What's new

Bangladesh Army

All weapons are basically offensive. The purpose of building a vessel that will carry 8 battle tanks and has a helipad, too, is certainly not defensive in nature. However, since it will carry important military hardware as well as troops I believe the vessels will be fitted with weapons that can be used against an enemy attack from the sky.

Air defense will be manpads and helios.

Opinions about starting a JV with Jordan? Jordan can help Bangladesh in armored vehicle manufacturing, ATGM and RPG-32 manufacturing, body armor manufacturing, etc.
It would help Bangladesh's defense industry a whole lot when it comes to relying less and less on foreign countries and achieving self-sufficiency. www.kaddb.com/en-us/KADDBs-PORTFOLIO/LAND-SYSTEMS
www.jadara.jo/

Opinions about starting a JV with Jordan? Jordan can help Bangladesh in armored vehicle manufacturing, ATGM and RPG-32 manufacturing, body armor manufacturing, etc.
It would help Bangladesh's defense industry a whole lot when it comes to relying less and less on foreign countries and achieving self-sufficiency. www.kaddb.com/en-us/KADDBs-PORTFOLIO/LAND-SYSTEMS
www.jadara.jo/

JV with Jordan seems like a good idea to me. Bangladesh is trying to have some self sufficiency in defense and have recently stepped up efforts to achieve it. Some of the lighter land systems have already in use with the Jordanian military so they seem reliable.

There might be some issues that be brought to the forefront though. Like how much of the tech jordan used from its system are from 3rd party countries. And are they willing to allow bangladesh use the it? Cause we had problems with accessing american/western system in the past. Secondly, weapons like RPG 32 are from russia, so i guess we have to take permission from them before we make them, so why not just go to the original source instead. In this case, Russia is a important defense partner of Bangladesh, so instead of going to jordan why not just ask the original source for help. Lastly, the jv, which is a private venture, must deal with low sales volume as well. BD military even though is growing, has a practice of placing small orders for new weapons system. IMO, if the JV wants to have some initial success, it might want to focus on products that enhances our current existing systems, or acts as a force multiplier instead of directly competing against them.

The idea is fine with me, but the devil will always be in the details

JV with Jordan seems like a good idea to me. Bangladesh is trying to have some self sufficiency in defense and have recently stepped up efforts to achieve it. Some of the lighter land systems have already in use with the Jordanian military so they seem reliable.

There might be some issues that be brought to the forefront though. Like how much of the tech jordan used from its system are from 3rd party countries. And are they willing to allow bangladesh use the it? Cause we had problems with accessing american/western system in the past. Secondly, weapons like RPG 32 are from russia, so i guess we have to take permission from them before we make them, so why not just go to the original source instead. In this case, Russia is a important defense partner of Bangladesh, so instead of going to jordan why not just ask the original source for help. Lastly, the jv, which is a private venture, must deal with low sales volume as well. BD military even though is growing, has a practice of placing small orders for new weapons system. IMO, if the JV wants to have some initial success, it might want to focus on products that enhances our current existing systems, or acts as a force multiplier instead of directly competing against them.

The idea is fine with me, but the devil will always be in the details
The RPG-32 is a tricky thing since Jordan has the export rights, but Jordan is developing a newer heavier rocket-launcher system that will be bigger, and thus have more penetration. I assume they got the capabilities to develop it from reverse engineering a rather simple system the RPG-32. I quote "In early 2018 we started developing a new system,” Mr. Jafar tells EDR, “in the form of a new RPG that in the end will replace our current RPG-32 Nashshab.” He underlines that the aim is to increase range, diameter and thus penetration capability. “We hope the development will be quick, as we are producing in-house most of the components,” he adds, underlining that he hopes to really reduce as much as possible the time to market." I guess if this system is produced then making a factory in Bangladesh wouldn't be so difficult and would help replace the RPG-7 with a system that has greater specifications.

Low sales volumes wouldn't be a problem since if it had happened earlier a huge contract for some 600 vehicles could have been signed instead of the original Otokar Cobra deal. This deal would be worth a pretty good amount(50-100). For example the Al-Wahsh which is produced in Jordan, and is the original design for the Gaz Tigr could have been used instead of the Cobra.

Also, for example instead of using older designed Chinese rifles why not go to Jordan to at least replace your older rifles such as the Chinese variant of the Ak-47?
11.5 inch which would act as a carbine, or CQB fighting.
5ae445506575dOptimized-037A4456.jpg

14.5 inch which can act as a standard service rifle.
5ae6ef1390a26Optimized-037A4402.jpg

And lastly the 20 inch rifle which could be used as a sniper rifle.
5ae6f3ad06927Optimized-037A4337.jpg

As well as replacing Bangladesh's standard pistol.
5ad7067c04fd6Standard.jpg

5ae6fb953475fOptimized-037A4248.jpg

The RPG-32 is a tricky thing since Jordan has the export rights, but Jordan is developing a newer heavier rocket-launcher system that will be bigger, and thus have more penetration. I assume they got the capabilities to develop it from reverse engineering a rather simple system the RPG-32. I quote "In early 2018 we started developing a new system,” Mr. Jafar tells EDR, “in the form of a new RPG that in the end will replace our current RPG-32 Nashshab.” He underlines that the aim is to increase range, diameter and thus penetration capability. “We hope the development will be quick, as we are producing in-house most of the components,” he adds, underlining that he hopes to really reduce as much as possible the time to market." I guess if this system is produced then making a factory in Bangladesh wouldn't be so difficult and would help replace the RPG-7 with a system that has greater specifications.

Low sales volumes wouldn't be a problem since if it had happened earlier a huge contract for some 600 vehicles could have been signed instead of the original Otokar Cobra deal. This deal would be worth a pretty good amount(50-100). For example the Al-Wahsh which is produced in Jordan, and is the original design for the Gaz Tigr could have been used instead of the Cobra.

Also, for example instead of using older designed Chinese rifles why not go to Jordan to at least replace your older rifles such as the Chinese variant of the Ak-47?
11.5 inch which would act as a carbine, or CQB fighting.
5ae445506575dOptimized-037A4456.jpg

14.5 inch which can act as a standard service rifle.
5ae6ef1390a26Optimized-037A4402.jpg

5ae6f3ad06927Optimized-037A4337.jpg

5ad7067c04fd6Standard.jpg

5ae6fb953475fOptimized-037A4248.jpg
so when are we having the deal ? :guns:

Forgot to mention this but Jordan can also offer 8x8s for local production in Bangladesh. WAYYY better protection that the BTR-80, and multiple variants such as IFV/APC/Tank destroyer. STANAG 4569 level 4 upgradable to level 5 for some variants. This would increase the lethality, and protection of Bangladesh's armed forces and enable it to acquire one multirole platform.

APC variant with no armament.
img_2324-copy-jpg.553028

Version with 12.7mm SnakeHead turret.
img_2742-copy-jpg.553029

IFV variant with 30mm cannon.
img_2021-copy-jpg.553031

Vehicle with 76mm cannon, and highest proection for all vehicles STANAG 4569 Level 5 (25mm frontal)
gfdhrtjhredgserhytrjgrfh-png.553032

dfhdfhfggdfgw-png.553033

105mm tank destroyer variant
1237529_943522545663056_6950661183140702384_n-jpg.553046

4756756-jpg.553047

I mean setting up a big old factory like this in Bangladesh wouldn't be that hard.

wew.png

@Philip the Arab about APC, we are currently adopting otokar Cobra 2 but if Jordan can offer tech or cheap price BD surely will like to take it.
Isn't that a 4x4? Completely different capabilities and role compared to 8x8s. My whole point is that this is easily available tech that would help Bangaldesh develop its indigenous industry which Turkey isn't.

BTR-80 is REALLY freaking old and has weak armor protection, and non-modern features. Replacements are needed as this system is OOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD I can't stress this enough and Jordan is a good option for a cheaper 8x8 that can meet the needs of BD.

Isn't that a 4x4? Completely different capabilities and role compared to 8x8s. My whole point is that this is easily available tech that would help Bangaldesh develop its indigenous industry which Turkey isn't.

BTR-80 is REALLY freaking old and has weak armor protection, and non-modern features. Replacements are needed as this system is OOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD I can't stress this enough and Jordan is a good option for a cheaper 8x8 that can meet the needs of BD.
not just 8x8, we also require amphibious capabilities, we are full of water areas

11.5 inch which would act as a carbine, or CQB fighting. 14.5 inch which can act as a standard service rifle.

Yea a new indigenous developed rocket launcher from jordan might have a chance of being produced in BD. Less interference by 3rd parties. As of 2018 we had a tender open for new RPGs, the choice was between RPG 7v2 and type69-1. It would have been better if we had a more modern RPG in our arsenal.

I doubt about selling the apcs to the military though. We recently bought a ton from Russia and we also have just set up maintenance workshops for them. Traditionally most of armour comes from either Russia or China, only turkey made a breakthrough recently. It comes down to pricing issues as well as performance capabilities. To me China and russia has a upper hand since we get them for cheaper price, as well as the fact that these weapons systems have been quite effective for our needs.

However, as mentioned before, jordan may break into this sector if they offer force multiplier to the already existing vehicles, such as RCWS or APS. There is a lack of such systems in our armoured systems, and if Jordan can offer them, they will be able to corner the bangladeshi market.

As for the assualt rifle, i agree with you that bangladesh has to replace BD-08. However, some of the pics you posted look like M4s. We do currently have M4s in our Army and navy but they are not as widespread as BD-08. Plus we have to get USA persmission before locally producing them. As for the others, i think bangladesh can definitely produce and use them in a JV if the price is right

@Philip the Arab about APC, we are currently adopting otokar Cobra 2 but if Jordan can offer tech or cheap price BD surely will like to take it.

I think the cobra is being used as a LAV, rather than an APC

Bangladesh Army took delivery of 110 indigeniously built MFG23C speed boats.

Besides the Army the BGB also uses these watercraft for patrolling. These can carry a full section of 10-12 personnel.

https://www.bdmilitary.com/profiles...moXN-raM9alqyobmiTnMoSmQ21JRGlLtuVqeQ4qkMe9vw

56751255_10205613214485846_1584889927756152832_n.jpg

Lol they look so cute :D. Like little green frogs

That you brother for sharing these information. Looks nice all those equipments! I believe we could have potential opportunities among us, given we are looking for other sources apart from Russia and China. I'd like to believe we have good diplomatic relations and if they continue, BD could surely be a defence market for Jordan. :)

Back
Top Bottom