What's new

Bangladesh Army

these things are just fancy . i am happy after considering pak army drop them . army need something real not these child rides

The fight doctrine and the tools used could be (and are in this case) widely different.

My understanding is that these ATV's are great to use going up narrow jungle trails to pursue insurgents who are hiding in the bush.

That is a real scenario for Bangladesh Army in the Chittagong Hill tracts.

T-90MS and T14 Armata MBT have gotten to be super expensive because of the high level of technology and performance included - which is a result of philosophical changes in Russian Army MBT design. Almost to the level of solutions from EU defense producers like Italy and France.

The reason is that both of these are highly automated platforms - In T14 Armata the main gun is fully auto-loaded and the external turret-mounted launchers (see image below) are completely remote controlled with various sophisticated ERA sensors integrated all around the turret. Some of these sensors are expected to be integrated into the T90MS as well, increasing the cost of these latest versions.

In the T14 Armata, all three operators sit in an armored capsule in front of the hull near the Glacis plate.
t14 cost will be reduced down with economy of scale... russia will not order anymore t90s and they'll be made solely for export. the guns were always fully automated in terms of reloading however the extra ammo stored withing the tank and the turret bustle will now be automatically loaded.
t-90m has more space for ammo in the turret bustle compared to the ms and is infact an improvement over the t90ms

Both these tanks are almost equals of the latest Challengers and Abrams MBT versions. Even export versions cannot be reduced in price - as the Russians are not in a great hurry to slow down the equipping of their own armies with these forward platforms.
the prices are reasonable to begin with.... getting an abrams is not below 10mil with support and even then you're not getting the equivalents of those used in US army.
the t90 is hardly 5 mil with support.... and armata if ever opened up for export market will be below the american asking price at about 8 mill... in russia you get what you pay for... in america you pay for the privilege of gettinng anything at all

Does BD folks consider those dying while fighting the Pak Army in 1971 as Mushriks????

BD Army's "Burning Flame of Fire" as a tribute to their fallen soldiers in 1971 war:
upload_2018-12-10_12-40-48.png

Indian Army's "Burning Flame of Fire" as a tribute to their fallen soldiers:

Flame of Fire, especially for those who are dead, is reminiscent of the companions of the Naar-i Jehennem....

Does BD folks consider those dying while fighting the Pak Army in 1971 as Mushriks????

BD Army's "Burning Flame of Fire" as a tribute to their fallen soldiers in 1971 war:
View attachment 525822

Flame of Fire, especially for those who are dead, is reminiscent of the companions of the Naar-i Jehennem....

A burning flame represents the undying spirit of the war, nothing to do with religion.
Defeating and expelling mass murderers and rapists is worth celebrating.

We are not overly obsessed with religion like you are.

Last edited:

View attachment 525822

Yes they do

Yes they do
It means BD is in fact reminiscent of the victory of the Mushrikin over the Muslimin in this Alem-i Hikmet...

Whoever supports BD is in fact is in a state of Shirk.....

Shirk is the highest Tejavvuz-i-Izzet-i-Ilahi with no recourse for Keffara....

Indira Gandhi is right!!! She had in fact taken the revenge for a thousand years of the Muslim rule in the sub-continent!!! She has made Mushriks out of the BD Muslims!!! Nauzubillah..Hasha Summe Hasha....

It means BD is in fact reminiscent of the victory of the Mushrikin over the Muslimin in this Alem-i Hikmet...

Indira Gandhi is right!!! She had in fact taken the revenge for a thousand years of the Muslim rule in the sub-continent!!! She has made Mushriks out of the BD Muslims!!! Nauzubillah..Hasha Summe Hasha....

You are one classic butt-hurt moron.

BD was the natural ruler of the whole of Pakistan and the traitorous minority broke up the country in 1971.

t14 cost will be reduced down with economy of scale... russia will not order anymore t90s and they'll be made solely for export. the guns were always fully automated in terms of reloading however the extra ammo stored withing the tank and the turret bustle will now be automatically loaded.
t-90m has more space for ammo in the turret bustle compared to the ms and is infact an improvement over the t90ms

the prices are reasonable to begin with.... getting an abrams is not below 10mil with support and even then you're not getting the equivalents of those used in US army.
the t90 is hardly 5 mil with support.... and armata if ever opened up for export market will be below the american asking price at about 8 mill... in russia you get what you pay for... in america you pay for the privilege of gettinng anything at all

I hear you man. I believe new US equipment such as M1A2 is way out of the range of even well-funded armies in the Middle East.

That is why they are still looking at equipment like refurbished, re-engined, heavily modernized and re-armed older surplus US Tanks like the M60's which still have about twenty years of life left in them, so upgrading makes sense.There are some 5000 of these surplus M60's available worldwide. Egypt has over a thousand later version M1 Abrams (produced there), but they have heavily upgraded their M60's ('numbers' sacrificial tank force pushed out front as opposed to the super sophisticated Abrams which are saved for last). Egypt had 1700 M60's at one time.

This was Turkey's upgraded M60 version

800px-M60_kzlsngr.JPG

and this below is what Leonardo was offering as a refurbished version M60A3, in 2017. There are plenty of older stock M60's available to do this, and the refurbished item is easily comparable to 3rd generation tanks. Much better than our Durjoy and Pakistan's Al-Zarrar too - if I may dare to say so... The refurbished M60 has true Shooting-on-the-move capability.

Leonardo_M60A3.jpg

The point is that real value of 'numbers' tanks lies not in the latest and greatest which may be too expensive (and unproven to boot), but maybe one generation older from surplus stock but with economically upgraded packages such as new turrets, ERA packages, Power train, Running Gear, Night Scope, Thermal Imagers and digital fire control stations etc.

No one (least of all me) is advocating buying upgraded M60's. But upgrading an M60 may be better than upgrading Type 59's and we have to see WHAT modern capabilities we get with the upgrades and how they meet our mission objectives and capability checklists. Which has to be balanced with how many MORE we are getting, and if THAT is a plus.

Last edited:
I hear you man. I believe new US equipment such as M1A2 is way out of the range of even well-funded armies in the Middle East.

That is why they are still looking at equipment like refurbished, re-engined, heavily modernized and re-armed older surplus US Tanks like the M60's which still have about twenty years of life left in them, so upgrading makes sense.There are some 5000 of these surplus M60's available worldwide. Egypt has over a thousand later version M1 Abrams (produced there), but they have heavily upgraded their M60's ('numbers' sacrificial tank force pushed out front as opposed to the super sophisticated Abrams which are saved for last). Egypt had 1700 M60's at one time.

800px-M60_kzlsngr.JPG

and this below is what Leonardo was offering as a refurbished version M60A3, in 2017. There are plenty of older stock M60's available to do this, and the refurbished item is easily comparable to 3rd generation tanks. Much better than our Durjoy and Pakistan's Al-Zarrar too - if I may dare to say so... The refurbished M60 has true Shooting-on-the-move capability.

Leonardo_M60A3.jpg

The point is that real value of 'numbers' tanks lies not in the latest and greatest which may be too expensive (and unproven to boot), but maybe one generation older from surplus stock but with economically upgraded packages such as new turrets, ERA packages, Power train, Running Gear, Night Scope, Thermal Imagers and digital fire control stations etc.

No one (least of all me) is advocating buying upgraded M60's. But upgrading an M60 may be better than upgrading Type 59's and we have to see WHAT modern capabilities we get with the upgrades and how they meet our mission objectives and capability checklists. Which has to be balanced with how many MORE we are getting, and if THAT is a plus.
I believe our army doesn’t have any workforce to maintain something from out of China, you’re right... it makes much more sense to get m60s and upgrade them than t59s but here the Chinese are giving the base away for free which is a value proposition. With the already 300 durjoy, and 300 more to come and the other assortment of t90s and mbt2000s is actually a good force for a small country like Bangladesh.

View attachment 525822

So the Germans started the tradition of flame as a representation of undying spirit... and I figure you would be much better off in fire than freezing ice, coming from perspective of a guy who regularly lives in -30°c+ temp

If the victory of Muslims lie within mass murder of civilians and rapists... no wonder Muslims didn’t contribute to civilization in the last few centuries.
But why speak to you at all about civilian murder, you guys deny Armenian genocide ever happening.
Forget about that, pasta abandoned thousands of his own men who were fighting for the empire in the mountains to freeze to death. Never forget your past, we lost the glory of being Muslims a long time back.

these things are just fancy . i am happy after considering pak army drop them . army need something real not these child rides

You are correct. I was under the impression that an extra road wheel was added on each side by stretching the chassis/hull but the drive cogs and transmission components remain essentially the same. I also understand that a new higher output engine/powerpack has been employed to handle the added weight for the stretch.
The rear entry compartment etc is also different.

The transmission etc of even basic Talha and Saad were different than M-113.

Saad for example uses a 408HP german MTU powerpack with TX-200-5C automatic transmission.

A5BF9351-BCD2-4D38-979E-F3C4E528225B.jpeg
2FBDC280-E4CB-4EF7-A989-31DABB090416.jpeg
F901E91D-916D-41D7-BF4E-EDC2CD914575.jpeg
7C007B8C-7377-45FB-9ECE-554DB33BDA63.jpeg

While M-113 uses a 250-65hp engine and T-100 transmission.

Attachments

• D2E83409-404C-42DE-BACC-E3D2D66EF772.jpeg
    D2E83409-404C-42DE-BACC-E3D2D66EF772.jpeg
    139.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 0EED4EFC-52B0-42D4-A734-C2FE15D8440C.jpeg
    0EED4EFC-52B0-42D4-A734-C2FE15D8440C.jpeg
    168.3 KB · Views: 28

800px-M60_kzlsngr.JPG

Leonardo_M60A3.jpg

These are all stop gap projects.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom