What's new

Bangladesh building missile arsenal

There was no Farakka treaty signed by Mujib.
Bangladesh govt is not signing any treaty with India regarding Tipaimuk if that was used for irrigation. Read the recent news and what our finance minister talking about after visiting sylhet.
You are blaming others for propagand yet you are throwing all kind of unfounded story here and there in this forum.

I would like to see people have minimum knowledge before promoted
to Lt. Col.

The discussion seems very interesting, with some patronizing attitude from the Indians as usual. I understand India has a grand plan to be a major world player, and they are more concerned with China rather than Pakistan and much less Bangladesh. But how can India dominate the region without winning the trust of its neighbours?

I understand India has longstanding issues with Pakistan, and as Bangladesh, as part of Pakistan, chose not to be with India in 1948, naturally Bangladesh inherited some of these issues despite parting path with Pakistan in 1971. But what are the existing issues that come between India and Bangladesh??

1. India, despite its claim to be a secular state, is dominated by Hindus. And the Hindus who usually hold power have a deep hatred towards their muslim brothers ( be it Indian, Pakistani or Bangladeshi).
A major indicator of this mentality is the victory of BJP (A hardline Hindu Party, similar to their muslim counterpart Jamaat e Islami of Bangladesh and Pakistan). Imagine Bangladesh being ruled by Jamaatis, that is an unbelievable scenerio, yet a billion Indians did just that with their hardline Hindu party. Indian army also sidelines any muslims from joining the military, making the army very one dimensional in their vision, hence they treat Bangladesh and Pakistan on the same angle even though the difference is vast.

2. Like Pakistan, Bangladesh was geographically sidelined by Lord Mountbatten when he chalked up the map of the subcontinent, giving strategically important regions to India, but in case of Bangladesh it is more seviere. Unlike Pakistan, Bangladesh is almost entirely surrounded by India. Although there is no major territory claim by Bangladesh, the claustrophobia of Bangladesh is used by the Indians well when there's a need for bilateral trade and watersharing agreements.

3. Indian heavy-handedness in patrolling the Bangladesh India Border region. Every week one or two Bangladeshis are shot down by Indian border patrols. The Padua incident where 22 Indian solders were killed by Bangladeshi is just an example that if Bangladesh wants they can be equally brutal, but we choose not to because we love peace. And the fencing of the border is just shameful, in a world where nations are benefiting from mutual trust, India is bringing technology from Israel to fence its border like Israel did in Gaza and West Bank. It can be a very ominous indication to Bangladesh that India might one day try to dominate Bangladesh fully like what Israel is doing with the Palestanians.

4. Dominance of trade, as India flood substandard cheap products in Bangladeshi market, they vigourously resist Bangladeshi products going in to India, creating imbalance in trade. Ineffective SAARC (a Bangladeshi initiative) is a glaring proof of Indias lack of interest in working with its neighbours. While Europeans benefit from strong regional cooperation, India is hellbent in dominating the region at the expense of its neighbours.

5. Indian arms race with China, which increases the sense of insecurity is clearly evident, as Pakistan has no other option but to bolster her defenses. Indian "defense" is more geared towards attack with nuclear submarines and long range missiles. Also India claims a major chunk of the mineral rich bay of bengal which rightfully belongs to Bangladesh, and Bangladesh's future depends on those minerals.

6. Bangladesh is an agri based economy, and most of its rivers come through Indian territory. India blockaded one source of water with Farrakah barrage, making Bangladeshi north west near barren. Now they are doing the same in Tipaimukh project, which will have similar effect in Bangladeshi North East. These unilateral moves have been repeatedly protested by Bangladesh, but fell to deaf ears of Indian politicians.

I am sure these points are making the Indians in this forum real proud, which I guess speaks volume of the Indian attitude in general. For these above mentioned reasons Bangladesh needs to have a strong military in order to prevent India from continuously exploiting Bangladesh. Indians will say again and again, that Bangladesh should focus on development rather than military expenditure. Well Sirs, with all due respect you Indians have been the major hindrance to our development so far.

1-UPA govt runs india now,and has being doing so for the last 5 years.....you idiot!......you dont even know a bit bout things,yet you brag like being a scholar.,..that is evident from the a bove point

Masha'Allah i am very glad to hear this...... May Allah help Banlgadesh to make Missile Arsenal indegineously as well and they become stronger and stronger

All my good wishes to Bangladesh

Within first few days in office AL govt approved huge defence spending which includes 3 frigates, tanks, missiles etc.. Hasina's first official visit scheduled to china. AL also pushing very hard for tri nation rail and road link with China. Our communicatioan minister already visted china, foreign minister now in Myanmar.

Whoever party in power you have to respect them as the Govt of Bangladesh. But when you go to polling booth you vote for your party of choice. Thats the rule of the game.......;)

All Awami stooge govt did was eye wash just like rest of "don bodol" or "change" hoax.

Show us the approval of what and when this frigates will be inducted??????????
We have seen Awami stooge plan to purchase SAM by 2020. give me a break by then there SAM Awami stooge govt is blabbering about would be obsolete.

Viist to China means nothing when policy awami stooge govt pursuing is to destroy Bangladesh defence forces and sovereignty.

Who are you kiiding when you come up with road link with China. Only way road link to China can happen is through Myanmar. Awami stooges govt with indian prescribe plybook trying everything to antagonize that relationship.

Didn't you the one lied and tried to propagate middle income country stsus using deep sea port income. But did not have any proof other than some of your own cooked up fantacies.

Be sure awami stooge famtacies are not reflection of what Bangladesh is and should be.

All Awami stooge govt did was eye wash just like rest of "don bodol" or "change" hoax.

Show us the approval of what and when this frigates will be inducted??????????
We have seen Awami stooge plan to purchase SAM by 2020. give me a break by then there SAM Awami stooge govt is blabbering about would be obsolete.

Viist to China means nothing when policy awami stooge govt pursuing is to destroy Bangladesh defence forces and sovereignty.

Who are you kiiding when you come up with road link with China. Only way road link to China can happen is through Myanmar. Awami stooges govt with indian prescribe plybook trying everything to antagonize that relationship.

Didn't you the one lied and tried to propagate middle income country stsus using deep sea port income. But did not have any proof other than some of your own cooked up fantacies.

Be sure awami stooge famtacies are not reflection of what Bangladesh is and should be.

My gosh, you are such a relentless AL basher.. Aamazed me... :rofl::rofl:

1-UPA govt runs india now,and has being doing so for the last 5 years.....you idiot!......you dont even know a bit bout things,yet you brag like being a scholar.,..that is evident from the a bove point

Idiot? stop shaking your head first when u talk indian, then u have the right to call others idiot. BJP ruled India from 1998 to 2004. Its like electing taleban. And you call yourselves the largest democracy. BJP is a religious extremist party, whose sole aim is to marginalize the minority. That was my point, get it through your protein deprived brain.

Nazrul islam,you first say bjp runs india now, and then say from 1998 to 2004....whats the point?....look at the latest election results!.....you will see what modern india prefers......i agree bjp is a religious hulala party and i hate them too, but they are not the culprits,groups like vd and ss are.......btw,jamaat-e-islami is still hard and running in bd,no???.....ps-isnt it a matter of shame for you that my protein deprived brain runs faster than yours???!...lol

Bangaldash should ask india for some missiles like their cruise missile they are also selling it why to get some thing from china??bangali beloved neighbour and friend is near you ask them to get some thing for your security trust me it could be a best deal mutual security of india and bangladash what the point it is nothing new you did it in past why not now?i think india can provide bangladash some good goodies

Back
Top Bottom