Mig29Ks would have been the more sensible choice, they are cheaper, have the same weapons and can take off from very short runways.
Given the size of Bangladesh, their range should also not be a problem

And BD already has full 8 of them!! :)

Edit: Not the 'k' though.

Edit: 2 of them are trainers...I think!

So, either they hate India or they are being polite! It's like heads I win, tails you lose, right? CooL!! :)

So you think you know better how Bangladeshis feel towards india then Bangladeshis themselves do?.....:cuckoo:... Sorry to burst your buble, but nah the vast majority aren't that fond of india. But hay ho, by all means keep thinking that way.

Oh and as for being grateful for 71...to those that fought...thanks, but for the rest of india...
images%2Farticle%2F2015%2F07%2F25%2Fqueen-elizabeth-double-middle-finger.gif

Last edited:
So you think you know better how Bangladeshis feel towards india then Bangladeshis themselves do?.....:cuckoo:... Sorry to burst your buble, but nah the vast majority aren't that fond of india. But hay ho, by all means keep thinking that way.

Thik hai bhai...we will manage to live with your hatred! :D

Oh and as for being grateful for 71...to those that fought...thanks, but for the rest of india...
images%2Farticle%2F2015%2F07%2F25%2Fqueen-elizabeth-double-middle-finger.gif

Now, you don't really have to scratch our balls to show your gratitude, this is so embarrassing!! :P

You are assuming TOO much now. Seriously, you really over-estimate the importance of india to us....

You have to understand, during the BNP era, there was a lot of corruption, people were generally feed-up with the economic miss-management, corruption etc etc, during the following election they voted for the AL not because they liked india or hated pakistan, they voted for a change in gov....the people wanted a new government, period.

In Bangladesh, people don't vote on the basis of which foreign country they support. People tend now to support a government that can best build our ECONOMY....for us the economy has become the main factor, above everything else.

Partially true, for the floating voters whom are around 20-30%. But there are people who will always vote AL, BNP, JaPa or JeI. Irrespective to any kinds of economic goals. Family or party allegiance is their main agenda. They wont ever change their support even if you kill them.

@damiendehorn

We will just have to agree to disagree on this matter.

2/3rds of Bangladeshis live in rural areas, and their views may be quite different from those of urbanized Dhaka elite like you.

I personally am friends with several Bangladeshis, one's father is an owner of a large company there.

Their opinion on India/Pakistan is quite a funny one. My close friend when young used to be the only one in his family that would support India in an India-Pakistan cricket match, rest of family would be supporting Pakistan....this was back when Bangladesh team was doing quite badly consistently. However India was also quite bad back then so my buddy eventually got fed up and started supporting Australia.

But with all of this they all had a balanced view of India and Pakistan as entities of people. There was no deep love for either , there was no deep hate either.....it depended on what exactly was being talked about and the context.

Thats why I feel even though many non politically affiliated Bangaldeshis may have a number of reasons to despise India over various issues, they still overall look on favourably due to cultural links etc.

Partially true, for the floating voters whom are around 20-30%. But there are people who will always vote AL, BNP, JaPa or JeI. Irrespective to any kinds of economic goals. Family or party allegiance is their main agenda. They wont ever change their support even if you kill them.

Good point. We have heard from damien what he thinks is the % breakdown, what would you say is the overall % breakdown between AL, BNP and "neutral" swing voters?

@damiendehorn

We will just have to agree to disagree on this matter.

2/3rds of Bangladeshis live in rural areas, and their views may be quite different from those of urbanized Dhaka elite like you.

I personally am friends with several Bangladeshis, one's father is an owner of a large company there.

Their opinion on India/Pakistan is quite a funny one. My close friend when young used to be the only one in his family that would support India in an India-Pakistan cricket match, rest of family would be supporting Pakistan....this was back when Bangladesh team was doing quite badly consistently. However India was also quite bad back then so my buddy eventually got fed up and started supporting Australia.

But with all of this they all had a balanced view of India and Pakistan as entities of people. There was no deep love for either , there was no deep hate either.....it depended on what exactly was being talked about and the context.

Thats why I feel even though many non politically affiliated Bangaldeshis may have a number of reasons to despise India over various issues, they still overall look on favourably due to cultural links etc.

Good point. We have heard from damien what he thinks is the % breakdown, what would you say is the overall % breakdown between AL, BNP and "neutral" swing voters?

We don't have a dislike of Indians as a people but would wish that India would stop interfering in BD affairs.

India should understand that apart from a very few hardcore fanatics, BD population harbours no ill-will towards them.

We don't have a dislike of Indians as a people but would wish that India would stop interfering in BD affairs.

India should understand that apart from a very few hardcore fanatics, BD population harbours no ill-will towards them.

I agree. Thats why I was quite pleased to see 70% Bangladeshis still have favourable views towards India (according to pew) derived from the general lack of ill-will to Indian people.....even though India squandered some valuable initiatives after 1971 (which set the tone for a big brother type of relationship). This is an unfortunate reality of when we have the type of geopolitical scenario between India and Bangladesh combined with politician egos on both sides.

I am just thankful we have resolved the border enclaves and are working to resolving Teesta water sharing...and people to people have much to share culturally and linguistically.

However Indian interference in Bangladesh will not stop unfortunately...because there is a fear inside India of anti-India elements opening up another front in such a delicate and vulnerable location for India. India by virtue of its size and almost complete envelopment of Bangladesh can do this....what to do, this is the nature of geopolitics worldwide.....and it becomes more brazen when countries are not that economically well off and are thus unable to integrate and bring down the physical barriers like in Europe.

I agree. Thats why I was quite pleased to see 70% Bangladeshis still have favourable views towards India (according to pew) derived from the general lack of ill-will to Indian people.....even though India squandered some valuable initiatives after 1971 (which set the tone for a big brother type of relationship). This is an unfortunate reality of when we have the type of geopolitical scenario between India and Bangladesh combined with politician egos on both sides.

I am just thankful we have resolved the border enclaves and are working to resolving Teesta water sharing...and people to people have much to share culturally and linguistically.

However Indian interference in Bangladesh will not stop unfortunately...because there is a fear inside India of anti-India elements opening up another front in such a delicate and vulnerable location for India. India by virtue of its size and almost complete envelopment of Bangladesh can do this....what to do, this is the nature of geopolitics worldwide.....and it becomes more brazen when countries are not that economically well off and are thus unable to integrate and bring down the physical barriers like in Europe.

Then India will only create mistrust between itself and BD population at large that will last generations.

Yes I understand that India is only doing what it thinks is in it's interests and so it is what it is.

By %
BNP 30.8, AL 30.1, JI 12.1, JP 11.9
AL 37.4, BNP 33.6, JP 16.4, JI 8.6
BNP 41.4, AL 40.02, JP 7.2, JI 4.2
AL 49, BNP 33.2, JP 7, JI 4.6

AL average vote 39%
BNP average vote 35%
JI average 7%, JP average 10.5%, others parties average 8%

As you can see AL and BNP's vote base never gone below 30%. In my observation there will very few swinger voters. AL and BNP will be equally 30-40% JP 7-8%, JI 4-5% and others 7-8%. 20-22% swinger voters who will decide the fate.

Yours one is a balanced view.

Back
Top Bottom