What's new

Bangladesh Army

ya dont worry

i have a feeling the chinese are working overtime to make this a reality
the world may see something soon.. maybe next year

Wheels ARE turning...

A concept I also think would work for BD offensive capabilities is suicide UAVs

UAE developed loitering munition which is jet powered with a 250km range and 25kg warhead but at a likely higher cost
1618172217886.png

1618172224838.png

Israeli Harop loitering munition used by Azerbaijan very successfully
1618172261697.png

Multi Nation Counter Terrorism exercise "Shantir Oggroshena" between Bangladesh, India, Sri Lanka and Bhutan in Bangladesh. A total of 123 soldiers from the four countries participated in the exercise.

Multi Nation Counter Terrorism exercise "Shantir Oggroshena" between Bangladesh, India, Sri Lanka and Bhutan in Bangladesh. A total of 123 soldiers from the four countries participated in the exercise.

I am a little surprised that Bangladesh army is still missioned with anti-terrorism duties.

Shouldn't there be separate and specialized anti-terrorist units to fight in urban warfare, which is the domain of terrorists anyway?

Bangladesh should suggest exercises in India to train with their army in fighting Hindutva terrorists.

Oh wait - Hindutva terrorists fight only unarmed civilians.... 8-)

If Army brass in Bangladesh doesn't get the hint, holding exercises in Bangladesh essentially vindicates Indian govt. claims that Bangladesh HAS terrorists in its soil. So - India has no terrorists then?

I am a little surprised that Bangladesh army is still missioned with anti-terrorism duties.

Shouldn't there be separate and specialized anti-terrorist units to fight in urban warfare, which is the domain of terrorists anyway?

Bangladesh should suggest exercises in India to train with their army in fighting Hindutva terrorists.

If Army brass in Bangladesh doesn't get the hint, holding exercises in Bangladesh essentially vindicates Indian govt. claims that Bangladesh HAS terrorists in its soil. So - India has no terrorists then?

Army has the need to perform anti-terrorist operations in UN missions. Also remember, it's the Army who still keeps CHT under control from falling into the hands of terrorists and insurgents, not the police or RAB.

I remember back in 2010 trekking in CHT and frequently coming across Army camps and BGB camps. I remember a particularly funny incident, we were going uphill to Boga Lake and saw a bunch of army jawans coming down to get food supplies and gallons of freshwater. And they eventually got the supplies and carried the heavy load and still managed to reach the army camp on top of the hill in Boga lake before us! While we were panting like a bunch of old dogs.

The army trains our local SWATs and ATUs and I guess eventually for anti-terror operations within the country, the army will not be called in all the time, as it used to be the case in the past. Now all major Metropolitan Police HQs have their dedicated SWAT teams trained by the army.

I like that we are holding exercises and learning. These exercises are necessary given the world we live in, especially after the Holey Artisan attack. In fact, after that attack we started holding these exercises with India. A contingent was sent to India to train on anti-insurgency/ terrorist operations.

But the major concern I have with these exercises with India, albeit how small they are, is fraternization. RAW is very active and all it takes is one single individual to turn and become a Manchurian Candidate sometime in the future. That is a matter of grave concern.

Army has the need to perform anti-terrorist operations in UN missions. Also remember, it's the Army who still keeps CHT under control from falling into the hands of terrorists and insurgents, not the police or RAB.

I remember back in 2010 trekking in CHT and frequently coming across Army camps and BGB camps. I remember a particularly funny incident, we were going uphill to Boga Lake and saw a bunch of army jawans coming down to get food supplies and gallons of freshwater. And they eventually got the supplies and carried the heavy load and still managed to reach the army camp on top of the hill in Boga lake before us! While we were panting like a bunch of old dogs.

The army trains our local SWATs and ATUs and I guess eventually for anti-terror operations within the country, the army will not be called in all the time, as it used to be the case in the past. Now all major Metropolitan Police HQs have their dedicated SWAT teams trained by the army.

I like that we are holding exercises and learning. These exercises are necessary given the world we live in, especially after the Holey Artisan attack. In fact, after that attack we started holding these exercises with India. A contingent was sent to India to train on anti-insurgency/ terrorist operations.

But the major concern I have with these exercises with India, albeit how small they are, is fraternization. RAW is very active and all it takes is one single individual to turn and become a Manchurian Candidate sometime in the future. That is a matter of grave concern.

That is exactly the point I was trying to make.

RAW recruitment drives (because of Indian H1B induced backoffice surge and resultant economic impetus) are at an all time high and cannot be any different in Bangladesh. Their funding and activities are in overdrive, particularly clandestine cyber activity.

RAW has become even more active and desperate in Bangladesh because (as I always say) Bangladesh inevitably sliding closer and closer to China camp, both economically and geopolitically. RAW or any Indian functionary can do little about it, try as they might.

If Govt was smart, they would modernise the ansar to the level of paramilitary (arms+training) and give these fellows for CT ops.

Keep the army for purely offensive purpose.

But alas. BD has dunderheads as leaders

The way things are going, no manchurian candidate will survive in bd

Wheels ARE turning...

Going by this article, the chinese are doing everything they can to replace USD by 2024 🤔

I have always said that muslim nations like Malaysia indonesia BD pakistan turkey + ally china should completely and utterly ditch that rubbish called USD for import export. these nations should work togather to make a single common trading currency to replace the USD. Once that is done .. BD can easily assert herself from india and make friends in the muslim world

Ally China? China eventually won't be good ally of Muslims. They are oppressors of Muslims in Xinjiang.

Yes you are correct Hindutva terrorists are an excellent ally of awami league.

But it does not matter. The end is near for the awami league.

Its hilarious when awami league pretends to be muslims.

Only Indians and their sycophants bring up Xinjiang to point fingers on China, no offense.

Maximum new investments in Bangladesh for AL (which AL leaders use to fatten their Swiss bank accounts) are from China. Now does one poop in the same plate one eats from ??

What can Bangladeshis gain if they bring up Xinjiang, except some India-appeasing?

No one in Bangladesh cares about Xinjiang. Period.

Only some India-appeasers do.

Uighurs are at the end of the day, Chinese citizens. They should obey Chinese law.

@rott, @Beast brothers your thoughts.

And since another guy brought up Uighur & Xinjiang here, they should be made aware that there is a separate thread to discuss that subject.

Please don't pollute other threads with that discussion.

Last edited:
Now China has come back with Digital Yuan, Word on the street is that it may challenge the Dollar as common currency at least in Asia, if not the rest of the world. Remains to be seen what India's response will be.

Yeah not gonna work but it’s good they moved to crypto.
bitcoin will eventually replace dollar as world reserve and ethereal would probably be another candidate if it puts a cap on its token amount

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom