What's new

Bangladesh-China ties : strategic realities

SECURITY & INSURANCE

Btw...insurance against what? India invading Bangladesh?

Learn from Switzerland guys.
That tiny little country has no army to speak of. Yet they exercise so much influence. Not to mention they have never been invaded in recent history.

So do you mean that Bangladesh is still inducting old tanks or that these type 62's were inducted sometime ago and are still being used by the BD army?

guess I've made it clear mate, but I'm not sure whether type62 are still at service of BD army. you tell me that.

Btw...insurance against what? India invading Bangladesh?

Learn from Switzerland guys.
That tiny little country has no army to speak of. Yet they exercise so much influence. Not to mention they have never been invaded in recent history.

If India behaved like Switzerland we wouldn't be having this conversation.

guess I've made it clear mate, but I'm not sure whether type62 are still at service of BD army. you tell me that.

I think HK-47 has the answer to that question since he raised it.

I actually don't.I myself is looking for answers.some ex-tank officer of BD army made such a statement in another forum.But we had problems with Chinese stuff too not because they are Chinese but due to political reasons.
like the recent F-7 purchase.Hasina raised hell in the Parliament,asking why the total amount went from about $96 million to $120 million.

I actually don't.I myself is looking for answers.some ex-tank officer of BD army made such a statement in another forum.But we had problems with Chinese stuff too not because they are Chinese but due to political reasons.
like the recent F-7 purchase.Hasina raised hell in the Parliament,asking why the total amount went from about $96 million to $120 million.

So you are suggesting the problem is corruption in procurement of military hardware at our end?

yes and not necessarily by the govt.
do we have Chinese frigates in our navy/heck does our navy do anything or lie in the Chittagong docks all the time?

Not necessarily by the government? Than who else? If the frigates do lie in dock why is that happening?

I meant that the opposition and other MPs cause a lot of trouble too.
do our frigates really lie in the docks?I mean 24,000 personnel employed in the navy,and we pay them why can't they do something?

You will have to be more specific. What do you want our navy to do and about what exactly?

fight pirates ,keep control on our waters.There has been some reports about encroachment but most importantly about foreign fishermen fishing in our waters,as close as the shores of Barisal.I know it's the Coast Guard's job but the navy should be leading the operations.

anyways, I would like to see the Bd-Sino ties to contribute to BD's national economy development and specially the infrastructure.

anyways, I would like to see the Bd-Sino ties to contribute to BD's national economy development and specially the infrastructure.

A first step has been taken with the Bangladesh-Myanmar road link which will provide a direct route to China by road. I believe there are also several other trade and infrastructure agreements with China in the pipeline. However, the intentions of this interim government as to how they wish to proceed from here remains unclear. Certainly there appears a heavy US bias in some quarters especially on cooperation in terrorism issues which may translate into further investment from the US side as well.

Mr Munshi, there is something called optimism.

After all the Indian army and govt. did in '71 to save your ***** from genocide and massacre, the least you can do is maintain a cordial relationship with us.

No. The main goal of GOI backed by Soviet, was obviously to weaken Pakistan supported by US, not to save; whereas unsettled frictions within then two Pakistans were utilized.

This is just a typical scenario of Cold War era.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom