What's new

Bangladesh-China ties : strategic realities

Bull is right.geographically we are very vulnerable and our sea lines of communication can be blocked very easily by the powerful Indian navy;unless we invest a LOT in our naval forces and it will still be difficult for us to breakdown naval blockades.
yes China-BD relations are necessary,quite.But that doesn't mean we should spoil our relations or further spoil our already strained relations with India;obviously we shouldn't bow down to all their demands about the solutions to the disputes we have between the two of us.

“BD sea lines of communication can be blocked very easily by India”.

Hmm… I think the solution could be to allow Pakistan Navy to operate in the Bay of Bengal .I think we can develop a road link through china and Burma.
I m sorry to say this but HK you are very curious about your relations with India. you had good relations with Pakistan in the past and even we were one country so I think you should also think about relations with Pakistan who can be more ideological ally.

“BD sea lines of communication can be blocked very easily by India”.

Hmm… I think the solution could be to allow Pakistan Navy to operate in the Bay of Bengal .I think we can develop a road link through china and Burma.
I m sorry to say this but HK you are very curious about your relations with India. you had good relations with Pakistan in the past and even we were one country so I think you should also think about relations with Pakistan who can be more ideological ally.

There is already a highway that has linked China with Myanmar. It is being extended to Yangon.

I have not understood the connection of the Pakistan Navy with building a road.

There is already a highway that has linked China with Myanmar. It is being extended to Yangon.

I have not understood the connection of the Pakistan Navy with building a road.

I was talking about two different things it looks like I am talking about navy; my mistake.

I mean Road link should be used for PAK-BD land communication and BD should allow Pak Navy to operate in Bay of Bengal.

No!India is very arrogance!your economy? your technology?your GDP?and so on...

Please check it! and check china this~hope your konw!

on the china,india is not a adversary!

of course..china hope peace!hope friendly!

India has always prepared for the worst that one day India might have to fight both China and Pakistan.

greeeeeat!!! indians now r capable of mouuth shootings as they see a little gain in health, wealth and support from its allies. India combating china, Pakistan
simultaneously is hilarious. is,nt it, RIGHT??:lol:

greeeeeat!!! indians now r capable of mouuth shootings as they see a little gain in health, wealth and support from its allies. India combating china, Pakistan
simultaneously is hilarious. is,nt it, RIGHT??:lol:

India had always prepared itself for a two front war. We will hold our own in case Pakistan and China decide to attack us together. This by the way almost happenned in the 1980s.

Bangladesh has also been included in the picture ever since radical Islam began to gather steam therein. Point is Bangladeshis may not like us but they do not not like us enough to support total war.

India had always prepared itself for a two front war. We will hold our own in case Pakistan and China decide to attack us together. This by the way almost happenned in the 1980s.

Bangladesh has also been included in the picture ever since radical Islam began to gather steam therein. Point is Bangladeshis may not like us but they do not not like us enough to support total war.

If you are talking about four fronts now (China, Pakistan, BD, Nepal), don't you think Indian foreign policy has a really serious problem?

If you are talking about four fronts now (China, Pakistan, BD, Nepal), don't you think Indian foreign policy has a really serious problem?

Nope. Not BD. They dont have the military to even think of attacking India. And Nepal incidentally has a treaty of peace and friendship with India. That means if any other country attacks Nepal, India has the right to militarily protect Nepal.

India has planned for a two front war. Holding China while attacking Pakistan.

Nope. Not BD. They dont have the military to even think of attacking India. And Nepal incidentally has a treaty of peace and friendship with India. That means if any other country attacks Nepal, India has the right to militarily protect Nepal.

Firstly the Nepal treaty will be re-negotiated. Secondly China and India are going thru the best period of economic growth and hence there is no need to reverse that.

China attacking India in todays world is nothing but a ******** of certain retired Pakistani and Indian Generals.

China is engaging well with all its neighbours just as India should do.

Regards

It is still a two-front war; Nepal (wonder where did this come from; please do explain) and Bangladesh really do not have a capable war machine.

India's foreign policy hasn't failed in Nepal; its success though has been compromised. The reason being our failure to act against the Maoists. The treaty is being abrogated because no provisions exist for its modification. Plus an average Nepali feels more "common" with an average Indian than with an average Chinese. Do remember except for the Maoists, whose hold on power is much less than absolute and only moderately popular, the other political entities have a noticeable tilt toward India. I'll wait for the next elections before deciding which way Nepal is swinging.

Our foreign policy has succeeded much as far as the PRC is concerned; we (India and the PRC) are not good friends but are good neighbours. Pakistan is a different matter though.

I said Bangladesh has been factored in; courtesy, it's increased tryst with radical Islam. We have failed to check this. In a way yes, our foreign policy has failed to a certain extent herein. We can still correct the situation.

Our foreign policy achievements have been dismal because of the lack of our political leaders to act.

Always Neutral:

I'm not saying there is a war in the brewing between India and the PRC. I've always maintained that the chances of this happening are almost nil.

We are engaging with our neighbours; the problem is unlike China, many of our neighbours are not entirely functional. This is partly our folly too.

brother, u r not in ur senses!!, well i dont say if india goes to war with china, pakistan will jump in the battle field too, but if it doesnt happen, do u think india will lose this opportunity of one strong closed front??,will india be fool enough to make ways for its added lose and destruction, u know v have nukes, will india want to get its cities nuked??, will india sustain this damage while fighting china simultaneously??

u know india fought 1965, and culdnt get an inch of pakistan territory, do u think india will repeat its mistake while thinking its efforts will be worthless, while still fighting china then???

brother while posting aggressively, consider wht india will be doing in real turmoils.

in either side, both china and pakistan there is no limit to man power or weapon support, pakistan has got got huge backing from the middle east, india will be fool enough to judge pakistan as a weak competitor in the war and fool enough to take it lightly or a piece of cake!!!

brother, u r not in ur senses!!, well i dont say if india goes to war with china, pakistan will jump in the battle field too, but if it doesnt happen, do u think india will lose this opportunity of one strong closed front??,will india be fool enough to make ways for its added lose and destruction, u know v have nukes, will india want to get its cities nuked??, will india sustain this damage while fighting china simultaneously??

u know india fought 1965, and culdnt get an inch of pakistan territory, do u think india will repeat its mistake while thinking its efforts will be worthless, while still fighting china then???

brother while posting aggressively, consider wht india will be doing in real turmoils.

in either side, both china and pakistan there is no limit to man power or weapon support, pakistan has got got huge backing from the middle east, india will be fool enough to judge pakistan as a weak competitor in the war and fool enough to take it lightly or a piece of cake!!!

You ever wondered why the Chinese are your all-weather friends?

Yes we know, nothing wrong with that. And much better than US "friendship"

u call "us and pak allies" friendship,lol, do u know how much harm and damage has US done to us regarding "terrorism" issue??

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom