What's new

Bangladesh-China ties : strategic realities

China renews support for tri-nation road link

Chinese Foreign Minister Yang Jiechi yesterday reiterated Beijing's support for Dhaka's proposal for a trilateral road-link project connecting Bangladesh, Myanmar and China, when he met Bangladesh Foreign Adviser Iftekhar Chowdhury in Manila in Philippines.

During the meeting held on the sidelines of the ARF (Asian Regional Forum) meet, Iftekhar also told the Chinese foreign minister that Dhaka is willing to welcome large Chinese investments and up trade between the two countries.

Supporting the road-link project, which will link Dhaka with Kunming via Myanmar, Yang said it is a 'constructive idea' that would encourage people-to-people contact.He suggested that a tripartite meeting could be held after technical experts conduct a feasibility study on the project. Yang also thanked Iftekhar for Dhaka's continuing support for Beijing's 'One China' policy.

Iftekhar invited yang in Bangladesh. Accepting the invitation, Yang said, "It is his dream to visit the country which is not just a close neighbour but such a dear friend."

http://www.thedailystar.net/2007/08/02/d70802012214.htm

China renews support for tri-nation road link

Chinese Foreign Minister Yang Jiechi yesterday reiterated Beijing's support for Dhaka's proposal for a trilateral road-link project connecting Bangladesh, Myanmar and China, when he met Bangladesh Foreign Adviser Iftekhar Chowdhury in Manila in Philippines.

During the meeting held on the sidelines of the ARF (Asian Regional Forum) meet, Iftekhar also told the Chinese foreign minister that Dhaka is willing to welcome large Chinese investments and up trade between the two countries.

Supporting the road-link project, which will link Dhaka with Kunming via Myanmar, Yang said it is a 'constructive idea' that would encourage people-to-people contact.He suggested that a tripartite meeting could be held after technical experts conduct a feasibility study on the project. Yang also thanked Iftekhar for Dhaka's continuing support for Beijing's 'One China' policy.

Iftekhar invited yang in Bangladesh. Accepting the invitation, Yang said, "It is his dream to visit the country which is not just a close neighbour but such a dear friend."

http://www.thedailystar.net/2007/08/02/d70802012214.htm

Sounds good. :yahoo:

what are those tanks,HK-47? T-62 light?
maybe.but yes still we should keep strong military ties with them.
and also start that road link as soon as possible.

WZ131 (type 62) is such an oldy finalized back in 1962, and the purchase was made in 1985 by Bangladesh. It's no strange your tankmen would think it inferior with a modern measurement. the point is an induction 22 years ago, not "Chinese products".

WZ131 (type 62) is such an oldy finalized back in 1962, and the purchase was made in 1985 by Bangladesh. It's no strange your tankmen would think it inferior with a modern measurement. the point is an induction 22 years ago, not "Chinese products".

So do you mean that Bangladesh is still inducting old tanks or that these type 62's were inducted sometime ago and are still being used by the BD army?

What has Pakistan got from trying to make peace with India? .... The Indian motto to its neighbour is to either accept its domination and hegemony or face reprisals ..... The only way for smaller countries is to stand up against such bully tactics .... That is the only way to earn respect .... It is either this way or slavery .....

MBI Munshi's brain is stuck in a time warp. He ignores and discredits any opinions contrary to his own, and thus protects his own warped ones from damage.

His way of thinking is remarkably similar to religious fundamentalists, who follow the same principle in order to strengthen their beliefs.

So Mr. Munshi, can we call you an Anti-India fundamentalist?:azn:

It is the Indians on this forum who deliberately try to hide themselves from the truth about India as if that would completely destroy the image and unity of their nation. I am far from being a fundamentalist but I am beginning to see that some Indians are pathologically obsessed with the presumed greatness of their country and cannot see India for what it really is.

It is the Indians on this forum who deliberately try to hide themselves from the truth about India as if that would completely destroy the image and unity of their nation. I am far from being a fundamentalist but I am beginning to see that some Indians are pathologically obsessed with the presumed greatness of their country and cannot see India for what it really is.

Mr Munshi, there is something called optimism. I wonder if you have heard of it.

You post 50 negative articles a day about India, which just proves you as an Anti-India fundamentalist, since you cannot see the other side of the coin.

After all the Indian army and govt. did in '71 to save your asses from genocide and massacre, the least you can do is maintain a cordial relationship with us.

Cuz we are not waving the Ummah flag!!! we can never be. Religion is the only thing they are ready to accept, and the words from a book written 1000's of years ago. Science and everything that is against that is just a fiction, and a creation of the satan. They have a problem with every known entity in this world, heck even among themseleves.

I have posted very little that is of a religious nature. I think that is what worries you Indians the most is that I cannot be stereotyped as a fanatical Islamist hell bent on destroying India because of some religious zealotry that guides me. For this reason criticism makes little sense and is irrelevant in my case.

I have posted very little that is of a religious nature. I think that is what worries you Indians the most is that I cannot be stereotyped as a fanatical Islamist hell bent on destroying India because of some religious zealotry that guides me. For this reason criticism makes little sense and is irrelevant in my case.

That doesn't even make any sense. Noones branding you a religious fundamentalist.

You suffer from Anti-India-Article-Posting-Obsessive-Compulsive-Disorder. Get it?:what:

I haven't seen a single negative article about Pakistan from you. You seem to have some natural affinity for Pakistan.
Hmmm...now wats common between Bangladesh and Pakistan...lets see...long calculations.....aha...its Muslims!!!

So any sane person will realize your dreams of a united muslim ummah.

Well your only aim to see India tarnished and destroyed. You are ready to let yor country go to bed with anybody, be it Pakistan, Burma or China. None of your posts/views say what is in it for B'desh. What does B'desh gain by it?

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom