What's new

Bangladesh Army

Yea a new indigenous developed rocket launcher from jordan might have a chance of being produced in BD. Less interference by 3rd parties. As of 2018 we had a tender open for new RPGs, the choice was between RPG 7v2 and type69-1. It would have been better if we had a more modern RPG in our arsenal.

I doubt about selling the apcs to the military though. We recently bought a ton from Russia and we also have just set up maintenance workshops for them. Traditionally most of armour comes from either Russia or China, only turkey made a breakthrough recently. It comes down to pricing issues as well as performance capabilities. To me China and russia has a upper hand since we get them for cheaper price, as well as the fact that these weapons systems have been quite effective for our needs.

However, as mentioned before, jordan may break into this sector if they offer force multiplier to the already existing vehicles, such as RCWS or APS. There is a lack of such systems in our armoured systems, and if Jordan can offer them, they will be able to corner the bangladeshi market.

As for the assualt rifle, i agree with you that bangladesh has to replace BD-08. However, some of the pics you posted look like M4s. We do currently have M4s in our Army and navy but they are not as widespread as BD-08. Plus we have to get USA persmission before locally producing them. As for the others, i think bangladesh can definitely produce and use them in a JV if the price is right

I think the cobra is being used as a LAV, rather than an APC

Lol they look so cute :D. Like little green frogs
not in the slightest
russian RPGs are the focus now... with NATO alternatives also looked into
Its being developed from the Russian RPG-32. So it is Russian based but it will be bigger, and wider to increase range, and penetration.

upload_2019-4-13_18-30-24.jpeg

upload_2019-4-13_18-30-38.jpeg

Last edited:
Its being developed from the Russian RPG-32. So it is Russian based but it will be bigger, and wider to increase range, and penetration.

View attachment 553232
View attachment 553233
Great to see Jordan is producing some defense equipment...
But to export to a military like Bangladesh, Jordan has to come close to Turkey in R&D in defense production. I hope one day it will.

Isn't that a 4x4? Completely different capabilities and role compared to 8x8s. My whole point is that this is easily available tech that would help Bangaldesh develop its indigenous industry which Turkey isn't.

BTR-80 is REALLY freaking old and has weak armor protection, and non-modern features. Replacements are needed as this system is OOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD I can't stress this enough and Jordan is a good option for a cheaper 8x8 that can meet the needs of BD.
The reason BD need BTR-80 due to its great amphibious capabilities. We have very wide rivers where you cant build bridges in wartime. BTR-80 gives us the capabilities to mover the troops with ease across the country.

56938154_10218372136839907_5756237538012430336_n.jpg
(Moments before) geronimo
Military Hardware Display 2019
Can BD procure older Mi-17s and get them upgraded by South Africa to be able to use Mokopa and Ingwe ATGMs? Also enables 23mm cannon as well as Soviet and Russian rockets, and gravity bombs.

Those are 8 Ingwes which can each penetrate 1000+ mm of RHA after ERA. Addition of FLIR, new cockpit, and Night Vision goggles also added.

Can BD procure older Mi-17s and get them upgraded by South Africa to be able to use Mokopa and Ingwe ATGMs? Also enables 23mm cannon as well as Soviet and Russian rockets, and gravity bombs.

Those are 8 Ingwes which can each penetrate 1000+ mm of RHA after ERA. Addition of FLIR, new cockpit, and Night Vision goggles also added.

We are buying new MI-17 as troops carrier. There are plan for dedicated attack helicopter .

We are buying new MI-17 as troops carrier. There are plan for dedicated attack helicopter .
Why did you guys buy the in the Mi-17SH variant? That can carry the same armament as the Mi-24 as far as I know.

Mi-171Sh
Export version of the Ulan-Udes Mi-8AMTSh. Czech Republic and Croatia have ordered these types in 2005 and 2007.Bangladesh Army and Bangladesh Air Force also operates Mi-171Sh as armed helicopter.[94] Two recent operators are Peru who ordered 6, all due for delivery in 2011,[95] and Ghana which received 4 of the helicopters in January 2013.[96]

These are armed with rockets and I'm simply saying that they could also be adapted to fire ATGMs.
upload_2019-4-18_22-12-17.jpeg

Why did you guys buy the in the Mi-17SH variant? That can carry the same armament as the Mi-24 as far as I know.

Mi-171Sh
Export version of the Ulan-Udes Mi-8AMTSh. Czech Republic and Croatia have ordered these types in 2005 and 2007.Bangladesh Army and Bangladesh Air Force also operates Mi-171Sh as armed helicopter.[94] Two recent operators are Peru who ordered 6, all due for delivery in 2011,[95] and Ghana which received 4 of the helicopters in January 2013.[96]

These are armed with rockets and I'm simply saying that they could also be adapted to fire ATGMs.
View attachment 554225
Mi17Sh has bought for troop transportation with limited attack capabilities.
we have 40+ units of Mi17 series with different variants.

Mi17Sh has bought for troop transportation with limited attack capabilities.
we have 40+ units of Mi17 series with different variants.
Do yo happen to know when and if Bangladesh gets an attack helicopter and which country it would be from? Personally I think they should go for the Z-19 as Recon and medium attack and the Z-10 as a heavy attack helicopter considering BDs ties with China but they could also go for the LCH from India.

Z-19- This could serve a similar to the American OH-58 Kiowa while also performing anti-tank roles. 15-20 units maybe or more even.

Harbin_Z-19.jpg

General characteristics

• Crew: Two, pilot and observer
  • Length: 12 m (39 ft 4 in)
  • Height: 4.01 m (13 ft 2 in)
  • Empty weight: 2,350 kg (5,181 lb)
  • Max takeoff weight: 4,250[11] kg (9,370 lb)
  • Powerplant: 2 × WZ-8C turboshafts, 700 kW (940 hp) each
  • Main rotor diameter: 11.93 m (39 ft 2 in)
  • Main rotor area: 111.79 m2 (1,203.3 sq ft)
Performance

• Maximum speed: 280 km/h (174 mph; 151 kn)
  • Cruise speed: 245 km/h (152 mph; 132 kn)
  • Range: 700 km (435 mi; 378 nmi)
  • Endurance: 4 hours
  • Service ceiling: 6,000 m (20,000 ft)
  • Rate of climb: 9 m/s (1,800 ft/min)
Armament

• 2 pylons for rockets, gun pods, 8x HJ-8 or other anti-tank/air-to-surface/anti-ship missiles, 8x TY-90 air-to-air missiles.[5]

Z-10-This would perform a dedicated attack role for Bangladesh and help it become a army that uses modern equipment.

1024px-PLAAF_Changhe_WZ-10_-_Jordan.jpg

1024px-Changhe_WZ-10.jpg

Performance

Armament

• Guns: 23x115 mm revolver gun or 25*137 mm M242 Bushmaster chain gun.
  • Hardpoints: 4
  • Rockets: 57 mm, 90 mm multi-barrel unguided rocket pods
  • Missiles: ** Up to 16 HJ-10 air to surface / anti tank / anti helicopter missiles. ADK10 is reported to be the official name of HJ10 missile.[19]
Avionics

Do yo happen to know when and if Bangladesh gets an attack helicopter and which country it would be from?
Well not Chinese one as far as I know, Mi35 and T-129 are in the competition currently, Mi-28 was also in the list but don't know about it currently.

Turkish manufacturer said that BD was in advanced negotiations for T-129 - hope BA gets the Turkish helicopter!
Why the Turkish helicopter? The thing is that if a newer engine is not developed it will always be sanction prone because of course the turbo shaft is IP of the US. You won't get any of those same type of sanctions with China or maybe even with Russia. There is a lot of hype of it I think because it is made by a Muslim country and this is biasing a lot of people towards Turkish helicopters but frankly Turkey is new to the business while Russia, and China are not.

Personally I think the cheapest option would be to buy Jordanian Ah-1s for sale that can of course can be upgraded and their life cycle extended by at least 20 years. Jordan is apparently selling off 17 as well as a bunch of their aircraft which BD could also buy that would help them expand their inventory such as C-295, and C-130B.

The Royal Jordanian Air Force (RJAF) has put its two AC-235 gunships up for sale, along with its Sikorsky UH-60L fleet. Separate announcements made on the air force’s official website on December 24 (UH-60s) and 28 (AC-235s) brought the offers into the public domain. They add to a series of declarations in the summer in which a number of other types were made available for purchase as part of a major RJAF fleet rationalization and cost-reduction effort.

In the 2018 releases, a single Lockheed C-130B was offered for sale along with 12 Hawk Mk 63 trainers and 13 Bell UH-1H utility helicopters on July 8, followed by 17 Bell AH-1F Cobras equipped with the NTS (Night Targeting System) and two Airbus C295 medium airlifters on July 12.

Same upgrade could be done to Bengali Ah-1s that adds Hellfire's as well as many other features that again would extend service life until 2039 from todays date.
https://www.arabianaerospace.aero/modernised-cobras-give-rjaf-extra-bite.html

@BDforever Agree with this? Or off-topic?

Why the Turkish helicopter? The thing is that if a newer engine is not developed it will always be sanction prone because of course the turbo shaft is IP of the US. You won't get any of those same type of sanctions with China or maybe even with Russia. There is a lot of hype of it I think because it is made by a Muslim country and this is biasing a lot of people towards Turkish helicopters but frankly Turkey is new to the business while Russia, and China are not.

Personally I think the cheapest option would be to buy Jordanian Ah-1s for sale that can of course can be upgraded and their life cycle extended by at least 20 years. Jordan is apparently selling off 17 as well as a bunch of their aircraft which BD could also buy that would help them expand their inventory such as C-295, and C-130B.

The Royal Jordanian Air Force (RJAF) has put its two AC-235 gunships up for sale, along with its Sikorsky UH-60L fleet. Separate announcements made on the air force’s official website on December 24 (UH-60s) and 28 (AC-235s) brought the offers into the public domain. They add to a series of declarations in the summer in which a number of other types were made available for purchase as part of a major RJAF fleet rationalization and cost-reduction effort.

In the 2018 releases, a single Lockheed C-130B was offered for sale along with 12 Hawk Mk 63 trainers and 13 Bell UH-1H utility helicopters on July 8, followed by 17 Bell AH-1F Cobras equipped with the NTS (Night Targeting System) and two Airbus C295 medium airlifters on July 12.

Same upgrade could be done to Bengali Ah-1s that adds Hellfire's as well as many other features that again would extend service life until 2039 from todays date.
https://www.arabianaerospace.aero/modernised-cobras-give-rjaf-extra-bite.html

@BDforever Agree with this? Or off-topic?
1. I agree with engine and sanction stuff, BAF is more interested in Mi35 because BAF already has maintenance facilities of Mi17 series which is same company.
2. why are you selling off so many aircrafts ? are you disarming your AF ? :P
3. BD should look into AC-235, UH60L, AH-1F, C-130B, C-295 sales.

1. I agree with engine and sanction stuff, BAF is more interested in Mi35 because BAF already has maintenance facilities of Mi17 series which is same company.
2. why are you selling off so many aircrafts ? are you disarming your AF ? :P
3. BD should look into AC-235, UH60L, AH-1F, C-130B, C-295 sales.
Nah, its these aircraft are redundant and the Jordanian armed forces have tight budget. If Allah wills we will be getting new attack helicopters, upgrading F-16 to Viper variant, and buying new transport planes like An-132 or such. We really don't have any great threats in the region because Israel has a peace treaty and you know what's happening with Syria and Lebanon.
BD should really expand influence in MENA area because than you can improve defense ties as well as political ties. I would like to see all Muslim countries defense industries increase including Bangladesh, and this could help.

Also, I don't know if I mentioned this but if BD could procure older Mi-24s and get them upgraded by South Africa it would be a lot cheaper and more deadly that buying new built ones.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...ght-hawk.pdf&usg=AOvVaw0ebummbC3NZZplCV72By6A

Back
Top Bottom