What's new

Bangladesh Army

Point well taken. No one (least myself) is suggesting we match Indian armor piece to piece. It is improbable.

What I suggested is that qualitatively we need to improve so interlopers have second thoughts about an 'easy' walk in and take-over. To have an effective anti-tank force we need to have more than RPG's and PF-98's. Just as an example, we don't have tank destroyers with with greater strategic mobility, such as the B1 Centauro.

2l-Image-43.jpg
agreed.

Special Forces Para-Commando Brigade of the Bangladesh Army. This is one of two Para-Commando Brigades earmarked under Forces Goal 2030 to form a Commando Division.

49895341_10205345791800446_2140799798419128320_n.jpg
50269924_10205345791960450_7634947475568066560_n.jpg

With only a first GEN infantry/cruiser tank (now being upgraded, Type 59
i wouldn't insult it in that way... a second gen at most stock....
maybe a 2+ GEN (Chinese MBT 2000's), we are
these can be compared to a third gen MBT as their chassis are based on t72s

the idea is since our military is mostly a defensive force, more emphasis is being placed on anti tank... and with recent wars they've proved to be superior to any tank threats... without next gen tech leap in tank technology... it would be a waste to buy many for now

BGB detained one myanmar army soldier in bandarbaan..
50799406_1957873047854383_4363211547489599488_n.jpg

আজ সন্ধ্যায় বাংলাদেশের ভূখণ্ডে বান্দরবানের নাইক্ষ্যংছড়ির লেম্বুছড়ি সীমান্তের পাহাড়ী এলাকা থেকে মিয়ানমারের সেনাবাহিনীর এক সদস্যকে আটক আটক করেছে বিজিবি।

কক্সবাজার সেক্টরের বিজিবি সেক্টর কমান্ডার কর্ণেল বায়েজিদ খানের নেতৃত্বে একটি দল আটক কৃত বার্মিজ সেনাসদস্যকে ইন্টারোগেড করছেন।আটক কৃত সেনা সদস্য নিজেকে মায়ানমারের ২৮৭ নং ব্যাটালিয়নের বেন্ডুলা ক্যাম্পের সেনা সদস্য হিসেবে পরিচয় দেয়।আটককৃত সেনা সদস্যের নাম "অং বো থিন"। বাংলাদেশে আসার কারণ জিজ্ঞাসা করলে সে জানায় বেন্ডুলা ক্যাম্পে তার উপর অর্পিত দায়িত্ব ভাল না লাগায় সে পালিয়ে বাংলাদেশে চলে এসেছে। বর্তমানে তাকে নাইক্ষ্যংছড়ি বিজিবির ১১ নং ব্যাটালিয়নে নিয়ে এসে জিজ্ঞাসাবাদ করা হচ্ছে।

BGB detained one myanmar army soldier in bandarbaan..
View attachment 534908

আজ সন্ধ্যায় বাংলাদেশের ভূখণ্ডে বান্দরবানের নাইক্ষ্যংছড়ির লেম্বুছড়ি সীমান্তের পাহাড়ী এলাকা থেকে মিয়ানমারের সেনাবাহিনীর এক সদস্যকে আটক আটক করেছে বিজিবি।

কক্সবাজার সেক্টরের বিজিবি সেক্টর কমান্ডার কর্ণেল বায়েজিদ খানের নেতৃত্বে একটি দল আটক কৃত বার্মিজ সেনাসদস্যকে ইন্টারোগেড করছেন।আটক কৃত সেনা সদস্য নিজেকে মায়ানমারের ২৮৭ নং ব্যাটালিয়নের বেন্ডুলা ক্যাম্পের সেনা সদস্য হিসেবে পরিচয় দেয়।আটককৃত সেনা সদস্যের নাম "অং বো থিন"। বাংলাদেশে আসার কারণ জিজ্ঞাসা করলে সে জানায় বেন্ডুলা ক্যাম্পে তার উপর অর্পিত দায়িত্ব ভাল না লাগায় সে পালিয়ে বাংলাদেশে চলে এসেছে। বর্তমানে তাকে নাইক্ষ্যংছড়ি বিজিবির ১১ নং ব্যাটালিয়নে নিয়ে এসে জিজ্ঞাসাবাদ করা হচ্ছে।

BD should not bother publicising this... pump the animal for information, turn him into asset and if that is not possible liquidate...

We have a lot of newspaper dude. Multiple news paper publishing the same thing does not make this old... LOL

and you read teknaf news?? :undecided:

I have never heard of Teknaf news...

I guess the readership in Teknaf is mature enough these days.

Or - like Trump says, this could be a fake news outlet sponsored by the Tatmadaw. :-)

Chief of Army Staff General Aziz Ahmed with promoted four female commanding officers (COs): Sanjida Hossain (Artillery), Syeda Nazia Royhan (Artillery), Farhana Afrin (Artillery) and Sarah Amir (Engineers). Photo ISPR
For the first time in Bangladesh Army’s history, four female officers have been made commanding officers (COs) of as many as battalions following their promotion to the rank of Lieutenant Colonel from Major.

Of them, three have been appointed COs to three artillery battalions while one has been made commanding officer to an engineers’ battalion.

Chief of Army Staff General Aziz Ahmed adorned the promoted female officers with their new rank badge at a ceremony at the Army Headquarters on Thursday, said an ISPR release.

Those who were promoted and made COs are Sanjida Hossain (Artillery), Syeda Nazia Royhan (Artillery), Farhana Afrin (Artillery) and Sarah Amir (Engineers).

On September 30 last year, Bangladesh Army found its first female major general in Dr Susane Giti.

http://www.theindependentbd.com/post/184715

50571671_10205366376595053_3605221240756764672_n.jpg

Micro-Drone induction last year for Bangladesh - supplier was Turkish firm. I believe 500 were inducted with networked command and control structure. Ignore the bad narration in Bengali.

Last edited:
PM visits the defence expo in the UAE....I don't have any clue if she is going to sign any agreement or not. Can't be a visit just to browse....(er maineta ki?)

Recently the Army put up a tender regarding LCTs, TCV and Command vessels. The LCTs are specified as being river going vessels, and will be able to carry 8 MBT200s and will have a helipad. They will be getting 2 of them.

The troop carrying vessel will be able to carry 200 troops and we will be getting 3 of them. They will also be seaworthy upto sea-state 4.

The command vessels(4 on order) will be able to carry 35 personnels plus 1 jeep and 1 pickup and they will also be seaworthy up to sea-state 4.

The Army seems to really stepping up in building up their riverine force. Granted none of them are offensive, they seem to be integrating and utilizing rivers into their operational plans

Back
Top Bottom