What's new

Bangladesh building missile arsenal

So Bangladesh is a happy nation.

Bangladesh should spend more on its military but especially on procurement and R & D. BD would not only be happy but also feel safe and secure.

Where do you think the military should spend more on? Army, Navy, Airforce etc.

Where do you think the military should spend more on? Army, Navy, Airforce etc.

1. Airforce

2. Army

3. Navy

BD weakness is in the skies. If India is prevented or restricted in the air it will have to come on land where it will be destroyed.

If I had $4 billion to spend on defense I would spend it in this way.

1. R & D - $500 million

2. Airforce - $1.5 billion

3. Army - $800 million

4. Navy - $500 million

5. Personnel in the 3 services - $500 million

6. Intelligence - $200 million

I would of course try to gear up my economy so I can increase my defense budget to $6 - 8 billion in 3 years and in 5 years $12 billion. I would try to make defense a productive sector of the economy so we would need to manufacture weapons like Pakistan.

1. Airforce

2. Army

3. Navy

BD weakness is in the skies. If India is prevented or restricted in the air it will have to come on land where it will be destroyed.

1. R & D - $500 million

3. Army - $800 million

4. Navy - $500 million

I would of course try to gear up my economy so I can increase my defense budget to $6 - 8 billion in 3 years and in 5 years $12 billion. I would try to make defense a productive sector of the economy so we would need to manufacture weapons like Pakistan.

What about SAMs? what are your options for procurment?. Which do you prefer?.

Not being a military person I would need advice on what to procure. What do you think Bd should get?

It depends on the scenario and the time of the perceived threat. If we dismiss a scenario, and just according to your requirements as in Bangladesh needs to focus on the Air since that is her weakest arm. Then I presume you would need to aquire good fighters and Anti Air SAMs.

Normally, that is the combonation you need to strengthen your Air defences, their might be some other factors too, but let's keep it simple. I would think that you would need to research the available fighters and SAMs. Also, for realism sake, you would need to be able to purchase these items under economical and political condition of the nation. Basically, procure what you can and knowing you can afford it.

Is there a preference of which nations arms Bangladesh prefers to buy from?.

Planning for the defence of BD is lunacy? I guess India will take care of our defence requirements and needs. We can trust India to do a good job on that.

Is there a preference of which nations arms Bangladesh prefers to buy from?.

So far BD has looked to China and Pakistan but if needed we would purchase from any country that can meet our defence needs. I would have to consider this a 5 year program and direct our finances and resources in that direction. What is important is that our defence industry would create huge employment and build-up new industrial sectors in the economy. I don't see it as a losing or wasteful concern since the civilian economy will have new avenues for growth.

So far BD has looked to China and Pakistan but if needed we would purchase from any country that can meet our defence needs. I would have to consider this a 5 year program and direct our finances and resources in that direction. What is important is that our defence industry would create huge employment and build-up new industrial sectors in the economy. I don't see it as a losing or wasteful concern since the civilian economy will have new avenues for growth.

I think you should buy from China if you must purchase arms from another nation. This is because what Pakistan can offer, the Chinese can offer more and superior. (No offence to Pakistan). This is ofcourse in the interest of Bangladesh should she wants to enhance the Air Defence. Whether the Chinese would sell to you is another question which I could not answer.

If we assume that they would sell to you, then this unlocks the catalogue of Chinese weapons to Bangladesh. I doubt the Chinese would offer you the top of the range gear like the Red Flag 10(S-300) and above. However, you can still purchase lower versions of the Red Flag series which still satisfy your requirements.

In terms of Fighters, I am not sure since the Chinese have a complicated issue with the Russians in terms of rights even for their own reverse-engineered variants. If assume the best, that Russia has no problems with China's export of Russian reversed-engineered fighters. Then perhaps Bangladesh could ask for the Chinese Flankers.

The Flankers are good planes and I quite like them. China and India also have them in their Air Force, this proves that the Flanker is a good plane to possess for any nation.

Anyways, good luck to Bangladesh with weapons procurements, strengthening the Armed Forces is the duty of every nation whenever possible.

1. Airforce

2. Army

3. Navy

wow. how easily you assume that IA will be destroyed. do you have any idea how difficult it will be for Bangladeshi Army to even stand up against the IA, much less destroy it? Read a little bit more about the capabilities of either army before posting crap.

1. R & D - $500 million

3. Army - $800 million

4. Navy - $500 million

with $ 500 million, you can hardly build a navy. bangladesh will be left very vulnerable to indian naval blockade.

i think i completely agree with you on this point. a strong economy is needed to support a strong military. otherwise u end up like North Korea

Pakistan for all its efforts does not get a lolly pop and by the way dont even give the example of Israel in this context. If India is making a mistake or not i frankly dont give a damn since the final price has to be paid by the Indians and not us but remember one thing you guys are of the same skin we are, So dont even start comparing yourself with the west because they will never ever treat you like that you will always be a brown skin. Oh and by the way if you start telling us how the US recently started looking towards India, well we have passed through the same era when US use to look us the same way, the cold war era and this time its no different either. US wants to contain China and India will be used to achieve that, the same way Russia was contained by using Pakistan. And if anyone who gets in line with the US demands its you. Remember who backed out from the IPI deal under whos pressure. Dont even get started on meeting demands.

Being brown does not in anyway compromise US position wrt india. They dont care if you are brown, black, white, hispanic, latino, oriental or even green, unless u have the "greens" to show for it.

India and US are partners. Pakistan was a drain to the US economy and was submissive to US policies while india provides business opportunities to americans.

US pressured India in sending 14000 troops to afghanistan. DiD we relent???

US pressured Pak to go to war. And pak relented. Not once but twice.

same way Russia was contained by using Pakistan
Russia was contained using China. Pakistan was forced into a war by the US over Afghanistan.

Remember who backed out from the IPI deal under whos pressure.
Indian concerns over the line is still not answered. US is not the only reason.

Last edited:

This statement show the arrogance and stupidty. How is BD going to destroy one of the largest army personals in the world. And if I am wrong can you show how that would have been done, and please with some logical way.

Also while explaning please do not put statements like pakistan will be the left flank and bangledesh will be the right flank, and China will be the front because others countries just do not join the theater of war just because Bangledesh wants to fight.

Regards

do you have any idea how difficult it will be for Bangladeshi Army to even stand up against the IA,

The IA will not only be facing the BD army but the entire nation. If you read history you know what happens to foreign armies in a hostile land. They eventually get wiped out by a combination of the regular army, guerrilla forces and the local population.

The IA will not only be facing the BD army but the entire nation. If you read history you know what happens to foreign armies in a hostile land. They eventually get wiped out by a combination of the regular army, guerrilla forces and the local population.

If IA get fraustrated with guerrilla warfare and throws a nuclear bomb into BD, then what would say about that Mr. Munshi.

Back
Top Bottom