What's new

Bangladesh economy may overtake western countries by 2050

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way in terms of per capita GDP Bangladesh definitely can top in South Asia. The social development that is happening in Bangladesh will help to achieve it no doubt if the political parties stop all the trouble that they are making.

Not really... unless anything catastrophic thing happen Bangladesh is supposed to be at least one of the top 10-20 economies by 2050. But Bangladesh can do a lot to enhance the GDP growth rate and elevate the living standard of the poor.

trust me i really want that 2. but our major problem is we r very much lack of land. unless burma wants 2 co operate with us :D

I wish them best of luck. :enjoy:

Hope we will be ALIVE to see that GREAT day when BD economy will surpass that of western countries such as - Hungary, Peru, Czech Republic, Ireland & likes :)

By the way in terms of per capita GDP Bangladesh definitely can top in South Asia. The social development that is happening in Bangladesh will help to achieve it no doubt if the political parties stop all the trouble that they are making.

:lol: think before u write.

trust me i really want that 2. but our major problem is we r very much lack of land. unless burma wants 2 co operate with us :D

If Singapore can develop with 5-7 time more population density why cant Bangladesh. Still there are plenty of open spaces in Chittagong and Rajshahi region. We should utilize that and should embrace modern urban lifestyle and move more towards highrise buildings. Government should make some new cities to lessen the burden on Dhaka.

Does these things really matter??Qatar has largest per capita income in the world.But who benefits other than some fat Sheikhs.

Hope we will be ALIVE to see that GREAT day when BD economy will surpass that of western countries such as - Hungary, Peru, Czech Republic, Ireland & likes :)

That's why i said best of luck. And they're going to need truck loads of luck. :D

And Bangladesh can overtake likes of UK, France and Germany if and only if Europe somehow freezes into a barren land, and all those British, French and Germans takes asylum in Bangladesh. :lol:

:lol: think before u write.

Yes I think before I write. India is way lagged behind Bangladesh in social development and it will have an affect in the coming decades. By the way India's GDP growth is already slowing down. Even though Bangladesh is planning to upgrade it's base year to 2005 which will raise the GDP and per capita GDP substantially but with GDP per capita (constant 2000 US$) there is not a big difference between Bangladesh and Pak & India even using the 95 base year. As of 2011 with GDP per capita (constant 2000 US$) are 589 usd, 672 usd and 837 usd.

Go check different sub category of HDI of these 3 countries...

20121103_FBC369.png

That's why i said best of luck. And they're going to need truck loads of luck. :D

And Bangladesh can overtake likes of UK, France and Germany if and only if Europe somehow freezes into a barren land, and all those British, French and Germans takes asylum in Bangladesh. :lol:

By 2060-5 for sure... by 2050 Nigeria, Turkey, Mexico and Indonesia will all overtake them and Vietnam will reach 70% of UK. All the 3 countries will go into gradual declining in this century.

2050 is too far into the future to take these predictions seriously.

Even if BD does overtake countries like France by 2050, this will be no big deal as by then BD will have a population 3 times as large.

Its not too far. 40 year a lot of us will live to see that.

BD Population will max out 22-25 crore and then start declining after 2030.

Its not too far. 40 year a lot of us will live to see that.

BD Population will max out 22-25 crore and then start declining after 2030.

That may not be good in the longer run. Western countries are suffering due to this factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom